Dash Removal

• Disclaimer - (The following DIY project is purely “at your own risk”. As with any DIY project, unfamiliarity with the tools and process can be dangerous. Posts should be construed as theoretical advice only.
    If you are at all uncomfortable or inexperienced working on these projects (especially but not limited to electronics and mechanical), please reconsider doing the job yourself. It is very possible on any DIY project to damage your ride, void your warranty, create a hazardous condition, or harm or even kill yourself or others.)

Here is how to remove the Slingshot's dash:

A. Remove the three T25 screws that secure the windscreen, lift and slide the windscreen out of the 2 slots on the bottom of the dash and set aside

B. Remove the mirrors using the 13mm socket

C. Using a panel removal tool, unsnap the 2 painted trim panels on the top center of the dash

D. Remove the two T25 screws and the two panel clips from the underside of each plastic panel on the sides of the dash, remove panel and set aside

E. Remove the factory pocket by pulling up and toward the back of the vehicle, lift the pocket slightly to release from the bottom of the panel

F. On either side of the starter switch are 2 panel clips inside the dash opening, remove these using the panel removal tool

G. Remove the two panel clips from the top of the center console side panels

H. Starting at the back of the console, lift the panel up and out. These panels are installed with double sided tape, using the panel removal tool will help break the tape loose

I. Remove the eight T40 Torx screws from the front of the dash

J. Carefully lift the sides of the dash over the mirror brackets and remove the dash
    from the vehicle and set aside

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

Edited 3 times, last by WraithSS ().

• Did someone mention to you @WraithSS that are a legend :) :)

You cant see me !! or can you ??

• Awesome How-To!!! This type of info is priceless!!!!! Thanks @WraithSS and all others who take the time to create this info for us!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• My passenger side panel rides up like this as we are motoring on down the road. Thanks to your tutorial, I can get in there and affix it properly. Thank goodness I saw this before I went out and got that duct tape and bottle of gorilla glue!!! =O

• My passenger side panel rides up like this as we are motoring on down the road. Thanks to your tutorial, I can get in there and affix it properly. Thank goodness I saw this before I went out and got that duct tape and bottle of gorilla glue!!! =O

When you reinstall the panel after applying double sided tape make sure all the tabs secure back in place. Had 2 that weren't in place from the factory so the tape never even made contact. The tabs are kind of odd as they have a flat portion with perforated tabs on the sides. The perforated parts like to bend and not go back in their slot which throws off the fitment.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• What the he'll is a panel removal tool???. And is it 12 volt or 110 volt?

Amazon has these for great prices and in different sizes/materials. Great tools to have around if you like to tear apart interiors of vehicles. They wont scratch or mar your paint or plastic.

• When you reinstall the panel after applying double sided tape make sure all the tabs secure back in place. Had 2 that weren't in place from the factory so the tape never even made contact. The tabs are kind of odd as they have a flat portion with perforated tabs on the sides. The perforated parts like to bend and not go back in their slot which throws off the fitment.

I think that is exactly what happened. As soon as I am through tackling my latest problem, I'll jump right on that. Thanks for tutorial!!!

• When you reinstall the panel after applying double sided tape make sure all the tabs secure back in place. Had 2 that weren't in place from the factory so the tape never even made contact. The tabs are kind of odd as they have a flat portion with perforated tabs on the sides. The perforated parts like to bend and not go back in their slot which throws off the fitment.

I am now having this issue! I think all the clips are in, but you're saying a reapplication of double sided tape is needed? Will do!

I was hoping the tape was unnecessary like the "muscle stripes" on the hood...

• @WraithSS thanks for this thread. Changed out from double bubbles on my '15 SL LE to a Madstad 9" bronze. Realized as soon as I started that I'd have to remove the top two painted panels & wasn't sure how they came off. Came to this thread & saw this pic you posted - that's all I needed to see! Thanks for this service to the forum...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Please, anyone that can help.

Looking at this thread it appears that I'll need to remove the front dash panels before I can get the long centre panels off. Can it be done by just lifting them up, from the double sided tape and tabs? Or does the whole lot need to be removed first?

All the best, from UK_Paul