Customer service - Noel at Cycle Springs and Henry at Alpha

• Note, this happened a few weeks back.....

Background: I ordered a set of the adjustable JRi/Alpha shocks from Cycle Springs. After installation of the shocks and Stoptech brake kit I had a BAD (like really really bad) shaking at 62 mph. I thought it may have been a tire out of balance as that is the usual suspect (even though I didn't have the vibration before installation). I had the tires balanced - no luck, still had the vibration.

I thought it may have been an out of balance brake rotor since they are spinning with the wheels. So off comes the brake kit and on goes the factory front brakes. STILL no luck. :cursing:

I didn't think it could be the but I took off the fronts and went for a drive and I STILL (!) had the vibration. Then I changed the rear shock back to stock and the vibration was gone. So looks like I had a bad rear shock. There was some leaking oil and it was banging and clanking over every bump. I was really surprised that it was a bad rear shock causing the vibration. ?(

Resolution: I emailed Noel on a Sunday about the issue. I called Cycle Springs on Monday but Noel was off. While waiting I emailed Henry at Alpha late Monday night. Noel got back to me on Tuesday and asked some questions. He agreed it sounded like a bad shock and that he'd contact asap Henry about how we can get it replaced. While on the phone with Noel, Henry called me (it must of been like 7 AM for Henry). Henry also agreed it sounded like the shock was bad. He emailed me a return shipping label to send my shocks back at no cost. I called Noel back to inform him that Henry is taking care of the situation and to thank him for offering to take care of it as well.

JRi, sent a new rear back (along with my original fronts - i had red zip ties on them so I knew they were my originals). Total time was less then two weeks from when I sent them back.

Tonight I put on the new rear only and took the Sling for a drive. I'm happy to say there is no vibration and everything feels good. Next the fronts will go on. Then a drive. Finally the brakes again....then a drive.

Both Noel and Henry, provided GREAT customer service and I will continue to do business with them in the future. :thumbsup:

Aside: I do feel a bit cursed at times :) First my power steering unit gets replaced and I still have the dreaded power steering failure on occasion. Waiting for a flash from Polaris (dealer says they are working on ANOTHER flash update), my angle drive explodes AND I get a bad shock from what all accounts says are a top quality manufacture in JRi. I know sometimes these things happen but still........ :(

• I would also mention that doing one change at a time has it's benefits as well. That way, if something isn't right, you know where the problem came from (assuming it wasn't a coincidence, like something failing at the same time you added something. Even then, at least you only have to back out the one change).

Also, props for working through it. That's the worst feeling in the world. Spend tons of money and time for an improvement, only to see it go the other way. Glad you got it resolved, and kudos to our great vendors (one of whom I'm lucky enough to live 15 minutes away from)!

• Yep I'd agree with the one change at a time approach. I should know better but I figured it wouldn't be an issue.....my mistake. Its a royal pain to track down issues. It ALWAYS seems to be the LAST thing you check :)

Also, lucky (or unlucky, at least for your wallet) living so close to Cycle Springs. I'd be flat broke if I did