• You're going to get an earful. The original bags had double latches and minimal issues. They swapped out to a single latch that most folks had problems with them popping open. There's a shim fix. That said, there's also been some minor aesthetic type issues. Corbin is not the most customer oriented company. I have them and am quite happy with mine, they look great and have functioned perfectly. They were great on long trip to MV and back. I saw dozens of Slings at Maggie with them, some of the owners had minor grips but most were pleased with look and function. I'd suggest that if you buy, you do so through a reputable dealer (not Corbin directly) as 1) you'll probably get a better price 2) you'll have another layer to help with any issues.

• Thank you for the excellent response
    I am working with the best dealer
    And Noel Hughes at Cycle Springs
    Did they go back to double latch
    One thing you said concerns me
    I have little patience with companies that are not company focused

• Corbin has a written no returns, no refunds, no exceptions policy ... how does that sit with your definition of "customer focused" ...... :whistling:

Poorly to say the least. When I feel up to it I've gotta pull the driver's side bag and see about bending/modding some of the parts to shoot for a better fit.

• We got a set of Corbin bags and first of all they are overpriced but they look good got them installed and on the way home had to put elastic bands on them to keep it locked However that was a easy fix a few washers and it stays shut. But for the money they cost they should be better They look awesome. Thanks Noel

• I like mine after major issues with quality. I had a body shop install them...well worth the $250 charged to do it. Good fit and no issues with the doors...yet. Get them through a dealer rather than direct from Corbin.

Wrong color shipped twice!

• Talked to a LOT of people who have them, most talked about how they liked the looks but most are also having to rework them or use elastic bands etc. This should NOT be for $3333. Evidently others agree as I heard at least one vendor will no longer be selling them. We went with a RIVCO hitch and a Craigslist cargo trailer and have more room for $2233 less!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• I too opted out of the Corbin route. Mostly because of their lack of/crappy customer support. I'd already had an issue with a touring seat I'd bought a year ago for one of my bikes. Did not want the hassle again. They are nice looking though, but I too opted for just towing my Bushtec when I need extra room. I liked @RichArlt design and was fortunate to be involved with the Beta on his hitch. Not sure where @Noel Hughes is on shipping these, but it gives me the option of towing my trailer or just putting a smaller hitch type luggage carrier on it as well.

• I too opted out of the Corbin route. Mostly because of their lack of/crappy customer support. I'd already had an issue with a touring seat I'd bought a year ago for one of my bikes. Did not want the hassle again. They are nice looking though, but I too opted for just towing my Bushtec when I need extra room. I liked @RichArlt design and was fortunate to be involved with the Beta on his hitch. Not sure where @Noel Hughes is on shipping these, but it gives me the option of towing my trailer or just putting a smaller hitch type luggage carrier on it as well.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• was excited to see a product that seemed to finish out the lacking rearend, however after hearing horror story after horror story... husband and I thankfully did not purchase. very very few of the members actually were pleased with corbin out of the box , and even fewer after the install. it is an excellent idea, with not much carried out in the end except an incredulous price tag.

What have you done to make the back look better is a good thread for ideas if its the back end that bothers you... if its just for storage purposes, there are PLENTY of ideas to solve that. use the search function as we have all had to solve the issue of no storage.

or you could go with the EVOLUTION BODY KIT (there are 6 stages/ purchases to the full kit)
    this is @KZ1s full evolution kit with storage compartments on each side that are much bigger than the corbins and from what I have heard, have not had any issues with quality.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited 2 times, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• if the poster was looking for storage or a way to finish out the rear end.... then the options are listed above to do just that. I seen KZ1s at SSITS and it looks awesome, and has plenty of storage... seen lots of corbin bags too.... seen the issues some were still having. just because I don't like brussel sprouts doesnt mean everybody else doesnt... so I put them on the table, so to speak :rolleyes:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Just so the forum knows, Corbin is now using yet another bag latching mechanism. Here's the info from their website. They say it's due to a "supply problem" but we all know better... :rolleyes:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Feedback before I get tempted... Don't know what, if anything, will be my big purchase... $3-5K for Corbin bags, the Welter Performance Dual Exhaust, or an Alpha Turbo...

?(

All have benefits and concerns.... For example, the Turbo might literally kill me... "With great power, comes great responsibility" (of which I, or my heavy foot, have none of...)

• The "bags" are still the best choice for both looks and function pricewise. The back of the Sling is so unfinished that looks alone make them worthwhile let alone the fact that they are really useful on trips. Suggestions:
    1) buy from a reputable dealer like Cycle Springs or Slingmods that will help with any issues
    2) decide on an exhaust, combine it with the bags, and call both asking for best price

• The "bags" are still the best choice for both looks and function pricewise. The back of the Sling is so unfinished that looks alone make them worthwhile let alone the fact that they are really useful on trips. Suggestions:
    1) buy from a reputable dealer like Cycle Springs or Slingmods that will help with any issues
    2) decide on an exhaust, combine it with the bags, and call both asking for best price

Yup... It's because of the rear end I'm always thinking of... Don't tell my wife! :P

The only thing is, the Welter won't work with the Corbin bags (at least I don't believe so)...

Not sure which fenders or rear end the Welter would work with...