Noel's Sling with Hahn RaceCraft SST Boost: The Next Step!

• So when it's time to get your boost on, it takes real tools to put in real wastegate springs. This is one reason why we make the wastegate super-accessible on Hahn RaceCraft SST TurboSystems. With Noel's new internally enhanced engine, it's now time to take Stage 2X to the next level. Tonight. Follow along as we BOOST IT!

• Lets hope this goes good! I know all about this engine and what is inside it. I might have had just a little to do with it (if this is the same one I am thinking of). Hoping to see some 400+whp pulls!

• Thanks, but 400 isn't in the cards just yet...we'll need more fuel system massaging to get there. For tonight, we're shooting for a Maggie Valley-friendly mark of 300+ WHP on the standard Stage 2X system. The next phase will have us laying in the needed fuel flow to reach for 400 WHP!

• Here's a pull from third through fourth gear, from about 60 to 125 MPH.

303 WHP, 325 WTrq, and an "area under the curve" to just die for. The darker of the two lines is HP, with the other being Torque. Torque and HP curves this flat are the stuff of dreams, and work exceedingly well in real-world conditions!

Pump gas, about 13 PSI boost, 84 degrees ambient temperature.

• Here's a nice fourth gear pull, a roll-on from 2000 RPM. Full boost is achieved by about 3500.

These numbers calculate to 362 engine HP, or roughly twice that of stock, and 398 pounds/feet of engine torque! Not bad for a standard, bolt-on Hahn Stage 2X SST TurboSystem :D

Once again, dig that area under the curves. Right where torque starts to slightly taper, rising HP takes over. That is about as usable and enjoyable a power curve as one ever will see.

• Very respectable HP numbers... that would put a smile on my face. NICE JOB Bill!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Just test drove it. How fun! Smooth, perfect behavior everywhere, and such a rush at wide-open throttle.

The lower compression pistons actually make it more driveable at lower and middle RPM without wanting to woof (spin) the tire so much. The lower compression reduces torque that we just don't need anyway with a single rear tire ;)

• HoSince @Noel Hughes will be at SSITS, does that mean his beautiful and now quitepowerful Sling will be there also @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft ? I get to finally meet you as well, right Bill?

Do to an angle drive leak I won't be there until late Tuesday, but am so looking forward to meeting some of the original Slingshot innovators. :)

Holy crap! Angle drive leak already?! Your machine is brand new!!! :cursing::thumbdown:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• So when it's time to get your boost on, it takes real tools to put in real wastegate springs. This is one reason why we make the wastegate super-accessible on Hahn RaceCraft SST TurboSystems. With Noel's new internally enhanced engine, it's now time to take Stage 2X to the next level. Tonight. Follow along as we BOOST IT!

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• Good work, only I find it sad that no information of pics about engine building is posted...

Wish vendors who actually have this experience and knowledge would show more than wastegate spring swaps...

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• Good work, only I find it sad that no information of pics about engine building is posted...

Wish vendors who actually have this experience and knowledge would show more than wastegate spring swaps...

What would you like to know about it? Like what is on the inside? Maybe, just maybe, this....

• Its a good start, you get the idea :)

I like to learn of the details of building it, like how you measured the bore, adjusted ring gaps, what pistons you went with etc...

Much more interesting than wastergate springs imo :)

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• If Noel gives the approval, I have plenty more pictures I can post of the build. I also have part numbers and all specs on it. But I don't want to ruin anything if he doesn't want people to know.

I can say, the pistons are all custom. They were not the most fun to design. The biggest problem was getting rings. For some reason the bore size on 2.4s is not common when it comes it rings. So the bore size ended up a bit odd. Its all the little things you got to check before hand when designing a build that makes them fun!