Need help - adding LED strip to ft turn signals

• Adding amber LED strips to front to supplement factory turn signals. They work fine as turn signals and 4ways when ign switch is on. But nothing at all when 4 ways are on and ign is off. Disconnect them with ign off and 4 ways work as they should. What is up?

• More info. I have only done the left side so far. When the ign is OFF and 4ways are on, if the new LED strip is connected, it (and all other left lights) flash once then go out. The right side flashes normally. If I turn the ign ON, both sides work correctly. As does the left turn function. Its like a breaker trips when the ign is off.

More info..
    Hooked up right side. Same issue. Ign OFF, turn on 4way switch, get a quick flash then nothing. Ign ON, everything works as it should.

Ok. It seems like a current draw issue. Putting a short strip with only a couple LEDs on it works fine in all conditions. I guess the 15" strip must be too large a load? So its time for relays perhaps. Other ideas please?

• Voltage issue? Looking around in various forums suggests to me the voltage of the OE LEDs is less than 12v. So perhaps I need a couple of 5 volt relays triggered by the turn signals to provide 12 volt power to my strips. But I cannot figure out why everything (including the new strips) works if the ignition switch is ON, but not when it is OFF (using the 4way flasher).