Just my luck....

• Well, I was supposed to be going to pick up my new slingshot this weekend. (Been saving up to pay cash for it and all of the add-ons I have planned.)
    Well, looks like that's going to have to wait a while.
    I found our about an hour ago that I have to have surgery on my right arm. (Shifting arm).
    I have a torn tendon in my elbow and a pinched ulnar nerve.
    Looks like I won't be doing any shifting for a few months.
    There's no way I can buy it and just not be able to drive it or mod it.
    Hopefully all goes well and I'll be ready sooner rather than later.

• Sorry to hear this...I know your looking forward to having your SS. After recover your shifting arm will be double time ready for some serious shifts... first mode...SHORT Throw shifter - just to give that elbow some relief my friend. :thumbsup: Keep us posted on your recovery. I hope its not longer than a month.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Sorry to hear this...I know your looking forward to having your SS. After recover your shifting arm will be double time ready for some serious shifts... first mode...SHORT Throw shifter - just to give that elbow some relief my friend. :thumbsup: Keep us posted on your recovery. I hope its not longer than a month.

Thanks. The worst part is, I've already bought a bunch of parts already. Now I just get to stare at them for a while. Already bought a short throw shifter, primer and paint for the paint job, sound system parts, leds, etc.
    I'm going to box them all up and put them in a closet so I don't have to look at them.

• That really sucks! Good luck and I wish you a full and speedy recovery!!

• Thanks. The worst part is, I've already bought a bunch of parts already. Now I just get to stare at them for a while. Already bought a short throw shifter, primer and paint for the paint job, sound system parts, leds, etc.I'm going to box them all up and put them in a closet so I don't have to look at them.

That's the worst! But all will be well... You have everyone's best wishes here...

In the meantime... Don't be so mean to those mods... Send them my way! 8o

• Phew! Sorry to hear that. Will definitely be tough looking at parts but it will give you the motivation to do all the pt involved in your healing. I pray for your rapid recovery so you can pickup and enjoy your ride.

• I hope this wasn't caused by excessive viewing of our NSFW threads... :D

J/K!!! Sorry to hear about this but good things come to good people. It's only a (unfortunate) delay but you'll be Slingin' before you know it! Hang in there & recover quickly! Do your PT faithfully & that will be a big help. We are rooting for ya'!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Sorry to hear about your elbow issues and wish you a speedy recovery. Just a thought but If there was an automatic Slingshot available would you buy it?

Honestly, If it only came in auto, I probably would never buy one. I'm an old drag racer.
    I love banging through the gears. (insert @Tripod smart@ss comment here)
    That's just a personal preference.

• I hope this wasn't caused by excessive viewing of our NSFW threads... :D
    J/K!!! Sorry to hear about this but good things come to good people. It's only a (unfortunate) delay but you'll be Slingin' before you know it! Hang in there & recover quickly! Do your PT faithfully & that will be a big help. We are rooting for ya'!

nope! I'm left handed. All is still well! :D

• Thank you all for your thoughts.I go to talk to the surgeon tomorrow. I'll have a better timeline tomorrow on expected recovery.
    I'll still be here. You guys aren't getting rid of me that easily.
    knowing me, I'll probably have a stockpile of parts waiting by the time I get it.

Honestly, the worst part is not being able to finish the R&D I've been doing on a product I've been working on with a friend. I think it's something that we could really use.
    All that's left is to develop the mounting bracket, but can't do that without a vehicle. So, that's on hold now too. ;(

• Excuse my language but .... "Shit" ...

Sorry dude. Tell you what, go ahead and buy it. I'll drive it for you until you have healed. I'll take care of the first two oil changes and might even buy you a new tire for the rear before I hand it back over.
    This way i can make sure there are no issues with it before you take over. It will also insure i get to keep riding until mine is out of the shop.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• Excuse my language but .... "Shit" ...

Sorry dude. Tell you what, go ahead and buy it. I drive it for you until you have healed. I'll take care of the first two oil changes and might even buy you a new tire for the rear before I hand it back over.
    This way i can make sure there are no issues with it before you take over. It will also insure i get to keep riding until mine is out of the shop.

Thank you! Your generosity knows no bounds! :D
    Actually, I was going to talk you you about possibly meeting up the next time I was in ATL. Maybe you could help me plan a mount for my little project. Should be really simple.
    I'll bring plenty of :00000436:

• Joker

Why not get the SS and let some of us set up a wrench day to get all your mods installed.
    This way once you are healed up you can just ride like the wind

I truly appreciate that offer. I will buy it before I'm able to drive it. I just want to have the surgery first, just in case something goes wrong. Should all go pretty smoothly, but, you never know.
    One thing I love about this Slingshot community is the willingness to help others. I've been a Jeep guy for years and it's the same way. That's one of the things that drew me in. I thought the Slingshot was cool the first time I saw pictures of it. Then, I started lurking on the forums. I noticed 2 things. First, people wanted to customize them from the beginning. (I've been doing that to Jeeps for years.)
    Second, people were always willing to answer questions, give feedback, offer to help with installs and instructions.
    To an extent, Jeepers do the same thing, but nowhere near to the extent that you gentlemen and ladies go to.
    What really hooked me was when I saw a post from someone who was having a problem,(I don't remember exactly what it was) and saw several people respond. A couple of the responses were something to the affect of "I'm only 2 hours away, I can come help". To drive 2 hours just to help someone you have never met in person says a lot about this community. That night, I told my wife that we needed to get one. She said, lets make it happen.
    I look forward to riding with and meeting you all soon.

• Thought you guys might like some of my previous toys.

My newest.It had the Wounded Warrion Logo on the hood. (I do a lot of fundraisers for veterans organizations)

My first. I had this this one for almost 20 years

My favorite I've ever had. I wish I had never let her go.

This one isn't mine, but I've had several of these.

• I truly appreciate that offer. I will buy it before I'm able to drive it. I just want to have the surgery first, just in case something goes wrong. Should all go pretty smoothly, but, you never know.One thing I love about this Slingshot community is the willingness to help others. I've been a Jeep guy for years and it's the same way. That's one of the things that drew me in. I thought the Slingshot was cool the first time I saw pictures of it. Then, I started lurking on the forums. I noticed 2 things. First, people wanted to customize them from the beginning. (I've been doing that to Jeeps for years.)
    Second, people were always willing to answer questions, give feedback, offer to help with installs and instructions.
    To an extent, Jeepers do the same thing, but nowhere near to the extent that you gentlemen and ladies go to.
    What really hooked me was when I saw a post from someone who was having a problem,(I don't remember exactly what it was) and saw several people respond. A couple of the responses were something to the affect of "I'm only 2 hours away, I can come help". To drive 2 hours just to help someone you have never met in person says a lot about this community. That night, I told my wife that we needed to get one. She said, lets make it happen.
    I look forward to riding with and meeting you all soon.

I hope all goes well and you heal fast . I can certainly offer my shop to assist for a wrench day.your Jeep pics have got the Duck all excited . He has a Great looking Jeep that I saw in MV but the all Illusive Duck escaped .lift points.pdf