Is the SS legal in Alaska

• I was wondering and did a few searches but didn't find my answer. I went on one Polaris dealers site but never saw a Slingshot advertised. I don't know even if they is enough pavement to make it worth my while to haul the SS behind the motor home. It would be great to be able to stop and do some day runs or over night runs. Any thoughts?

• Legal, yes. But it is unlikely you'll be able to register it in Alaska. I could be wrong, but not all states/provinces have figured out how to treat it. How is it registered, and what type of license do you need? Different depending on where you go.

For example, in Canada (last I checked, may not be current), in BC it is registered as a car. In Alberta, it is registered as a motorbike and requires the same license as a bike. In Saskatchewan, you can't register it yet (though I know of one person who used their Alberta company to register it for use on Sask roads).

Alaska is probably in the same state as Saskatchewan. Can't register it, so can't sell it.

• Don't need to register it just need to be able to drive it. Figure better mileage than the motor home which gets 6 miles to a gallon or about 500 gallons of gas. I might park the motor home on the Canadian side and do the loop to Fairbanks Anchorage and back with the SS.