Maggie Valley Party

• Well made it back to Lake Charles last nite - first time since the hurricanes - and just shy of 7 months. They are recovering from the storm slowly but there are many buildings and homes just GONE !! Seas of blue tarp roofs remain and debris pickup still in full gear. After all they have been thru my buddies were like kicking an ant pile and came to load up everything not already in storage. Coonasses are some of the finest people you will ever meet and I’m gonna miss em dearly. As I told Funinthesun today Mother Nature is a fickle gal - she spends hundreds of years growing huge, beautiful Oak trees and then wipes em out in a matter of hours. Talked to the Sheriff today (old friend) and he told me that the storm was much more powerful than the news reported. They have wind speed gauges on the bouys in the Gulf where the ships enter the channel to the Port of Lake Charles. The recorded speed at landfall was 191 mph so you can just imagine the damage. This pic taken today kinda says it all ..

the church is completely blown out and has to be torn down ..

even worse my watering hole 2 miles from my house where I consumed many a fine Kentucky bourbon....

top story where bar was GONE!! I hope they are spared another hurricane for many years but history says it’s only a matter of time till the next one. Thank God I will be far from hurricanes by the time the season starts. MAGGIE VALLEY PARTY TIME STILL ON SCHEDULE !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• It's hard to give this post a "Like" hit. But as we said today, everything there were THINGS and those (while massively expensive) are far less of a loss than the lives that survived.I can't imagine the kick in the gut feeling you and Angie must have had all day after seeing it in person. But going through those big hurricanes, making the move to banjo music ville is more for survival than just a change of pace. We wish you guys all the best and I'm sure you'll find in up there just fine

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It's hard to give this post a "Like" hit. But as we said today, everything there were THINGS and those (while massively expensive) are far less of a loss than the lives that survived.I can't imagine the kick in the gut feeling you and Angie must have had all day after seeing it in person. But going through those big hurricanes, making the move to banjo music ville is more for survival than just a change of pace. We wish you guys all the best and I'm sure you'll find in up there just fine

A coonass can fit in anywhere ..

:00008172:

• How about those of us who are NOT the crazies?.

Can you name them??

(Take your time Phil,..........we got time.......)

**First one to pee in Uncle Billy-Bob's little brook, get's a special prize from me!!**

(No clue what it might be, but it will be something......I think.......)

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Stopped for a minute for a quick post - we are fixing to pull out in the next hour from my beloved coonass land. Sad to say goodbye to all the wonderful people that live here but happy that I never again will be homeless due to a hurricane. Thanks to all my forum brothers that put up with me and my bride during this trying time. HILLBILLY HEAVEN here I come !!

• Stopped for a minute for a quick post - we are fixing to pull out in the next hour from my beloved coonass land. Sad to say goodbye to all the wonderful people that live here but happy that I never again will be homeless due to a hurricane. Thanks to all my forum brothers that put up with me and my bride during this trying time. HILLBILLY HEAVEN here I come !!

Just remember not to say NEVER!
    Remember that magnate you have in that leg? Just sayin

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Hey Bill I will keep this critter all fattened up for the BBQ

Hope you have a good recipe for Beaver - (the one in the cage Funinthesun & Tripod )

My favorite recipe for Beaver:

57 grains of IMR 4831 and a 165 grain Spitzer Boattail.

A bit of overkill but effective!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• My favorite recipe for Beaver:

57 grains of IMR 4831 and a 165 grain Spitzer Boattail.

A bit of overkill but effective!

Yes normally around here they mysteriously die of lead poisoning.

But we named it Jose and released it into another state - I am in for 50% of what he collects from Biden

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!