Wanting some custome decals made....

• Sorry.... It's on hold. Thanks for reminding me. I had to redirect my focus in the hopes I can have something mounted to the SS for the MV trip.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Hi all,
    Has anyone considered in buying a vinyl cutting machine. I have done a bit of research, and the Cricut vinyl cutters seem impressive in what they can do.

Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.

• Hi all,
    Has anyone considered in buying a vinyl cutting machine. I have done a bit of research, and the Cricut vinyl cutters seem impressive in what they can do.

I have an old one but the software is outdated
    Most sign shops can produce what you want at a pretty reasonable price.
    Don't forget after the cost of the machine most of you cost would be vinyl / mask / and cutting tips. - This is where the cost ads up.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Hi all,

@Lui We have the Silhouette Cameo. It has been a good machine and we have done a lot of different things with it. We have spent literally hundreds if not thousands of dollars on stuff that we have done with it since we've had it and we've never sold a single piece. Most have been presents for friends and family but some have been door prizes for gatherings we were attending or gifts for guest speakers and some have been given to charities to be sold at events to raise money for that charity.

Some of the neatest things we've done have been mirrors and glass work. Find you a beautiful mirror and take the glass out of it. Make you an image or poem etc on the Cricut and cut it out and throw it away. Now use the part that you would normally throw away and stick it to the back of the mirror. Turn the pressure WAY down in your sand blasting cabinet and gently blast the mirroring off the back of the glass. When your done spray paint the back of the mirror with what ever color you like.

We have also done cases and cases of beer mugs. You use the same method as with the mirrors but you don't paint it.

We've also done a few of the iron on things but don't really like fooling with that. If you have a press that would be a different story.

You will spend untold amounts of time sitting in front of your computer working on art work and fonts!

Good luck and have fun!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• @StickerDick did a American Flag vinyl for me for the center of the Madstad roof. Looks awesome and is not degrading at all. He did the workup and sent a goofed vinyl along with the good one, still cannot find the goof, it just was not up to his standard. Very reasonable priced as well.

LC

• @StickerDick and @STYLN .. Since you guys do Vinyl would you be able to tell me the color/brand or sell me some that would match the Red Pearl. I am looking to wrap the frame with some. Thanks in advance.

@StickerDick may be able to tell you better than I can on which wrap would best fit that color. I have not had a chance to see one in person to throw my swatch of colors against to match it.

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• @StickerDick may be able to tell you better than I can on which wrap would best fit that color. I have not had a chance to see one in person to throw my swatch of colors against to match it.

Yep... I'm in the same boat as @STYLN... I just have not had that opportunity yet. Plus.... a wrap material is out there that should come very close, but it will not stand up to shoes, boots and or other items beating on it as a wrap on your frame... it would not take much more than a month or two of vigorous riding, and your hard work will look like CRAP! I'd say if you are bound on doing that, I'd get the wrap, then I'd buy some of that clear film they use to do bras on the noses of cars and trucks and wrap the arap. It will hold up better.

• Yep... I'm in the same boat as @STYLN... I just have not had that opportunity yet. Plus.... a wrap material is out there that should come very close, but it will not stand up to shoes, boots and or other items beating on it as a wrap on your frame... it would not take much more than a month or two of vigorous riding, and your hard work will look like CRAP! I'd say if you are bound on doing that, I'd get the wrap, then I'd buy some of that clear film they use to do bras on the noses of cars and trucks and wrap the arap. It will hold up better.

Thanks to the both of you. I may try that idea.!

• One suggestion as well is I know of a thick mil billboard material that is a cast but very thick to withstand weathering. Problem is, you would have to have it printed the color of your vehicle(which may be a better match because you can pick the shade) but it is VERY COSTLY. I would find a thick laminate like the ones they use for football helmet decals to put over a standard wrap like @StickerDick suggested and try that. If you need help getting the laminate I can pick you up a small roll if your willing to cover the cost

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.