Wrecking Crew / DMV owners roll call

• Young enough and wise enough to earn the full respect of this entire community my friend.I wish you were closer since I have not had the pleasure of riding with you.
    But we have shared morning coffee!

One of these days I will make it out to one of your events.... Has been on my list of to do's ...

• you guys are right! Let me look for a scenic place and a date, and i’ll let you guys know.

One of these days I'm going to do some riding out on the East Coast area. About a 1000 miles out --- little much for a day meet & greet … but you will get some of the guys who are a little closer.

• Hey crew! Craaaazy question for everyone...

I'm wondering if you, or someone you know in my region (MD, VA, DE), might be willing to lend (or lease, for a reasonable fee) a tow dolly or open trailer fit for hauling an SS. I'd prefer the lower drag but I would be willing to consider a closed trailer too; beggars can't be choosers.

I'm going to New England next week on vacation and would love to take the SS but the Mrs. is having reservations. Since colder temps have finally kicked in, she's likely to veto the SS as our primary mode of transport. :(

I know it's short notice but I'm available to pick it up any day/time between now and this Saturday (10/27) since we depart on Sunday.

Obviously, it's a big request, but ya never know if ya don't ask. I don't want to clog/hijack the thread with this, so please send any responses directly via PM. Thanks for your consideration and assistance! :)
    -J-

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Ask @Nemesis1701 to get the post he made about converiting a cheap U-Haul to trailer the SS. That will work in a pinch for sure!! :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Ask @Nemesis1701 to get the post he made about converiting a cheap U-Haul to trailer the SS. That will work in a pinch for sure!! :thumbup:

The instructions are on here somewhere along with pictures.

@ericastar76 & @FunCycle - Thanks for the info. I couldn't find a post with instructions but I did find one with a photo (linked) which should be enough to figure something out. Unfortunately, renting a U-Haul car carrier like the one @Nemesis1701 has pictured will run $450-500 for eight days. That's a little hard to justify when Megan is getting cold feet (pun intended) about riding in cooler weather. As of now, the forcast for next weeks is daytime temps averaging 55F and only four days of "ideal" weather. X/

Anyway, I agree that the U-Haul trailer is a viable option but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone else might be willing to help me save a few bucks with their own lease or lending arrangement. :D Thanks again!

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

Edited 3 times, last by Gadgeteer ().

• you’re welcome to use my enclosed trailer if you want

• you’re welcome to use my enclosed trailer if you want

You’re a superstar, amigo! :thumbsup: I will contact you directly to discuss further.

― Douglas Adams

• Sorry Folks for the commercial break..... Just spreading the news on the HUGE SALE http://www.rshotaccessories.com

Christmas items on the SPECIAL SALE

DAY 1. R-SHOT EZ-Out Drivers side handle; SALE Price: 129.00 Reg. 179.00 Over $50.00 SAVINGS!!!

DAY 2. R-SHOT Ride or Die foot rest SALE PRICE $99.00 Reg. 139.00 Over $39.00 SAVINGS!!!

Thanks,

:thumbsup:  NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM :thumbsup:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Been crazy times. Been a lousy year for slinging. Really lousy. I'm probably running gas I pumped in March. And, I am pretty sure I need a 2nd replacement on my %%&&*^**( angle drive.

Been busier than I can handle at work. Wish it paid accordingly...

Been spending time in Florida to tend to Mom and Dad. Dad is giving us a scare. Rotating visits with my siblings. Getting old is undesirable. Observing that in person is also undesirable. Internalizing that one day it will be my turn, messes with my head.

Andy Hatch . Seriously dude, I kinda sorta miss you too. Kinda sorta. Will poke you in the eye in the new year. I'll call to remind... And, lovely wife is asking about you. She is fond of you, for reasons I cannot explain. Women can be mysterious.

EjFord . Dude! Only Christmas card I have so far this year. Proudly displayed on my fireplace mantle. Happiness! You rock!

NNEVES57 , you have my phone #. Call me sometime. A serious crime we have not done a ride together. 20 minutes away if you are driving, 10 minutes away if I am driving. Let us atone for our crime.

MACAWS , call me sometime. I promise to answer this time. Let's setup an out of band encounter.

lrobbi , you need to call me dude. We are not done with my "project", but I need to get a progress update from you to move forward. Hugs, kisses, and sangria to your bride.