Wrecking Crew / DMV owners roll call

• Awesome. Wifey and I had to make an unexpected trip up for family business. Not enough time to set up anything this weekend. But when we actually have a planned trip to this area again, I'll reach out to you guys for a meet and greet dinner on me.

That means drinks are on me.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• @V-SHOT, @WraithSS, I urge caution.

Always great for slings to swarm. I am a big fan of that. Never met a sling owner that I didn't like, surprising for an old curmudgeon like me. Good people one and all. But, there might be a dozen slings or more within 60 minutes of Lakeridge. And slings have passenger seats. Promises of free food, free drinks, and a free second round you may come to regret.

I will follow this, and may just pop in to say hi. 20 minutes or so for me and the elusive missus.

• @V-SHOT, @WraithSS, I urge caution.

Always great for slings to swarm. I am a big fan of that. Never met a sling owner that I didn't like, surprising for an old curmudgeon like me. Good people one and all. But, there might be a dozen slings or more within 60 minutes of Lakeridge. And slings have passenger seats. Promises of free food, free drinks, and a free second round you may come to regret.

I will follow this, and may just pop in to say hi. 20 minutes or so for me and the elusive missus.

The more, the merry'r....or something like that. High time for the "Wrecking Crew" got together, anyway!!! I'll go ahead and apply for the food and beverage loan!!! My credentials are still good! Let's make this happen! :thumbsup:

• Dude on the dark side. I think Dan317 or similar. 58 west from Galax to 81 is serious sling territory. Amazing fun. I'm ready to move, wife less so. If I could learn that road, I would be needing new tires once a month.

I live in Abingdon and work in Marion. Nothing but great riding in my area. Dozens of trails that rival the Tail of the Dragon. Just picked up my Sling about 3 weeks ago.

• Abingdon? @Gadgeteer and I were there a few weeks ago. Exit 19 to 58 east and the Jefferson national forest. Tail of the tornado in my book. Completely unexpected. Completely delightful sling turf. We had a blast.

Welcome, and for better or worse, I predict crashing on your couch the day before a serious ride. 6 hours for me, but completely worth it. I want to learn that road. I will be back. Once we got in the zone (it is very challenging) our tires cried and cried and cried. Pure happiness.

I will add you to the first post here shortly.

• Lovely wife just got back from a few days at Virginia Beach with a friend. She and her friend are Russophones, and report many, many Russophones in town. They actually met some young students from their home town. Made them happy. Good news for me. Happy wife is priceless.

They also report an orange sling on Atlantic Avenue on Sunday. Perhaps up near 9th street. Couples. If they are not here, we need to find them. If they are here, I am instructed to say "Hi, nice looking sling".

"Hi, nice looking sling". I am obedient, and have complied.

• And still looking for that green sparkle sling I saw east of Manassas. It looked really cool. Who was that? Somebody must know.

Rode up to Northern VA this past weekend, and passed one of those "Fast Red" Slings going in the opposite direction on Route 1 around Stafford. Sound off if that was you.

• Fast red? No. They just seem fast because they are always racing back to the dealer hoping to get their radio fixed. Do have some data that the blue ones can keep up ( Gadgeteer), but reds, no.

Correction: there is unassailable anecdotal data that the blue ones routinely blow the doors off the other colors.

Turns out, the sparkles in the blue fire paint are microscopic particles of the paint jobs that come flaking off the mediocre fast red and titanium ones in the wake of the low pressure vortex that follows directly behind the taillights of the blue ones. Kind of like how redheads get a freckle for every soul they steal....but way, way faster.

• Rode up to Northern VA this past weekend, and passed one of those "Fast Red" Slings going in the opposite direction on Route 1 around Stafford. Sound off if that was you.

Really? LOL I rode to Yorktown / Newport News last Saturday with my gurl. Damn we gotta coordinate better!

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• Correction: there is unassailable anecdotal data that the blue ones routinely blow the doors off the other colors.
    Turns out, the sparkles in the blue fire paint are microscopic particles of the paint jobs that come flaking off the mediocre fast red and titanium ones in the wake of the low pressure vortex that follows directly behind the taillights of the blue ones. Kind of like how redheads get a freckle for every soul they steal....but way, way faster.

Easy there dude. I like the blue a lot. They look great. But take it easy on the Titaniums. Didn't see any blue ones at track day.

Reds, however, are fair game. Every time I see one, I imagine "Mary Kay" stenciled on the sides.

Cheers,

-e

• hi folks, hope everyone is well, healthy and happy ! just a reminder for the meet and greet we are doing at village motorsports on July 16. i was thinking about where we would ride: from the dealership west on 20 to orange then 15 south to gordonsville then 33 west to 231 which is a great rode through somerset then some back roads to trump winery. i thought we could stop there , beautiful view of the vineyards and for those that want to they can get some wine. the road there is super fun !!!from there there are lots of great roads if folks want to get some more driving in. we open at 830 will be leaving at around 130. we will have some food and refreshments available. if you can let me know if you will make it so we can have a idea of how much food we need to have. look forward to seeing and driving with the crew !

• Can't make it myself, anniversary plans. Don't want to see any of you folks.

But, note to all. If Dharma dude says it is a super fun ride, hang on to your hat. He won't disappoint. I have ridden with him before. Freakin' outstanding fun.

@dharmab , see you tomorrow morning. Should be three of us. Will be great to see you again, and to inquire as to why your avatar is a blue sling...