Ford Escape forum post T-rex maker filing for bankruptcy

• For those who don't read French

PricewaterhouseCoopers has confirmed that Cirbin Inc., which does business under the name Campagna Motors, is currently under bankruptcy protection.

Located in Boucherville, this Quebec company specializes in the manufacture and marketing of three-wheeled vehicles such as T-Rex and V13R.

On October 24, Cirbin Inc. filed a proposal that it intends to present to its creditors.

It is expected that a general meeting of creditors will be held on November 6 at the Trustee's Office (1250 René-Lévesque Boulevard West, Montreal).

Founded by Daniel Campagna in 1990, the company was sold in 2007 to its current owners. Last spring, let's remember that the unveiling of an electric declination of its T-Rex had been highly publicized in the automotive world.

André Morisette, president and majority shareholder of Campagna Motors, did not return our call at the time of publication.

• More than likely T Rex killed it's self price wise. Priced themselves out of the market.

Before buying my Slingshot, I had been wanting a reverse trike for several years. The Campagna products were just too expensive for me and when compared to the Slingshot and its offerings at its price-point, the decision to buy the Slingshot was easy.
    In 2010, while visiting Orlando, we made a trip down to the Miami area to look over a home-built, motorcycle-based reverse trike, but I decided to pass based on the age of the unit and concerns about what to do if something home-built/designed broke.
    Before that, I followed the development of the US-based licensee of Carver tilting technology (flytheroad.com), but they never made it to market. It wasn't a reverse trike, but it offered the leaning motorcycle experience in an enclosed vehicle that certainly would have beed fun!

• Before buying my Slingshot, I had been wanting a reverse trike for several years. The Campagna products were just too expensive for me and when compared to the Slingshot and its offerings at its price-point, the decision to buy the Slingshot was easy.In 2010, while visiting Orlando, we made a trip down to the Miami area to look over a home-built, motorcycle-based reverse trike, but I decided to pass based on the age of the unit and concerns about what to do if something home-built/designed broke.
    Before that, I followed the development of the US-based licensee of Carver tilting technology (flytheroad.com), but they never made it to market. It wasn't a reverse trike, but it offered the leaning motorcycle experience in an enclosed vehicle that certainly would have beed fun!

Ya I ran that same gambit only with Boss Hoss and V8 chopper trikes. Occasionally you could get a good deal on a used BH but the V8 chopper trikes are still way over priced. I think they still want like 62,000 now for a chopper trike.

• I remember something about that thread... hope he doesn't have to much tied up in it. He could lose it all. I got caught up in the JC Whitney bankruptcy but I only lost out on a couple hundred dollars and those buttholes got to stay in business.

• Ya I ran that same gambit only with Boss Hoss and V8 chopper trikes. Occasionally you could get a good deal on a used BH but the V8 chopper trikes are still way over priced. I think they still want like 62,000 now for a chopper trike.

My neighbor bought a used Boss Hog (I think) and finally got rid of it after having nothing but TROUBLE with it. Has a HD now, but only rides it a couple times/year.

• My neighbor bought a used Boss Hog (I think) and finally got rid of it after having nothing but TROUBLE with it. Has a HD now, but only rides it a couple times/year.

The BH bikes had lots of tranny problems... most of the trikes were (as far as I know) problem free compared to the bikes and lots of mods you could do to them. The BH forum had lots of killer info on it but the forum owner let the dickheads run everybody off (much like the first new Indian forum). There's nothing left on that forum that is usable anymore.

• Your going to have a blast Shatneyman 4 years ago I toured the Campagna plant and took the test rides and I talked to the guys at Customs alley too , they seemed like a good bunch . The test ride was a blast ! Oh and I saw locally the Campagna restructuring plan was accepted by the majority of it,s creditors last week ( they were carrying $ 150,000.00 worth of debt they had to restructure) but they plan on being in business for a long time yet , However production is down from boom years prior to the Slingshot , They're now shipping a lot more overseas than ever before. And the are pinning some hopes on their new electric platform , the drives were provided by Zero, its basically two zero Motorcylce drives twinned to the one chain shaft .

• What is the recommended drive train ? :?:

Bill

They are the same as a T-REX, … ZX-12R, ZX-14R, busa,.. I want to put the new ZX-14 H2 turbo,.. but it's a lot of money. They are setting mine up for the busa 1400. I'll have about $29-$30k minus paint. It's coming in just a black jell-coat and I'll prime and paint it. When I was at the shop, they had one of these getting ready for shipment. It has a 4cylinder supercharged, they said it was about 300hp. This thing is a lot smaller then the sling and weights about 1100 lbs. Looked very impressive,....venomss-trike02-tb.jpg

• well actually Campagna motors is dead , whether or not the Trex dies here remains to be seen. .AS Andre Morissette says in his notification of having the bank foreclose on him today , "To the future adventures that will take leadership in the future I wish you the best of luck" he also said ,'' It ends here and now for me unfortunately"

No Banks are in business to get pennies on the dollar , for their debt , they usually only foreclose when they believe the assets that they now legally own are worth more money to them in the hands of another party who can continue producing a revenue stream with them . So watch to see if immediately , usually a creditor , being a main vendor or subcontractor doesn't step forward immediately to attempt to recover his already in vested monies by working with the bank to form a new company and begin manufacturing again a new version of the T-REX. and you would think it would have to be a more affordable version ? to be successful this time around