License Plate

• I submitted a DMV request for personalized plate. They rejected it because it was too close to someone else's --but the someone else was me. So...back to the idea vault. At least they refunded my money quickly. Rats...

Buckle up! I wanna try something...

2009 HD Sportster Superlow
    1939 Knucklehead with Sidecar restoration project

• California. I have E TYKT on my bike, so to continue the theme I had chosen E TYK3T and they rejected it. I might go explain its for the same person, the letter said police might stop the wrong one etc....

Buckle up! I wanna try something...

2009 HD Sportster Superlow
    1939 Knucklehead with Sidecar restoration project

• California. I have E TYKT on my bike, so to continue the theme I had chosen E TYK3T and they rejected it. I might go explain its for the same person, the letter said police might stop the wrong one etc....

That makes absolutely no sense! Did you have the convo with them yet? Did you knock some sense into them???? Hello, if having one different/additional number or letter wasn't allowed then there wouldn't be any possibility of ANY license plates!!!

• Does your state have a vanity plate finder? New Hampshire has a website you put the name into and tells you if it's available or not.
    My first one was turned down as well "SENDIT" (send it)
    They said it was of offensive manner. No idea why.

• California will reject any plate where they assume a number represents a letter. Good luck on the vanity plate battle. I hate CA and always hate them telling me what I can't have in the way of my plate.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• California will reject any plate where they assume a number represents a letter. Good luck on the vanity plate battle. I hate CA and always hate them telling me what I can't have in the way of my plate.

I just got mine plate approved should be here ~4 weeks 1960's black and yellow plate

"3IS2FUN"

• If you tried "3 15 2 FUN" they would have rejected.

3IS2FUN would be a valid vanity plate according to CA DMV.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Indiana rejected my request for Camel6 on an NRA plate. Told me I could have it on any of the other Indiana plates except that one. Reason- I might be advertising guns!! WTF!!!! It happens to be my last name and my uniform # from my college baseball days!! Indiana can be kind of "conservative" to say the least at times!!

CDCAMEL6

• Indiana rejected my request for Camel6 on an NRA plate. Told me I could have it on any of the other Indiana plates except that one. Reason- I might be advertising guns!! WTF!!!! It happens to be my last name and my uniform # from my college baseball days!! Indiana can be kind of "conservative" to say the least at times!!

CDCAMEL6

That is funny. Never heard of a camel firearm. :D

• That is funny. Never heard of a camel firearm. :D

Have a friend who works for the state AG. He said it probably was the 6. They interpreted it as a Camel 6-shooter or such. Appealing it and he is going to help me out. This comes from the same state that shut down vanity plates for over 2 years. A cop wanted "OINK" on his plate. The BMV said it was offensive to police officers. He sued and the state shut vanity plates down!!! Too much sensitivity!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app