Slingshots in the Smokies 2017.May30th-Jun 4th.

• Over $2600.00 was raised at SSITS and handed over to Theresa the finance lady for The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.
    A vvery special thanks to Painter for presenting us with a gorgeous valve cover painted by him which raised $650.00 and to Slingshot Envy of Miami who handed down us the $1000.00 gift certificate he won in the Show&Shine.This was auctioned off for $550.oo.

Very glad to do it and will do even more for next year. It is a great cause and @DKF Texas is my hero for all she does for this cause.
    Ivor...... It was a great rally. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

• How much did Texas raise @ivor?

Keeping in mind we didn't have many big names except @Boomer, @Rob the Slob, @Bill Martin, and @DKF Texas... :whistling:

I'm not sure what you mean by big names...?
    I believe the raffle 50/50 was $600 for MW the winner $600 for PBTF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Very glad to do it and will do even more for next year. It is a great cause and @DKF Texas is my hero for all she does for this cause.
    Ivor...... It was a great rally. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

@Painter you my dear friend are an inspiration to me! I am working on acquiring those pieces we spoke about... Ivor you have raised your own bar! I am in awe of the great folks in this gang(especially the OG's)! Much love,
    dkf

• I'm not sure what you mean by big names...?
    I believe the raffle 50/50 was $600 for MW the winner $600 for PBTF

Oh just teasing because we didn't have a Painter item or Envy motoring, etc... MV gets a lot of attention and rightly so, but hoping Texas can step it up and provide for PBTF with the big dogs... :thumbsup:

So... Want to know what the total was for Texas to compare...

• Oh just teasing because we didn't have a Painter item or Envy motoring, etc... MV gets a lot of attention and rightly so, but hoping Texas can step it up and provide for PBTF with the big dogs... :thumbsup:

So... Want to know what the total was for Texas to compare...

I gave you the total. It's really all about PBTF. SSITS is the premier event as it was the 1st. Texas can surely grow in numbers but there will always only be one 1st! I can never express enough Thanks to all the folks at every event helping raise funds for this extremely important foundation! @Painter and DJ from Envy Motoring going the extra mile and to the 50/50 winner at SSITS for donating part of his winnings! All CLASS ACTS!!!

• In answer to the queries above.Texas raised $600.00 for the PBTF.In Maggie Valley we had the 2 items we auctioned plus the winner of the money donated $300.00 of his winnings back.That made an additional $1500.00.In other words like for like It was approx double in Maggie but 331 Slingshots physically attended against 105 approx in Texas.

• A little behind the times here - @mniron, the buttons are fantastic!! They have been well tested on the farm roads of Kansas and Nebraska. With all the time behind the wheel for thinking, several things came to mind and then went right out! One that stayed - of all the people at SSITS, I think I was most excited for @Shatneyman so he could meet so many and vice versa. Love the new sway bar. The tune up after the header and cold air intake were installed has brought back the engine rev - luckily only on start up. I am looking forward to SSITR!!

• This was the letter I sent home,......

Dear Mom and Dad,

This summer camp is terrible. It's sunny and dry all week. Not a single mud puddle to jump in and the counselors make us go outside to play. You said everything was on the fairgrounds but there wasn't a single fair ride. Some people here look like carnies, but I don't think they are. Like I said, not a single fair ride.

They make us stay in these big tents with a couple hundred other kids and it gets really stinky. They have big power making things that make a lot of noise, and they go real fast. Some of these kids are really strange - after riding in these thing, some walk funny,.. like they couldn't find a bathroom and they couldn't hold it anymore. Some giggle like a school girl, which by the way, they even let girls in the tents,...YUCK!!!

There are no bugs and spiders to play with, and there are so many kids here, the counselors split us up and moved some of us off the fairgrounds to play. It's hard to sleep with these funny looking things driving around.

I've asked to go home early, but they keep telling me no. I have to stay and be punished like they are. I wish you hadn't paid for this ugly camp. They move us around in these freaky things and keep asking if we're having fun.... Really,...if I was having fun, I wouldn't want to go home! Please call them and tell them to let me come home.

Little Shat. :thumbsup:

• @Shatneyman

Me thinks you spelled "Little Shat" wrong...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Awesome sauce!!!