Crazy videos from the web!

• So class, what have we learned?

Parasitic drain!

Depending on the size of your battery, you could walk out to a "no start" condition in as little as a week.

Good idea to spend a little money for a smart battery tender designed for the type of battery you have installed.

Leaves you scratching your head as to why all your other vehicles don't suffer the same way.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I have never had a battery go dead in a week sitting in the garage, even before I bought the Maint. chargers. Even with the old cars I woould hit them with the charger about every 6 to 8 weeks.

• Never is a lonnnnnnng time...

But, once happens too often.

Odd that in the video he stated a battery could drop below starting charge in as little as two weeks.

And because it has happened to me on two occassions, both small stock and Optima batteries, my Slingshot gets put on a battery tender if it has sat for four days.
    Cause life happens and a while may pass before I get an opportunity to ride again.

• Motorcycles since 1964, Old cars sitting around since about 1989 Now a lawn mower that would be a little different.

• The A-10 has long been my favorite military aircraft of all time.
    This article from Popular Mechanics includes a link to a YouTube video. These guys built an A-10 RC model for less than $50 for the airframe based on plans developed by a High School student. Really interesting. Their future plans include integrating an AirSoft "cannon" into the airframe!

Watch a Dirt-Cheap A-10 Warthog Model Take Flight

Under FAA Rules, Rule 336 protects the RC Hobby by making it easy for RC hobbyists to fly their model airplanes. Unfortunately, commercial interests who want to be able to use drones to fly just about anyplace to make deliveries feel RC hobbyists and their model airplanes pose a threat to their total use of the airspace and want Rule 336 repealed or at a minimum, heavily regulated to force RC hobbyists to only use designated areas for flying their models, possibly eliminating, for example, the use of the local schoolyard as a convenient place to enjoy a fun hobby. More info on Rule 336 can be found here, along with links to make your voice/support heard re Rule 336 - Rule 336 - Take Action to Secure RC Flying | Flite Test.

• Better idea! Rather than instigate new rules/laws for drone pilots, how bout making hobbyist drone pilots conform to the rules for the RC hobbyist.

Must fly within line of sight, insurance, and no flights inside of restricted spaces. Oh, and take away the ability to fly drones out to five mile ranges or as high as a drone can physically climb.

Make laws for commercial drone use.

Why imply restrictions on previous hobbyists due to technology advances.

• I pretty much agree, but certain groups will be shouting from the rooftops that such limits would be anti-business, restricting innovation and stifling America! I'm sure the drone delivery advocates will want pet dogs outlawed as soon as a dog gets too aggressive during a delivery. :D
    As far as drones go, if you fly over my property and anywhere near my windows, I should have the right to shoot you down. A peeping tom is a peeping tom whether outside a bedroom window or using a telephoto lens from down the block. An extreme case, but extremes are where the legal limits get established.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• Jalopnik article (with video) claims using 3 sets of Nitto 555 G2 tires drifting one 12.9 mile lap of the Nuerburgring is the equivalent of 90,000 miles of regular road use -
    vaughn-gittin-jrs-900-hp-ford-mustang-chewed-through-th-1829467791.
    I also came across an article about an RC SR-71, so I searched YouTube - RC SR-71 - YouTube.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• Jalopnik article (with video) claims using 3 sets of Nitto 555 G2 tires drifting one 12.9 mile lap of the Nuerburgring is the equivalent of 90,000 miles of regular road use -
    vaughn-gittin-jrs-900-hp-ford-mustang-chewed-through-th-1829467791.

Equivalent to 90,000 miles on the tires or 30,000 each set while drifting gives me hope that I may get more than 10,000 out of mine! :thumbsup: That makes me happy. :D

• Equivalent to 90,000 miles on the tires or 30,000 each set while drifting gives me hope that I may get more than 10,000 out of mine! :thumbsup: That makes me happy. :D

Assuming the Nitto 555 G2 might be good for 30,000 miles in normal 4-wheel would seem to translate to around 15,000 miles when used in a non-rotated application such as our Slingshots. Allowing for some additional wear due to the stresses placed on our rear tire, I hope to get at least 11,000 miles from my 555 G2 315/35ZR17 tire, hopefully more.

• Assuming the Nitto 555 G2 might be good for 30,000 miles in normal 4-wheel would seem to translate to around 15,000 miles when used in a non-rotated application such as our Slingshots. Allowing for some additional wear due to the stresses placed on our rear tire, I hope to get at least 11,000 miles from my 555 G2 315/35ZR17 tire, hopefully more.

I am running the Nitto 555 and have 45,000 miles on the fronts --- will change for the 2019 season and over 25,000 miles on the rear. I don't baby them but not aggressive all the time...

• I am running the Nitto 555 and have 45,000 miles on the fronts --- will change for the 2019 season and over 25,000 miles on the rear. I don't baby them but not aggressive all the time...

Comparing the UTQG among the different rear tires I've tried, I got around 10-11,000 miles out of the original factory rear tire and the Kenda I replaced it with. I then tried a Sumitomo HTR Z III tire and only got around 7000 miles on it. The Kendas and the Sumitomo are both UTQG rated at 300. I then tried a Nankang NS-20 rated at 360 and got almost 10,000 miles on it. The Nitto 555 G2 carries a UTQG rating of 320, so it is similar to the other 3 brands I've tried. I've got a little over 7,000 miles on it now and from the amount of tread left, I'm hoping to get at least 11,000 miles out of it. When I was on two wheels, I typically got around 3 x the life from my front tire compared to the rear and so far I've done a little closer to 4 x that on my Slingshot, but I can't imagine getting 25,000 miles from a rear tire, especially since I am now turbo'd. :D

• Comparing the UTQG among the different rear tires I've tried, I got around 10-11,000 miles out of the original factory rear tire and the Kenda I replaced it with. I then tried a Sumitomo HTR Z III tire and only got around 7000 miles on it. The Kendas and the Sumitomo are both UTQG rated at 300. I then tried a Nankang NS-20 rated at 360 and got almost 10,000 miles on it. The Nitto 555 G2 carries a UTQG rating of 320, so it is similar to the other 3 brands I've tried. I've got a little over 7,000 miles on it now and from the amount of tread left, I'm hoping to get at least 11,000 miles out of it. When I was on two wheels, I typically got around 3 x the life from my front tire compared to the rear and so far I've done a little closer to 4 x that on my Slingshot, but I can't imagine getting 25,000 miles from a rear tire, especially since I am now turbo'd. :D

I don't think any of us will get the same mileage out of tires --- to many different driving habits.