Emergency brake boot

• As I recall, the handle is a friction fit and with a couple twists it will come off. But it has been a couple of years since I replaced mine so I might be wrong. I have the lock you just bought. Between it and the OE ignition security on Canadian SSs, I have as much anti theft and anti pranking protection as I need. Folks who intend to steal or vandalize it will find a way, so I don’t worry about that possibility.

• As I recall, the handle is a friction fit and with a couple twists it will come off. But it has been a couple of years since I replaced mine so I might be wrong. I have the lock you just bought. Between it and the OE ignition security on Canadian SSs, I have as much anti theft and anti pranking protection as I need. Folks who intend to steal or vandalize it will find a way, so I don’t worry about that possibility.

How did you get yours to fit

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• @Rob the Slob thank you. I just purchased this lock and need to remove the handle to modify it to fit.

dont mean to be negative here, but if this locks the shift lever to the parking break cant a bad guy simply remove the shift knob to get the lock off and then put the shift knob back on?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• dont mean to be negative here, but if this locks the shift lever to the parking break cant a bad guy simply remove the shift knob to get the lock off and then put the shift knob back on?

if I remember right, the stock shift knob set screw is in the front. When the lock is in place the shifter is in 1st gear so access to the screw is difficult. Besides, it's faster and easier to bend the lock shaft with a pair of channel lock plyers. :D

• if I remember right, the stock shift knob set screw is in the front. When the lock is in place the shifter is in 1st gear so access to the screw is difficult. Besides, it's faster and easier to bend the lock shaft with a pair of channel lock plyers. :D

I have been changing and swapping different shift knobs lately and they all come off very easy. the stock one can be removed with a 5mm allen wrench at the front or you can lift the boot and remove the entire thing with a 5mm allen wrench on the side. most aftermarkets either replace the top section or the entire thing and are just as easy and the ones like I have now just use old school shift knobs that screw on.
    Here is a quick snap of the stock knob as you can se the top part slides off above boot and the entire thing comes off just below the boot

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Yes I did have to shave off some of the rubber handle. I just used some 80 grit sand paper folded over into a cupped shape then slide it up and down on the handle bottom. Kind of reminded my of my early love life. It really does not take long to get enough material off. Again reminded me......

If they are determined to steal your sling nothing will stop them, this just helps to slow them down long enough so I can slap a second mag in.

Put the shifter in third or fifth to get the easiest fit. Put the shaft on the bottom turned toward the passenger side a little. Also makes a good place to slide a cable lock under to lock in our helmets.

LC

• @LargeCar Thank you. Too funny about the mag

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• I put in the Digital Guard Dawg keyless ignition for security (love it). I would like to add the shift handle lock to prevent someone from easily taking it out of gear and rolling it away for theft or vandalism. As many have said, and most know, if a determined thief wants it, he'll get it. I just don't want some punk to be able to walk up to it and roll it into something for 'fun'. Same issue I've always had with my CJ5s.

And LC isn't kidding about the 2nd mag - not a man to mess with!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Speaking of the mag and the helmets. The small cable that you receive with a lot of the hand guns makes a perfect helmet lock. Anyone that buys a lot/few hand guns usually has a drawer full of these. I have given all of my extras away to be used for helmet locks

• It is true that if a thief is determined they can steal any vehicle. I use a set of master lock street cuffs to lock the steering wheel to the frame with the steering wheel fully turned - if nothing else they keep people from sitting in the driver seat and I can also put them through the helmet strap and secure it as well

• Speaking of the mag and the helmets. The small cable that you receive with a lot of the hand guns makes a perfect helmet lock. Anyone that buys a lot/few hand guns usually has a drawer full of these. I have given all of my extras away to be used for helmet locks

Thanks @FunCycle! Finally a worthwhile use for those pesky things. And my wife will be proud of me for 'repurposing'.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• It is true that if a thief is determined they can steal any vehicle. I use a set of master lock street cuffs to lock the steering wheel to the frame with the steering wheel fully turned - if nothing else they keep people from sitting in the driver seat and I can also put them through the helmet strap and secure it as well

When you use the hand cuffs always pull into the parking place and turn the steering wheel all the way to the left or right.