AMTRAK AUTO TRAIN

• Thinking about taking this to VA..in sept... i did it a few years ago,,pretty cool, and relaxing, but that was on a 2 wheel bike...now with slingshot i have to ask amtrak do i register this as a bike? or a car? for loading purposes..from what i am reading, i have to go with a car,,as for width and length and tire size..no big deal...my final decision will be if its going to rain more then 50% chance, then i will take train,,if not,,,ride all the way to L.I. NY...:) to see the kids. total cost with bike, reserved coach seat, $289.. but no hotel, gas, meals , and wear and tear.? all in all, its a push....weather is factor..:)

• I've done the Autotrain before with my Jeep. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. very convenient. plus, I-95 through South Carolina is horrible. Potholes galore. Save your suspension. Your kidneys will thank you.

• The Autotrain cost is about 1/3 the price of a trailer. After my solo driver adventures 1) I would never drive alone over 1000 miles 2) a trailer is not just for whimps! 3) If I did drive solo - I'd leave at least 3 days prior to any planned participation.

Home of the free - because of the brave

• i hear ya, i am THAT guy,,,haha that rides alone, but i stay as much as possible to back roads and being retired i can take the time.:) I did this ride last year in the sling and it was awesome,,3500 miles approx..round trip..one rain incident..but fun as you can imagine.

• i hear ya, i am THAT guy,,,haha that rides alone, but i stay as much as possible to back roads and being retired i can take the time.:) I did this ride last year in the sling and it was awesome,,3500 miles approx..round trip..one rain incident..but fun as you can imagine.

About the same amount of miles but 1/2 in my 4Runner - even going up my hired driver and I had to stop for road flooding and driving rain. I sent the driver home and I rode the SS from WV. It was only supernatural intervention kept me on three wheels so many times!

Home of the free - because of the brave