Wrecking Crew / DMV owners roll call

• Wide on the rear - better for traction

That all depends on the tire, though. Keep in mind that a wider tire is spreading the same minimal rear weight (600#) over a wider contact patch, therefore lessening the downward force per square inch.

Now, if the wider tire is a better tire than what you had in the narrower size, that may mitigate the loss of downward force.

Also, wider tires may have a better chance of hydroplaning, depending on the tread.

• That all depends on the tire, though. Keep in mind that a wider tire is spreading the same minimal rear weight (600#) over a wider contact patch, therefore lessening the downward force per square inch.
    Now, if the wider tire is a better tire than what you had in the narrower size, that may mitigate the loss of downward force.

Also, wider tires may have a better chance of hydroplaning, depending on the tread.

?(:huh::/X/:thumbsup::whistling:

• I HAVE A QUESTION lol, Has anyone, after washing the toy, started having issues with it/ I am thinking I got water somehow all over the battery and it might be shorting something, but for some reason I washed it last night, now the radio will shut off for no reason, the radio will all of a sudden start to display that it is in reverse even though I am DRIVING it, and the backup camera will say NO CONNECTION. cant figure this shit out. I am hoping that the sun today will dry the damn thing out and it will act normal, but now I need to find out what wire is bare or exposed, that is of course if this is really the problem.

• I use a pressure washer for cleaning and even use it on certain areas of the engine bay. Always wash your SS with a cold engine and use a leaf blower to dry everything under the hood. No issues thus far...

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Leaf blower works but I found this little jewel several years back and can’t recommend it enough. Small - light weight one hand held - easy to get in small places ... definitely worth the cost

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• well I washed it Friday and waxed it. looked great, no issues, but washed it yesterday because of all the pollen and other crud on it and I heard the water going between the gas cap and the tubing beside it and gurgling and I sprayed out the inside, seats and tunnel and dashboard. and this morning the dang thing is acting up like a spoiled kid thrown into a cold lake. of course I have not used the leaf blower to dry it off, I guess I should do that next time, but I don't wash under the hood. at least not yet.

• Pfft. You won't have those problems if you NEVER wash your sling. Works for me.

Find time to WASH it, you could instead RIDE it. Silly folks around here.

Off to ride mine,

-e

Mine stays clean, but has never had a water hose on it. Except when @Ruptured Duck put his pressure washer to it to get rid of the Georgia clay. Quick Detail and Speed Wax and the hand wax about every 4 months.

• Pfft. You won't have those problems if you NEVER wash your sling. Works for me.

Mine stays clean, but has never had a water hose on it. Except when @Ruptured Duck put his pressure washer to it to get rid of the Georgia clay. Quick Detail and Speed Wax and the hand wax about every 4 months.

Mine had a few times water on it, it is called rain (for many hours) :00000450::00008356::00008359:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Leaf blower works but I found this little jewel several years back and can’t recommend it enough. Small - light weight one hand held - easy to get in small places ... definitely worth the cost

Bill I have one like that. Got it to blow out my computer every so often. Cheaper than air In a can. Now use it mostly on the Sling.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

Your sling always looks better than new. Go ahead, rub my nose in it. You ride hard like I do, but mine always looks filthy.

What was that magic stuff you gave us last time we met? It worked great, but bride and I forgot what it was.

• Your sling always looks better than new. Go ahead, rub my nose in it. You ride hard like I do, but mine always looks filthy.
    What was that magic stuff you gave us last time we met? It worked great, but bride and I forgot what it was.

That was the Lucas Tire and Wheel, also tell her to get the Lucas Quick Wax it will also make it easy on her.

• NEW QUESTION: MAYBE LOL

I have been looking at the new rims, talked to @ericastar76 a couple of times about it, underground autostyling has a set of rims specifically made for the slingshot and the offsets that they are quoting is way off, this is from them:

We do these all the time no issue with offset or alignment, the rear is centered and not off. Front offset 20'' is 32 and rear offset 22'' is 42.

thoughts? good, bad, indifferent . . . . .