Crazy videos from the web!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So class, what have we learned?

Parasitic drain!

Depending on the size of your battery, you could walk out to a "no start" condition in as little as a week.

Good idea to spend a little money for a smart battery tender designed for the type of battery you have installed.

Leaves you scratching your head as to why all your other vehicles don't suffer the same way.
      Let me stop everything and Work on Your Problem!
    • airoutlaw wrote:

So class, what have we learned?

Parasitic drain!

Depending on the size of your battery, you could walk out to a "no start" condition in as little as a week.

Good idea to spend a little money for a smart battery tender designed for the type of battery you have installed.

Leaves you scratching your head as to why all your other vehicles don't suffer the same way.
      I have never had a battery go dead in a week sitting in the garage, even before I bought the Maint. chargers. Even with the old cars I woould hit them with the charger about every 6 to 8 weeks.
    • Never is a lonnnnnnng time...

But, once happens too often.

Odd that in the video he stated a battery could drop below starting charge in as little as two weeks.

And because it has happened to me on two occassions, both small stock and Optima batteries, my Slingshot gets put on a battery tender if it has sat for four days.
      Cause life happens and a while may pass before I get an opportunity to ride again.
    • airoutlaw wrote:

Never is a lonnnnnnng time...

But, once happens too often.

Odd that in the video he stated a battery could drop below starting charge in as little as two weeks.

And because it has happened to me on two occassions, both small stock and Optima batteries, my Slingshot gets put on a battery tender if it has sat for four days.
      Cause life happens and a while may pass before I get an opportunity to ride again.
      Motorcycles since 1964, Old cars sitting around since about 1989 Now a lawn mower that would be a little different.
    • The A-10 has long been my favorite military aircraft of all time.
      This article from Popular Mechanics includes a link to a YouTube video. These guys built an A-10 RC model for less than $50 for the airframe based on plans developed by a High School student. Really interesting. Their future plans include integrating an AirSoft "cannon" into the airframe!

Watch a Dirt-Cheap A-10 Warthog Model Take Flight

Under FAA Rules, Rule 336 protects the RC Hobby by making it easy for RC hobbyists to fly their model airplanes. Unfortunately, commercial interests who want to be able to use drones to fly just about anyplace to make deliveries feel RC hobbyists and their model airplanes pose a threat to their total use of the airspace and want Rule 336 repealed or at a minimum, heavily regulated to force RC hobbyists to only use designated areas for flying their models, possibly eliminating, for example, the use of the local schoolyard as a convenient place to enjoy a fun hobby. More info on Rule 336 can be found here, along with links to make your voice/support heard re Rule 336 - Rule 336 - Take Action to Secure RC Flying | Flite Test.
    • Better idea! Rather than instigate new rules/laws for drone pilots, how bout making hobbyist drone pilots conform to the rules for the RC hobbyist.

Must fly within line of sight, insurance, and no flights inside of restricted spaces. Oh, and take away the ability to fly drones out to five mile ranges or as high as a drone can physically climb.

Make laws for commercial drone use.

Why imply restrictions on previous hobbyists due to technology advances.
    • airoutlaw wrote:

Better idea! Rather than instigate new rules/laws for drone pilots, how bout making hobbyist drone pilots conform to the rules for the RC hobbyist.

Must fly within line of sight, insurance, and no flights inside of restricted spaces. Oh, and take away the ability to fly drones out to five mile ranges or as high as a drone can physically climb.

Make laws for commercial drone use.

Why imply restrictions on previous hobbyists due to technology advances.
      I pretty much agree, but certain groups will be shouting from the rooftops that such limits would be anti-business, restricting innovation and stifling America! I'm sure the drone delivery advocates will want pet dogs outlawed as soon as a dog gets too aggressive during a delivery. :D
      As far as drones go, if you fly over my property and anywhere near my windows, I should have the right to shoot you down. A peeping tom is a peeping tom whether outside a bedroom window or using a telephoto lens from down the block. An extreme case, but extremes are where the legal limits get established.

The post was edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.