Slingshot Cannon Conversion

• Not only are they not going to cover your turbo....If they find out you added a turbo and the HP tripled they probably would drop you altogether.... they don’t like insuring race cars/motorcycles and because you add the turbo they think you’re driving like a nut...which even increases the odds of them dropping you. If they do insure you they will act like you’re 18 and have many accidents and speeding tickets and you drive like you have nothing to live for. Quite possibly if you have an accident they might not even pay out or if they do you’ll get dropped or pay assigned risk rates until they get their money back and then drop you.

Insurance companies are not your friend....if you cost them a nickel they’ll drop you or me or anyone else.....they have no customer loyalty anymore...no claims ...we’ll keep you...file a claim and you’re the scum of the earth.

And I found out this little secret....all insurance companies have access to each other’s claims..or notifications of termination or cancellation....they can look up your info.....they will deny this but because of something that happened to me I found out this fact. I tried to switch companies because mine wanted to drop me if I didn’t do something they wanted me to do...so I figured screw you ....I went to a completely different company and the agent told me I had to do the exact same thing....and I never mentioned anything about what the other company wanted me to do...I told him I was looking for a better rate.....and the entire time we were talking he was pounding the keyboard...he had to be looking at my file....unless it was a crystal ball. ...the odds of him saying the exact same thing word for word is highly unlikely....nothing will convince me that they can’t.

• Thanks @Bigdog for taking a curious link I found to making it a discussion about the insurance. Your simple presence is more than enough to derail just about any thread.

If you can’t get it insured or can’t afford to pay what they want....what good is it? You should know these things before spending all that cash for something you might not be able to drive..

Girlfriends daughter wants to use grandmas car to drive to North Carolina but grandma just lost her license for good because she’s 91 and legally blind in one eye and can’t see out the other...so she’ll probably have to get a rider on grandmas insurance so she can drive it and be covered...right now she can drive it but every night grandma has to have control of the vehicle and that means the car has to be parked on her property. If not it won’t be covered.

How many people want 600/700 hp dodges or fancy corvettes but can’t find insurance? Insurance companies know it’s a bad bet...they want the odds in their favor..

I want a million dollar house but I can’t pay the taxes..

• I have a lot of mods on mine, my insurance guy has seen mine, and told me for about an added 10 bucks a month I can be covered up to 50k in case it ever gets totaled.... I’ll get some of that mod money back! He knows I drive it hard but I also have perfect driving record( so far)... :evil:

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• Forget the hemi! I wanna see Mr. Roy perfect he Honda swap... or better yet an all-wheel drive subi swap. :evil:

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I have a lot of mods on mine, my insurance guy has seen mine, and told me for about an added 10 bucks a month I can be covered up to 50k in case it ever gets totaled.... I’ll get some of that mod money back! He knows I drive it hard but I also have perfect driving record( so far)... :evil:

My agent has seen the mods on both of ours and offered us the additional coverage also. Every insurance company has different rules for different states and areas of the state. It’s all based on their actuarial calculations.
    @2W2X1, I would like to see the the Subaru conversion too. All wheel drive would be amazing.

• My agent has seen the mods on both of ours and offered us the additional coverage also. Every insurance company has different rules for different states and areas of the state. It’s all based on their actuarial calculations.@2W2X1, I would like to see the the Subaru conversion too. All wheel drive would be amazing.

Wonder if polaris is considering an off road slingshot....

• Wonder if polaris is considering an off road slingshot

WHY would they do that, they already have plenty of off road vehicles??????

But not one with 3 wheels, 105" wheelbase, 77.9" width and 5" ground clearance. Imagine all the places you couldn't go with that!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• But not one with 3 wheels, 105" wheelbase, 77.9" width and 5" ground clearance. Imagine all the places you couldn't go with that!

could be a blast for dirt track racing :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I was thinking about one that’s jacked up with more ground clearance.

no - that would be to jacked up

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Wonder if polaris is considering an off road slingshot....

RIP Polaris USA........

PS...Selling a slightly abused Rzr 1000 Turbo to buy that beauty upthere.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.