Administrative post on other thread

• WARNING: ............slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/223/

What I find funny is this part of the closing response:

"We have official Supporting Vendors to help protect our members and other vendors from fly-by-night businesses, scams and bogus sales."

...and the fact that one of the first, if not the first, site vendor is/has been the biggest offender. While all the time being protected by the site. Hell I had a years worth of posts bulk deleted when I asked him to explain his new business structure and where the money went.

I understand he is a likable guy in person and can talk an Eskimo into buying an ice maker but so was Bernie Madoff.....he was friends with everyone while stealing from them all ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Im soooooo sorry @Orangeman I promise I will send you that shirt that I forgot about a year ago!!!! SO SORRY MAN!!! Can we fix this?!?! LMAO! J/K Bro....glad to see your saved from the dark side!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• I wrote a small note to an administrator on the old forum to see if there was the possibility of healing these open wounds. I did not name names but said a large number of "long time members" were very unhappy with some of the actions of Hedgehog. His response follows and was not what I expected (but then again I guess it did). You judge for yourself!

NickJAdministrator

Add Feedback

I am very aware of this animosity, but just cannot figure out where it came from. He has done a good job and I think some are just looking for a scape goat. As a moderator, he has been fair and we support him in his actions.

We are looking to align our moderation practices as closely to that of the wishes of the membership. Again, it will not be the wild west, but we will do our best.

Cheers, and thank you for the note.
    NJ
    [/quote]

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• [/quote]
    It sounds like the typical PC response you get to say they are dealing with it but not really dealing with it directly.

The main thing is that we are all still connected regardless where it is. All that information posted can be copied and posted over here if we want. It is a lot of stuff but it is not the end of the world and I believe all or most of us can still traverse both sides of the fence. We can look at this as the " Breakfast Club " haha I am honored to have been invited by a couple of you and happy to be here. I definitely can not wait for the Smokies, it is looking like it will be a long ride down solo :/

• I agree @BlackDeath it appears the entire group is just about assembled here and I am so thankful. I guess the old forum is like cutting loose a dear old friend that you want to save from destruction. If that dear old friend seems hell bent that he is going to crash into the wall - it seems all is lost. On to new beginnings laugh-squared

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I would like to move my whole build thread over here rather than starting over. I have no idea how to do it or if someone told me how if I could do it. I am not a computer or I phone person

I was worried about the same thing, and thought I'd try a simple copy & paste attempt. Worked like a charm!! I just highlighted my whole post about installing the LED Turn Signal Lights in the "other forum", right clicked my mouse, chose "copy", then opened a new thread on this site, right clicked in the body of the new thread and clicked "paste". WHALLA!!!! Needless to say...I was jumping out my own ass, I was that happy!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I was worried about the same thing, and thought I'd try a simple copy & paste attempt. Worked like a charm!! I just highlighted my whole post about installing the LED Turn Signal Lights in the "other forum", right clicked my mouse, chose "copy", then opened a new thread on this site, right clicked in the body of the new thread and clicked "paste". WHALLA!!!! Needless to say...I was jumping out my own ass, I was that happy!!!

That is all Greek to me

• That is all Greek to me

No worries my friend! Here is a somewhat better instruction (I hope):
    1) Go the post you want to copy
    2) Take your mouse and put the cursor (arrow thingy) at the beginning of the first word (or picture if you only want to copy only a picture) of your post, and then press and hold the left mouse button.
    3) While still pressing the mouse button, drag the cursor to the right until you've highlighted all the words (or pictures) in that line. Then, while still pressing the left mouse button, drag the cursor (arrow thingy) towards the bottom of the screen. (You should see everything you've highlighted turn a shaded color).
    4) Let go of the left mouse button. (If you find that you didn't highlight everything you wanted....don't sweat it....simply do the highlighting process again until you've got everything you want inside the shaded area)
    5) Once you've highlighted (shaded) everything you want to copy, let go of the left mouse button (everything should remain shaded)
    6) Now move your cursor (arrow thingy) over any part of the shaded area, and click the right mouse button one time.
    7) A drop down menu should appear.
    #8 Move your cursor (arrow thingy) to the word "Copy" and click the left mouse button one time.
    9) Now go to the new forum and choose the category or section you want to put your information into.
    10) On the upper right side of the screen you should see a button: " * New Thread". Click your left mouse button on it.
    11) When the New Thread opens, place your cursor (arrow thingy) in the window below the "Message" area.
    12) Click your right mouse button one time.
    13) A drop down menu should appear.
    14) Move your cursor (arrow thingy) over the word "Paste" and click your left mouse button one time
    15) If you did the procedure correctly, everything you wanted to move from the old forum to the new forum should appear.
    16) Review what you moved to be sure you copied everything you intended to. If you missed something, you can either cancel your new thread ("Cancel" can be found at the lower right side of the screen next to "More Options" & "Submit"), or go back to the old post and do the "Copy & Paste" trick with the other stuff you wanted to add to your new thread. If you do add to the new thread, be sure to go to the very bottom of that post (below the last line of words, or picture), then click your right mouse button and choose "Paste". Your additional info should appear below your old info. If it did not, simply click the cancel button and try again.

I hope this helps you @FunCycle!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Members helping members that's what this is all about. And if you are still having trouble. We could get someone to help. If you would start the thread on this site I'm sure someone could go over and copy paste your build here for you. Just rather it be you that way you get what you want. Good Luck @FunCycle

• How does one delete their account over in the "forum that shall never be visited again" ? - rather than just not using it anymore it would be more impactful to close accounts so vendors see the decline in numbers. I had a look and couldn't find the function.

• How does one delete their account over in the "forum that shall never be visited again" ? - rather than just not using it anymore it would be more impactful to close accounts so vendors see the decline in numbers. I had a look and couldn't find the function.

You can't... All you can do is delete all your posts and threads and change your profile to giberish, than log out. Or you can post nude pics until they ban you for life, than move on.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.