Brake Failure Light

• I guess I am one of the newest members to the the BF light club. I'll be damned if I am paying dealer over $500 to replace sensors. It would be cheaper to buy the pressure sensors and the brake switch and just replace everything myself. Does anyone have any other suggestions of what I might need? (other than brake fluid, shop towels, etc)

• @Gonfast38 it should be a warranty item. As many as I have seen that go bad I would call Polaris and ask them to cover them if they are past the warranty date. Just explain that your light has been coming on for a while now and then it goes off. Im sure that is your situation just like many others on here. It most likely started before the warranty was out. And you were just trying to see if it would resolve itself without bothering them.

• Got my brake failure light fixed today finally. Anyone interested in seeing what dealer charges Polaris see pic....lol
    Edit now just need to fix my seatbelt light and I wont have anymore lights on :thumbup:

There's no way it should cost that much..I've had mine replaced twice and both times it took about 45 minutes to an hour..Not sure I believe the dealer retail bills. Polaris is dictating what they get.
    I had taken by 2015 Highlander in today for for it's last free oil change and tire rotation at dealer. 2.5 years old with 35,000 miles. They said the battery failed to test properly and they replaced it at no cost as a warranty item. When I got the paperwork it said retail (just for the battery) was $756.. I think CNN comes up with these prices.

• There's no way it should cost that much..I've had mine replaced twice and both times it took about 45 minutes to an hour..Not sure I believe the dealer retail bills. Polaris is dictating what they get.I had taken by 2015 Highlander in today for for it's last free oil change and tire rotation at dealer. 2.5 years old with 35,000 miles. They said the battery failed to test properly and they replaced it at no cost as a warranty item. When I got the paperwork it said retail (just for the battery) was $756.. I think CNN comes up with these prices.

I didn't pay that. It was covered under warranty. That is the bill the dealer sent to polaris/warranty claim. It is reasons like these that insurance rates & warranty rates are so high. Price gouging when its an insurance or warranty claim. :/

• I didn't pay that. It was covered under warranty. That is the bill the dealer sent to polaris/warranty claim. It is reasons like these that insurance rates & warranty rates are so high. Price gouging when its an insurance or warranty claim. :/

Understood, but there's no way Polaris just allows them to overcharge. Polaris will dictate the labor rate (which I'll bet is about 1 hour) and provide free parts to the dealer. I think the high bills are for public consumption to make us feel good about warranty work and make us more apt to buy extended warranties.

• Been waiting on my 2nd Steering Angle sensor for 3 weeks now and just this past week my Brake Failure light pops on. Happened 3 times so far, just called my service manager and had him order my brake sensors. Now get this! As I type this, he calls me back to tell me the Steering angle sensor shows as coming in, but they can't find it and maybe a tech used it on someone else's sling. So he will reorder it along with the Brake sensors. Well, I would have waited for all the parts to be there before going in anyway. So no loss and another Sling is safe on the road!

• Understood, but there's no way Polaris just allows them to overcharge. Polaris will dictate the labor rate (which I'll bet is about 1 hour) and provide free parts to the dealer. I think the high bills are for public consumption to make us feel good about warranty work and make us more apt to buy extended warranties.

Worked on me and I NEVER buy extended warranties. I felt like 3 more years was a must in my Sling.

• Looks like I get to join the club...my light started coming on last week...guessing since I am out of warranty I am going to have to pay for this out of pocket?!?!

It depends on your dealer, some are able to fight and get polaris to agree to do it as good will others don't give a crap and just make you pay.

....... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• JK ....... I don't do either ........ laugh-squared

I would go to the dealer with a copy of the Service Bulletin in my pocket and the Polaris customer service number (1-800-765-2747) saved on my phone....

Then .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I'd hope the few who have been told they would have to pay were dealing with people who had not read the TSA where it says "This Service Advisory provides goodwill parts and labor coverage until December 31, 2020 on vehicles exhibiting the issue as defined in this Service Advisory." Seems to me to be cut and dried. Dealer fixes, Polaris pays. Definitely call Polaris and complain if dealer refuses free replacement. Of course, this assumes you don't have a modded brake system which Polaris can use to blame you for the problem! :whistling: