Turbo installation by Slingshot dealer at NE

• I went yesterday to my dealer in NJ, and he did some work on mine, anyhow we talked about Turbo and he mentioned that he did a few and has an order for one to be installed next week again. And I asked him how about warranty hence I purchased mine with an extended one (5 years "50,000.00 miles) and he had a great answer, which was . Did you buy it here and did we put the turbo in (so what is your question). I just have to wait for X Mas. :):):):D:D;(;(:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• While its true that a good dealer can make a big difference in any warranty work you have done and approved, I believe you may have just been told a slight fib.

First you would always want to have the warranty in writing. Ink on paper is always final. What a sales person says and even the owner of the dealership says is completely useless when the time comes to claim a warranty issue.

As far as Polaris covering it once the dealer installs a turbo.... That isn't going to happen.... . Polaris will only be responsible and cover all the other NON powertrain components after something like a turbo has been installed. If you have a engine to blow the "dealer" would be the one holding the bag IF you had a written warranty by the dealer stating they would cover your Slingshot after the turbo install.

Now that doesn't mean that your dealer CAN'T have Polaris warranty a powertrain item after the turbo is installed. Most dealers can get some of those items warranted with absolutely no issue. BUT DON'T EXPECT IT!.

But the main thing to take from this post ..... Get the terms of the warranty in writing. Your dealer CAN write a NON polaris warranty to cover the turbo and items they install. BUT as far as the 5 year Polaris warranty is concerned it would just cover a non modified stock Slingshot.

• I went yesterday to my dealer in NJ, and he did some work on mine, anyhow we talked about Turbo and he mentioned that he did a few and has an order for one to be installed next week again. And I asked him how about warranty hence I purchased mine with an extended one (5 years "50,000.00 miles) and he had a great answer, which was . Did you buy it here and did we put the turbo in (so what is your question). I just have to wait for X Mas. :):):):D:D;(;(:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Are you referring to DHY Motorsports .. dude ill PM you about them ... all i have is bad experiences from them ...

You cant see me !! or can you ??