Steering free play

• Hey guys has anyone else had or have a problem with a dead spot in their steering . When turning the steering wheel to the left or right the is a dead spot for a 1/8 inch where it feels free before the wheels start to turn. Think old school worm gear drive adjustment issue .

• Digital Wrench 3.7 which was release to all dealers on April 26th should address this issue on any SS manufactured prior to April 26th. A few people have reported that it updates the software for the EPAS and has made it feel better. My local dealer here in Colorado Springs keeps saying that they don't it...which is pissing me off.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Not sure if this is what you are referring too but here ya go.
    I have some slop in my wheel you can jiggles it back and forth without moving the tire.
    After close inspection we found that at the point where the shaft from the wheel meets the shaft to the steering box the fitment is sloppy as hell. It is just a swaged piece at the end of the shaft from the steering wheel fitting over the shaft from the steering box.
    No set screws or clamps. Just sloppy
    Take a look it is just below the master cylinder

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Not sure if this is what you are referring too but here ya go.
    I have some slop in my wheel you can jiggles it back and forth without moving the tire.
    After close inspection we found that at the point where the shaft from the wheel meets the shaft to the steering box the fitment is sloppy as hell. It is just a swaged piece at the end of the shaft from the steering wheel fitting over the shaft from the steering box.
    No set screws or clamps. Just sloppy
    Take a look it is just below the master cylinder

Sloppy is bad but you would not want a set screw or fixed clamp where the two shafts meet, it is a sliding/collapsing fitment otherwise there would be a much greater chance of driving the steering shaft through your chest in a crash ......... which would be worse confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• From Polaris engineer:

"for the steering, please look on the steering shaft. There is a set screw that can be tightened to take up the slight slack in the outer steering shaft to the inner"

• From Polaris engineer:

"for the steering, please look on the steering shaft. There is a set screw that can be tightened to take up the slight slack in the outer steering shaft to the inner"

Thanks I will look again but I did not see a set screw when I first investigated
    Guess I need to jack it up and do some more turning

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!