FORGED HEAD STUDS

• Anyone do or plan on doing this? From what I have heard about most of the engine failures, the head studs are stretching and allowing bad things to happen. ;(

Kenny, I installed the head bolts on the last original engine build that ended up going south, but not as a result of the studs failing. They were ARP studs pn# 231-4701. I believe they were like $150 for the set. Well worth having if you're going to have the engine apart since the stock head bolts are torque to yield (one time use) and why pay $50 for the stock junk ones if you have to buy something. These studs will be a lifetime use.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I don't know if you can just replace the studs like that without removing the head to replace the gasket, considering you don't want to warp your head by having some bolts torqued and others not, anyways I wouldn't do it. While you are there, replace your rods and pistons....

But yeah this is the ARP kit if you go that way:

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• I don't know if you can just replace the studs like that without removing the head to replace the gasket, considering you don't want to warp your head by having some bolts torqued and others not, anyways I wouldn't do it. While you are there, replace your rods and pistons....

But yeah this is the ARP kit if you go that way:

You should be able to replace the bolts one at a time so you do not have to remove the head or play with replacing the gasket. I spoke to DDM and they said that would be the easiest way.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html…s+pn%23+231-4701&_sacat=0

I have a set I just need to put them on.

• You should be able to replace the bolts one at a time so you do not have to remove the head or play with replacing the gasket. I spoke to DDM and they said that would be the easiest way.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html…s+pn%23+231-4701&_sacat=0

I have a set I just need to put them on.

DDM knows better than me, I am no mechanic. If they say it's doable, them do it :)

Just be careful it doesn't lure you to a false sense of security about the engine's strength. Pistons and rods will go before the bolts let the head lift I imho.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...