SO sorry for the downtime. Please forgive the interruption.

• I doubt it will suck much more than it does now. I am getting 9.5 mpg running anywhere from 85 to 100 on the interstate with the sloan. I may have to drop my speeds down to 80 to 90mph with the enclosed. As long as it stays above 8mpg I will be ok with it. I have a load distributing trailer hitch and the Timbren leaf spring helpers on my truck. So between the two I shouldn't have any issues with the tongue weight. And I have 470hp and 510lb torque. So power shouldn't be an issue. My worry is not having towing adjustable mirrors. I will have to get some clip ons till I figure out what telescoping mirrors I can install permanently

YAH @rabtech, Timbren makes some really good products and their manufacturing plant is right here 120 miles from me above Toronto, Oshawa actually , anyway I got a wholesale account there when I built my hydraulic drop deck trailer for their axle less suspension . If anybody wants some of their leaf spring helpers or trailer suspension I can get them for yous at about a 25 % discount ? just pm me Timbren SES Product Finder - Timbren Industries Inc. Suspension Products

• Ghost. I hate I missed you. I was here. I had taken a ton of aleve and motrin for a headache. I fell asleep in the chair and didnt wake up till my phone started going off when the site went down.

That sucks that he bit you. He has had all his shots and should be cleaner than his owner by most aspects. Did he bite you in anger or when you were playing toss with him? Im just curious.

On the flip side... you can see how the big dog could be a beast and protect the house. He has always had this weird way of letting someone get all the way up to the house and then turning into a monster.. it's his way of separating the prey from the heard or car.

He didn't bite me he bit Shirl. I wasn't watching when it happened but I believe they (he and her) were fighting over the tug of war toy and he chomped down on her arm. All is good! That's what you get when you go on another man's property uninvited and unannounced. Me and Lewis laughed at them. LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• He does get aggressive when you get all three in a group setting. Especially when you start pulling the toy from his mouth. He loves tug of war.

Tell Sherl I'm sorry about that.... l will have to buy her a steak dinner... lincoln and all my dogs are super duper vaccinated and healthy as horses so no worries. Like I said , they are healthier than me I'm sure. ;-)

• When I pulled the open trailer (bought from Painter) with the Slingshot I got 12 MPG going to Maggie. When I picked up the Slingthing in Chattanooga I got 10 to 11 with the trailer empty. I don't think the Slingshot being in there will really affect it much. It's like driving with a parachute hooked to the back.

• Nice trailer Rab. I would consider a couple things if you Havnt signed for it yet. One thing is black gets very hot inside and that sux. Second thing is if you get the 26 foot , you can haul two slings if the need arises, like if you and a friend want to go to Maggie for a weekend. Split your fuel costs and have good conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Totally dig the wide axle trailer and didn't know it was a thing.

...if you get the 26 foot , you can haul two slings if the need arises, like if you and a friend want to go to Maggie for a weekend.

This was the first thing that came to mind also. 24' wont cut it for two.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Mine is 22’ and I git one sling and one gold wing in there with the two ft nose. It still is a tight fit and doesn’t leave but a few inches in between. I have three rows of etrack. Two slings need 25 ft. If they touch. You can back the first one in and it’s hard to do with wide tires. Mine has about 2 inches to clear on each side of wheel wells. Depending on the trailer if the rear wheel can fit close to nose tip or will the tail lights touch sides first? It also doesn’t leave any room for a bigger guy to move around to strap em down. This is just my thoughts and if I get a new one it will be 26’.
    A person could put ac in the ceiling and put fold down beds to use it for a toy hauler as well as cheap motel. I would also get it wired for ac and power when they build it to have plug outside for power when parked.

• You will have to find the sweet spot when loading single. These trailers are a lot heavier than your old one and you can get odd Tire wear on one rear or one front tire if not loaded right. I use Maxxis tires M8008, 10 ply. Best tire rated by many trailer forums. The speeds you run will be very hard on tires with these kinds of trailers and I would suggest slowing down maximum 65mph. I learned from experience and I like to get there faster too. I now carry two spares. And when they blow out they beat the shit out of the side of trailer before u get her shut down. I also carry my aluminum floor jack with me, it makes it easy to change tire on roadside.

• I thought a slingshot was 12'6" long... or 149.6" per polaris site.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I made them throw in a spare matching rim and tire. I need to get a second one while I am there.

Got a question. Why couldn't you load the first one in forward and then use the floor jack to slide the rear tire over at an angle and then back the second one in and have the rear ends sit a bit staggered beside each other? Then clamp the rear down to the e-track on each side.

• I made them throw in a spare matching rim and tire. I need to get a second one while I am there.

Got a question. Why couldn't you load the first one in forward and then use the floor jack to slide the rear tire over at an angle and then back the second one in and have the rear ends sit a bit staggered beside each other? Then clamp the rear down to the e-track on each side

Not sure you would gain a lot of room doing that and you will lose the 2ft nose because sling is too wide in front to run to tip. I have 3 rows of etrack so I can haul bikes in there too and hard to drag jack over the etrack with weight on it. If your not going to haul 2 very often and can back one in to the front tip, the 24 ft will work. Put some grab handles up high on one side above the wheel wells so if you want to walk down side of sling you have a handle to help walk across the well.