Wrecking Crew / DMV owners roll call

• Yes... but not much. I have enough travel for any sharp/high speed turn I encounter (but after seeing Mitch's new suspension from DDM ~> I may put mine up for sale). The dampening on his coils are BEAST!
    @MACAWS

How much is not much? I just picked up my second stock rear 20" wheel, and with the 315 Nitto on the back (which sits high already) and the 20s on the front (when I get there), I think the machine will sit up to an inch higher than stock. How much did you drop yours down?

• ha ha ha, well my family does carpentry for a living and I know what a kitchen runs, minimum $10K and I am not allowed to drop that kind of money on beastboy. so I guess I am running dry on both fronts lol. by the way, what is mitch running for suspension?

• How much is not much? I just picked up my second stock rear 20" wheel, and with the 315 Nitto on the back (which sits high already) and the 20s on the front (when I get there), I think the machine will sit up to an inch higher than stock. How much did you drop yours down?

Don't know how much yet... but when I pull them, I'll let you know. :thumbup:

Here is a side by side for comparison on the ride height.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Doesn't look like much difference on the ground clearance, so looks like you dropped just enough to account for the new wheels. I'm thinking an inch, max.

You need to check tire circumference - needs to be close to the same to avoid setting off codes - Bigger rim -most times will just give you shorter sidewall

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I found these but it is still 1800 and the tires are 69 each if you go to discount tire so that means they are charging 1700 for just the rims. is this a deal?

you can get almost any rim you want at any wheel and rim website. Just remember the lug pattern is 5x114.3 and the offsets are 42mm in the front and 45mm in the rear. Keeping that info in mine, you can search for any type anywhere, even Amazon.

• so the next question that I have for you would be this, is it best to keep the offset? such as now it has 17 front 18 rear, and SL model has 18 front 20 rear, and I saw one person has 20 front 22 rear? or is 20 all around ok to stick with? the next thing that I am trying to find out, my 17s in the front are 17x7 and 18x9.5. but all of the 20s that I have found so far are more like 10.5s that is too wide for the front isn't it? I need to go with 20x?????

• so the next question that I have for you would be this, is it best to keep the offset? such as now it has 17 front 18 rear, and SL model has 18 front 20 rear, and I saw one person has 20 front 22 rear? or is 20 all around ok to stick with? the next thing that I am trying to find out, my 17s in the front are 17x7 and 18x9.5. but all of the 20s that I have found so far are more like 10.5s that is too wide for the front isn't it? I need to go with 20x?????

If you're changing rim size I will need to have Polaris change it in the computer. In 2015 mine came from the factory as a base , but with SL rims on it. It was never reflashed and I had lights come on because of it. My dealer fixed it in 2 minutes. I don't know anything about going to the same front and rear or going over the SL sizes. Changing the offset may make the wheels stick out farther or make the rear off center. I'll leave that to the pros on here. Good luck

• cool, I think I want to jump to 20's on all three, seeing as how the specs allow for the fit. but if the 20's have an 8.5 as the smallest vs the 17x7 stock, will I have to put on spacers or anything like that to allow room for the calipers or anything?

• cool, I think I want to jump to 20's on all three, seeing as how the specs allow for the fit. but if the 20's have an 8.5 as the smallest vs the 17x7 stock, will I have to put on spacers or anything like that to allow room for the calipers or anything?

do some research with the style you picked out. You may need to change the offset so it will be a little wider. just remember the width if your trailering, it might not fit

• so far I cant find anything I am interested in. the majority of the 20" rims I found that I like only have a 35MM offset which wont work and the most that anyone can machine is 3MM so its a no go for those. I will push forward and march along lol. nose to the grindstone as they say

• so far I cant find anything I am interested in. the majority of the 20" rims I found that I like only have a 35MM offset which wont work and the most that anyone can machine is 3MM so its a no go for those. I will push forward and march along lol. nose to the grindstone as they say

have fun with it, don't turn it into work. I just did a yahoo search,.. 20x10 5x114.3 45mm rims and came up with a bunch. Then change the width and offset for the front to match

• Wide on the rear - better for traction
    More narrow on the front - easier turning/better handling

I found a wheel that is 20x8 5x114.3 still checking on the offset but the look is awesome. So I am looking at that for the front and then 20x10.5 for the rear. Now to determine which tire to put on those rims.