Factory Radio

• Kind of late. Got fed up with the factory radio and replaced it. I now have a 1800.00 dust collector in the garage. I will bring it with me along with a 4 SSV 6.5 speakers to Maggie Valley to see if they are needed somewhere else.
    Glad they got it fixed.

I need the center (the location by your hip) ssv pods. I just need the pods though. I will smack another pair of 6.5 Rockford Fosgate power series speakers in them.

• Sounds like the fix is for finding stations. My issue is hearing music. Once I am over 40mph I have trouble hearing. And once I get up to 60 if I try and turn it up it crackles

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I need the center (the location by your hip) ssv pods. I just need the pods though. I will smack another pair of 6.5 Rockford Fosgate power series speakers in them.

I have the RF Power T1650 in the rear SSV pods and RF Prime P165Ssi in the front SSV pods. The are connected to the RF Marine 400 watt amp with a Pioneer single din head unit. They put out enough sound to shake the SS and can be heard clearly at 80 mph.
    I am a fan of the RF Power speakers. I have a set of the T1692s in the saddle bags of my Cross Country that put out so much sound I had to hard mount the bags to stop the rattle. :thumbup:

• Of course I called the local Slingshot dealer and asked about the bulletin for the radio (replace backup camera) and was told that the 2016 model was the only one covered..... does anyone have any information on this.

• Mine is just OK. There are some serious players in the stereo game when it comes to Slingshots. I have seen some that have speakers fiberglassed in every possible location. I didn't want to loose the ability to haul ass down a really bumpy and twisty road for fear of something breaking loose. I wanted to carry mine as far as I could without loosing that usability. And I wanted to hear the words and music clearly at ANY speed. So far it has met and exceeded those goals.

So as far as factory stereo goes, yeah it sucks. Rab O'boy , buddy pal tell me with your knowledge and experience I was thinking on adding the Rockford fosgate side panel pods. Will it sound better or would I be better off adding the Rockford fosgate front panels with amp. I see both on Cycle Springs. I could probably drop $330 but $1030 shit!

• I don't have the pods by my hip. I would like to have them. Right now I honestly have more audio than I can use. I noticed that at 95mph I have my radio volume set at 20 and it's like having headphone on. At 25 it starts becoming annoyingly loud. And I have NEVER had it over 28. At 28 it is still crystal clear. It's just to loud to be in the cockpit with it. Sadly the radio will go to 35. Now that I have it dialed in I will probably back the gain down on the amps so that I can use more of the radio volume and have even less noise from amp gain.

• I don't have the pods by my hip. I would like to have them. Right now I honestly have more audio than I can use. I noticed that at 95mph I have my radio volume set at 20 and it's like having headphone on. At 25 it starts becoming annoyingly loud. And I have NEVER had it over 28. At 28 it is still crystal clear. It's just to loud to be in the cockpit with it. Sadly the radio will go to 35. Now that I have it dialed in I will probably back the gain down on the amps so that I can use more of the radio volume and have even less noise from amp gain.

now you are just rubbing it in my face Rab.

At 75moh and the radio at 20 I can make out some of the word and only the bass of the song.

Freaking radio. :00000004:

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I need the center (the location by your hip) ssv pods. I just need the pods though. I will smack another pair of 6.5 Rockford Fosgate power series speakers in them.

I consider you kind of King Mods ... so if you need something good for a fair price and you can mod it to fit in slingshot look at these pods :
    http://www.amazon.com/Select-I…oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Im going to trim it and then it will easily fit Rockford foot stage

You cant see me !! or can you ??

Edited once, last by <<Devil>> ().

• I consider you kind of King Mods ... so if you need something good for a fair price and you can mod it to fit in slingshot look at these pods :http://www.amazon.com/Select-I…oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Im going to trim it and then it will easily fit Rockford foot stage

Not sure if I'm even the court jester of mods.... But I have wrenched on every part of the SS.

The only issue I every have with changing the overall design of a product to fit the needs of the SS is TIME. I would love to do more cool stuff with my SS but there is only so much time you can spend on stuff. So that is why I have to purchase pre-made pods that fit..

Right now I wish there was someone that would come over and clean my SS up.. I would pay them very well.

One way I get away with being on the forum so much is Multitasking.... As I'm typing this I have 3 other windows logged into 3 different computers. So basically while files are being uploaded I flip this windows up to check in on the forum....

• Not sure if I'm even the court jester of mods.... But I have wrenched on every part of the SS.
    The only issue I every have with changing the overall design of a product to fit the needs of the SS is TIME. I would love to do more cool stuff with my SS but there is only so much time you can spend on stuff. So that is why I have to purchase pre-made pods that fit..

Right now I wish there was someone that would come over and clean my SS up.. I would pay them very well.

One way I get away with being on the forum so much is Multitasking.... As I'm typing this I have 3 other windows logged into 3 different computers. So basically while files are being uploaded I flip this windows up to check in on the forum....

Don't know how you do it I can barely flip my phone open to make a call

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!