Brake Failure Light

• I changed mine out myself, bleed the system and light has not come back on and cruise hasn't failed since .

I have that dreaded BRAKE FAILURE light on, im going to the dealer tomorrow because I also have a recall # T-18-03 Seat Belt Guide...……….if they inform me I have to leave my Sling ill be leaving and doing the job myself ...….So far ive found just one Brake pressure switch # 4016380 online & I know I need 4 Seal stat 0 3/8 70ep # 5413212...and since ive already bled my brake system once, I have no problem doing it again...…..

• I have that dreaded BRAKE FAILURE light on, im going to the dealer tomorrow because I also have a recall # T-18-03 Seat Belt Guide...……….if they inform me I have to leave my Sling ill be leaving and doing the job myself ...….So far ive found just one Brake pressure switch # 4016380 online & I know I need 4 Seal stat 0 3/8 70ep # 5413212...and since ive already bled my brake system once, I have no problem doing it again...…..

Just remember that there are TWO of the brake sensor switches (that'
    s why you need 4 of the seals). I wasn't sure from your post if you meant both sensor switches are the same or if you meant you only needed one. :D
    Call your dealer before you go and he should be able to tell you if he has the parts already.

• ....I know there are 2 of brake sensors, I was only able to locate one BRAND NEW ONE online, I see they sell alot of used ones online but Homey dont play that.......ill see what the dealer say, if they can do it in a couple of hours, because it doesn't take that long if you know what your doing......but if not I'll see if their parts Dept has the part for sell & do it myself

• ....I know there are 2 of brake sensors, I was only able to locate one BRAND NEW ONE online, I see they sell alot of used ones online but Homey dont play that.......ill see what the dealer say, if they can do it in a couple of hours, because it doesn't take that long if you know what your doing......but if not I'll see if their parts Dept has the part for sell & do it myself

my dealer @xd675x replaced them and bleed the whole system in under two hours.

If your dealer ask you to leave it overnight just for the brake stuff then you need a new dealer.

Now on the seatbelt recall is anyone's guess if they even have figured out what their doing or have the parts available.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• So I went by the dealer today, They have to order the parts for the brake failure light & for the recall on the seat belt guide which they said that part is on back order with no eta...……..so now I await their call for me to bring it back in.....and of course I asked is this something I can wait while getting repaired and the shop manager said yes, both times I came in for a recall he had me in and out in minutes....maybe because my recalls passed lol

• From my research from on here & other sources...….NO ONE has this part # 4016380 ( NEW) which is the brake sensor that when fails disengages your cruise control until REPLACED and those Websites that do have it , have it listed as OUT OF STOCK...…..PLEASE correct me if im wrong but those sensors must tell the cruise control your applying your brakes which disengages your cruise control while its set...??? Since they fail so much on everyones Sling, im wondering is there a way to unplug the sensors and leave them there and run the wire to your brake pedal wiring, so that when you step on the brake it will disengage your cruise control...is anyone following me out there lmao

I wouldn't mind relying on a part if it was available when inop BUT I see this may be a problem for me personally !

• From my research from on here & other sources...….NO ONE has this part # 4016380 ( NEW) which is the brake sensor that when fails disengages your cruise control until REPLACED and those Websites that do have it , have it listed as OUT OF STOCK...…..PLEASE correct me if im wrong but those sensors must tell the cruise control your applying your brakes which disengages your cruise control while its set...??? Since they fail so much on everyones Sling, im wondering is there a way to unplug the sensors and leave them there and run the wire to your brake pedal wiring, so that when you step on the brake it will disengage your cruise control...is anyone following me out there lmao

I wouldn't mind relying on a part if it was available when inop BUT I see this may be a problem for me personally !

You also have a magnetic pickup switch for the brake pedal that a lot of us have replaced with the regular push switch. On the 2015 model's the stock switch was a problem also.

• We stock both individual switches and the kit that Polaris wants us to use. Pretty easy procedure. We made a couple of custom tools to make our job easier too. :thumbup:

As far as the seatbelt thing that just came out, it's a couple of small retainers that go around the belts up by the roll hoop. Hopefully parts are available soon. Should be about a 30 minute process.

-Scott

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

I've had my brake sensor switches replaced twice. I, too, have wondered if it might be possible to just trigger the CC shut-off using the main brake switch. I also wonder why Polaris didn't just do that in the first place. Don't know if bypassing the sensor switch and/or using the main brake switch to shut-off the CC will cause problems, though.

• I've had my brake sensor switches replaced twice. I, too, have wondered if it might be possible to just trigger the CC shut-off using the main brake switch. I also wonder why Polaris didn't just do that in the first place. Don't know if bypassing the sensor switch and/or using the main brake switch to shut-off the CC will cause problems, though.

Just guessing here, but the brake switches may not directly cause the c/c to not function. The ECU could have been programmed to disarm the c/c from working IF it sees the brake failure light to come on. Just a thought

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• So I went by the dealer today, They have to order the parts for the brake failure light & for the recall on the seat belt guide which they said that part is on back order with no eta...……..so now I await their call for me to bring it back in.....and of course I asked is this something I can wait while getting repaired and the shop manager said yes, both times I came in for a recall he had me in and out in minutes....maybe because my recalls passed lol

many dealers that have good volume have a set or two on hand as this is a common repair

I think the seat belt recall stated parts aren't available until the end of the month but I could be wrong

• I have another thought also....since there are 2 sensors attached to the brake line and both have the same color 2 wires attached........how am I to know if one sensor went bad and one might still be good and i have the software from MEFIBURN for the slingshot but once I plugged my laptop up to my slingshot, it said NO errors because its reading the ecu......the sensors aren't connected to the ecu I GUESS therefore there should be a way to tap into maybe the brake light wire , if you have the brake light harness from slingmods maybe

• I have another thought also....since there are 2 sensors attached to the brake line and both have the same color 2 wires attached........how am I to know if one sensor went bad and one might still be good and i have the software from MEFIBURN for the slingshot but once I plugged my laptop up to my slingshot, it said NO errors because its reading the ecu......the sensors aren't connected to the ecu I GUESS therefore there should be a way to tap into maybe the brake light wire , if you have the brake light harness from slingmods maybe

Polaris says to replace both sensors because there isn't any easy way to identify which sensor might be bad.

• If you have the wiring breakdown of the circuit, you can see if the switches are normally open or normally closed circuits. If it's normally closed, then you should be able to connect the two wires together to bypass the switch and the light should go out. If it's normally open, if you unplugged the connector, shouldn't the light go out?

BTW, I suck at electrical issues, so don't do what I said without verifying the facts

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE