Wrecking Crew / DMV owners roll call

• has anyone bought wheels from RoaringToyz? if so did you have issues with them in any way?

I purchased my wheels from them and it said ship usually in 3 to 5 business days. I did this on may 20th. I was called a week later and was told that the tires would be on back order and to choose another set or wait. so I chose a different set. Waited 2 weeks more. finally got an email that the wheels were shipped. Got the UPS with the tracking number. and a delivery date of 13th of june. then a second email shows up saying that the shipment was being delayed until the 14th. but it had a different tracking number. so I go to the official UPS site and find that there is a 3rd tracking number from roaring toyz, meaning to me that each wheel has its own tracking number? so I should be getting 2 wheels today, and one tomorrow. just weird, but the first question being any issues? Not getting the wheel set I wanted, and second, taking 3 weeks instead of the 3 to 5 business days as stated on their website. that being said, I should ask for a discount eh? lol.

Yes, I bought mine from them... TOOK A WHILE (similar situation). But the quality was there and I'm glad I went with them. No issues with the rims or tires thus far! Hope this gives you a little comfort ~> I too was sweating it out for a while there! :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Discount - probably not. Not too many vendors will carry a lot of wheel/tire combinations in stock based on the shear number of size and styles. Backorders do happen and at least you were kept informed of the delays. Plus they suggested an option to choose another tire choice if time was an issue. I'd say they did a good job in a bad situation. Too bad for the delays though. I want what I want when I want it too, so fully understand.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• yes especially when you are talking about 2K. but I got 2 of them yesterday and the third is supposed to show up today. when it does, I am putting them on right away and will post before and after pics. I am super stoked. the rims I initially wanted was 1599 plus 200 shipping bringing it to 1799 and the tires they gave me were 1799 with another 200 shipping for the original cost. so I got 200 off due to the delay and the fact they already took the money out of my account lol. so that is awesome. The new set was supposed to be 22 all around, but they ended up resizing it to the original size. I got the new design at 20" front and 22" rear instead of 22 all around.

• ok so I have a little bit of a problem. I have been doing all kinds of research and the wiring is a bit of a problem for me. I need to install my air horn and they wiring they sent me doesn't match anything with the slingshot. I am not that great at doing the wiring and what is necessary to actually get it installed right. Is there anyone here near Lorton virginia that can assist with getting this thing put in right? I will pay but just don't have the know how to do it myself confidently. I will do it alone if I have to but would rather ask for assistance first.

• ok so I have a little bit of a problem. I have been doing all kinds of research and the wiring is a bit of a problem for me. I need to install my air horn and they wiring they sent me doesn't match anything with the slingshot. I am not that great at doing the wiring and what is necessary to actually get it installed right. Is there anyone here near Lorton virginia that can assist with getting this thing put in right? I will pay but just don't have the know how to do it myself confidently. I will do it alone if I have to but would rather ask for assistance first.

Attention @V-SHOT ????

• Attention @V-SHOT ????

@Hernandeves5,

I'm in Laurel, MD, about an hour north of Lorton, in light traffic. If you don't hear from anyone closer, I'd be happy to help you out - no charge. As an alternative, if you can send me an image (scan or pic, via private message) of the installation instructions, I could probably mark what goes where and send it back to you. Let me know! :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• I will try and get you a pic as soon as I can. but the instructions that I have don't match the wiring diagram and the harness doesn't match the hardware. the "Y" portion of the cable wont hook up to the old horn and new horn at the same time. its connectors are different and its like I might have to fabricate connectors. just strange. I made a braided cord for a hot and ground to run to the battery but cant quite get the horn situation straight lol. its just weird.

• I will try and get you a pic as soon as I can. but the instructions that I have don't match the wiring diagram and the harness doesn't match the hardware. the "Y" portion of the cable wont hook up to the old horn and new horn at the same time. its connectors are different and its like I might have to fabricate connectors. just strange. I made a braided cord for a hot and ground to run to the battery but cant quite get the horn situation straight lol. its just weird.

Unless it was made specifically for the SS, I wouldn't expect connectors to mate up. I am curious; does the Y cable split the new power circuit between the horn and a compressor or is it splitting the switch circuit between the existing and new horns (combining them)?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• it is supposed to go between the two horns connecting them. the compressor and horn is all one piece.

Ok. Well, as the old saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words," so I'll send you a PM and we'll figure it out. :thumbup:

― Douglas Adams

• so has anyone got the low down on which turbo system is the best to get? and then who to install it? lol

All I can say is I am extremely pleased with the new DDM Turbo
    I have had both the Hahn and DDM both are very good systems but my personal preference is the DDM set up.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• DDM does installs and since they're located in SC, they can't be too far away from you to not have them do the install (if you're not going to do it yourself). Why pay more to someone who syas they think they can install it and have issues like someone else who paid a company to drill the block drop the oil pan and found out later that they only partially drilled the hole for the oil return and flushed the oil and didn't drop the pan. He was charged $500 and if I'm not mistaken, the turbo guys have been doing the installs for close to the same price

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I will look that up. did you install it or take it somewhere to get installed. if you did it yourself, how difficult was it?

As everyone knows I'll pretty much "modless" --- but probably the VERY BEST place to get a Turbo installed would be at the DDM shop.... I don't have one and never will, but if your installing that type of equipment you want the very best installers who will stand behind their equipment.