Slingcave Trailer for Polaris Slingshot

• Folks, here is a review video of the Slingcave Trailer. This is an enclosed trailer totally designed for the Polaris Slingshot. Slingthing Trailers make an open trailer also. This is brand new, you are seeing the first Slingcave that was built for a customer in Oklahoma. The left side is left uncovered to show the loading, unloading and drive on and off. Take a look and go to their website for more information or call the number on the video. I was at the manufacturing location and they are all about detail and quality. Take a look at a great trailer for your Slingshot.

Edited 3 times, last by Samowens44 ().

• that looks like just what I have been looking for - where in OK. I'm in Edmond.

Thanks for looking.

SlingThing trailers are custom manufactured in Ocala, FL. We are able to ship about anywhere. We build both open and enclosed trailers that are specifically built for the Slingshot not just some redesigned other trailer.

Here is a link to our site

http://www.slingthingtrailers.com/

• Any mention of projected cost?

SlingThing trailers are all aluminum custom built to order. We build them to your specification and needs. We are very competitively priced for this type of quality. Our base trailers are very well equipped with standard items that others upcharge for. The SlingThing (open) starts at $4195 and the SlingCave (enclosed) starts at $7495.

• What's the weight on this and the SlingThing (open)?

The 14' SlingCave is right about 1100 pounds and the 14 SlingThing is just under 875 pounds. We built them with intention that you can pull them comfortably with smaller vehicles. With the Slingshot at 1700# we wanted to stay under the 3200 # threshold.

The SlingCave that is in the video (the prototype) was delivered to OK this passed Saturday and is already out in CA. The owner checks in every day and says it's the best pulling trailer he has ever has and his Slingshot loads like a dream.

• @Capt SlingThing, thanks for the weights. So when you say the SlingThing 14 starts at $4,195, will $4,195 get you what you need to trailer a Slingshot (i.e. ramps, tie downs, etc)?

Good question Speed, as I mentioned it come ready to go even at the base price.

STANDARD FEATURES

83 INCHES BETWEEN THE FENDERS FOR EXTRA CLEARANCE
    12” SOLID EXTRUDED ALUMINUM DECK
    LOCKABLE BELLY PAN RAMP STORAGE
    36” BEAVERTAIL AT THE CORRECT APPROACH ANGLE FOR SMOOTH LOADING
    3 EXTRA LONG (6’) SOLID ALUMINUM LOADING RAMPS
    CONTINUOUS C-CHANNEL CHASSIS
    3500# DEXTER TORFLEX E-Z LUBE TORSION AXLE(S) WITH ELECTRIC BRAKES
    HEAVY DUTY DIAMOND PLATE FENDERS, DRIVERS SIDE IS REMOVABLE
    CUSTOM ALUMINUM WHEELS WITH RADIAL ST 205-75R-14 TIRES
    HEAVY DUTY RAM TYPE CLICK & LOCK COUPLER, SAFETY CHAINS, 7 WAY CONNECTOR AND TONGUE JACK WITH WHEEL
    4 STAINLESS STEEL TIE DOWNS
    LED RUNNING LIGHTS AND DOT REFLECTIVE TAPES
    3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY

SPECIAL OPTIONS

MATCHING SPARE WHEEL & TIRE WITH MOUNT
    UPGRADE TO ST 205-75R-15 WHEELS AND TIRES
    UPGRADE TO SURGE BRAKES SINGLE AXLE
    UPGRADE TO SURGE BRAKES TANDEM AXLE
    FORWARD LOCKABLE RAMP STORAGE/ROCK GUARD
    WELDED 42” AIR DAM/STONE GUARD
    A-FRAME DIAMOND PLATE TOOL CHEST W/LOCK
    TOOL BOX WITH ELECTRIC WINCH & BATTERY
    SIDE RAILS FOR SIDE LOAD & UNLOADING
    LED DECK OR LOADING LIGHTS WITH SWITCH
    EXTRA TIE DOWNS 4000 LBS.
    STAINLESS STEEL ROTARY TIE DOWNS 6000 LBS.
    HAND WINCH
    TIE DOWN STRAP KIT INCLUDING 2 CUSTOM ALUMINUM
    WHEEL CHOCKS, 3 OVER THE WHEEL HEAVY DUTY
    RATCHET TIE DOWN STRAPS AND 6 STAINLESS STEEL
    TIE DOWN STRAP QUICK CLICK CLEATS

If you order the HotShot package, our most popular options, you save over $200 over ordering separately.

The package includes

• FORWARD RAMP STORAGE/STONE GUARD
    • A-FRAME DIAMOND PLATE TOOL BOX
    • MATCHING SPARE WHEEL & TIRE WITH MOUNT
    • CUSTOM ALUMINUM WHEEL CHOCKS (2)
    • OVER THE WHEEL TIE DOWN STRAPS (3)
    • TIE DOWN STRAP STAINLESS STEEL CLEATS (6)
    • $4995 FOB Ocala, FL

• @Capt SlingThing, what's FOB? Also, do you have any in stock, or are they built to order?

FOB refers to point of shipping, in other words the buyer is responsible to pick up or pay shipping charges to the destination. We don't inventory any trailers we build to suit thus custom built. I do from time to time have a "demo" that i sell, I don't have one right now as I just sold mine to a customer in St Augustine. I will have both SlingThing and a SlingCave at the Maggie Valley event and I think they will be going home with someone else.

PS you can email me at

slingthingtrailer@gmail.com

I didn't mean for this to turn into an ad for the trailers, just some good ifo for Slingshot folks.

Capt Van

• One question always leads to another and another, that is how the forum works. See you in Maggie.

Ain't that the truth, lol. I will have both the SlingThing and only the 2nd SlingCave there for all to check out, hopefully I'll be able to have it set up so you can load your Slingshot so you can see just how simple it is. I'm always looking for good ideas for improvement, so stop by and let me know what you think. I am a sponsoring vendor, you can't miss me.
    Capt. Van

• Ain't that the truth, lol. I will have both the SlingThing and only the 2nd SlingCave there for all to check out, hopefully I'll be able to have it set up so you can load your Slingshot so you can see just how simple it is. I'm always looking for good ideas for improvement, so stop by and let me know what you think. I am a sponsoring vendor, you can't miss me.Capt. Van

I did own a truck at one time for about 4 years when we did dirt bikes but that was over 30 years ago. Quit with the dirt bikes and got rid of the truck. Can not pull that with my Trans Am or the Hot Rod.

• @Capt SlingThing - Are these trailers only manufactured as a single axle? I see the setback configuration of the single axle, and agree that it will eliminate any sway and draw at greater speeds. Just wondering if there is a tandem configuration in the works. You, being the expert, could probably ease my concerns by saying your single axle configuration would suffice for long-distance / articulated travels (long straight aways). Just asking, not prodding.

• Ain't that the truth, lol. I will have both the SlingThing and only the 2nd SlingCave there for all to check out, hopefully I'll be able to have it set up so you can load your Slingshot so you can see just how simple it is. I'm always looking for good ideas for improvement, so stop by and let me know what you think. I am a sponsoring vendor, you can't miss me.Capt. Van

I did own a truck at one time for about 4 years when we did dirt bikes but that was over 30 years ago. Quit with the dirt bikes and got rid of the truck. Can not pull that with my Trans Am or the Hot Rod.

Hot Rod?? Please tell us more I am a hot rod guy.
    But you could pull it with the TA but you just can't stick a hitch on a cool car now can you?

I did have a hitch on the 89 Firebird Formula 350, I had the utility trailer that I had used for bikes and used it for the yard and flower stuff. Hot Rod 1935 2 door flatback all Chev except the body. 1968 Chevelle SS black on black big block and 4 speed, oh did I say conv.