Slingshot Cannon Conversion

• Insurance companies consider our 2.4 (2384 cc) 175 hp motor a performance bike ....so what will they say about a 500 hp V8 hemi motorcycle?

I can tell you.....nobody will give you insurance...

So what good is a vehicle you can’t insure?

Without a total frame reconstruction....to withstand the weight and torque ...which means they will just be using the body panels and nothing else to make it look like a slingshot it will be a custom car (4 wheels) with a big V8....it will be too heavy to be titled as a motorcycle...

So they will be using a production car frame (probably a dodge colt or a ford pinto) that already exists and sticking the SS body panels on it. Anything bigger and they would have to stretch the body..to cover the chassis.

Can you build a custom car today that doesn’t have air bags? I don’t know I’m asking?..

One other question...if he’s so famous and has all these job qualifications why doesn’t he have the money? Things that make you go hmmmm.

• I am not promoting this mod, I am just offering something to think about

do you tell your insurance company about the performance mods you make to vehicles? I don't, never have and in fact it never even occurred to me to do so.

As far as my insurance company knows every car or bike or truck I ever owned remained exactly the way it was when I insured it, On top of that I have never been asked if I made changes.

Unless you want extended coverage so that the new things you add are covered you would have to be strange to call your insurance and tell them these things

JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• It will have to be classified as something if it goes into production. So insurance companies will have the specs.

If you don’t tell the insurance companies about your 5 karat diamond ring and $10,000 fur coat and cover them with a rider they won’t pay for any lose. Same with a vehicle. Our mods are covered up to around $3,000...anything over needs a rider....or you don’t get paid.

When insurance companies see the size of the motor right away it’s a race car and usually insured as a high risk...I can remember lots of people buying corvettes only to sell them because nobody would insure it or it simply cost way to much to make it worth owning. I see the same thing here. I don’t know if you can self insure a vehicle....maybe if your rich...

I had insurance quotes when I was buying my SS... one company wouldn’t even touch it...motor size....one wanted $1500 because of the motor size....one was $1000 and the one I bought was $550....insurance companies aren’t in a big hurry to lose money....they would rather pass on you or drop you if you need a payout. Or charge you a small fortune with all kind of exemptions.

There is a sign in front of a local insurance office that says...

Insurance sucks
    Until you need it...

• there are many V8 slingshots insured right now.

• Scam? Very skeptical... :/

It might be my generation but I fail to understand this 'gofundme' give me money concept. I've written multiple business plans and financed various business ventures with bank financing. I'd rather convince one person/entity that's in the business of financing to loan me $250,000 than convince 250,000 people to give me a dollar. If it's a bad risk for the bank, it's probably a bad risk.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• It might be my generation but I fail to understand this 'gofundme' give me money concept. I've written multiple business plans and financed various business ventures with bank financing. I'd rather convince one person/entity that's in the business of financing to loan me $250,000 than convince 250,000 people to give me a dollar. If it's a bad risk for the bank, it's probably a bad risk.

I dont really get it either, but on the other hand if 250,000 people are stupid enough to give me a dollar each that I never have to pay back - - - - - - :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• there are many V8 slingshots insured right now.

Yes, but does the insurance company actually know that? Or was there some creative wording...

Every time I had to get a motorcycle insured one question was always how many CCs is the motor....

I would think if you lie to an insurance company they could say you’re trying to commit insurance fraud......and they will prosecute just to make an example...

• Yes, but does the insurance company actually know that? Or was there some creative wording...

Every time I had to get a motorcycle insured one question was always how many CCs is the motor....

I would think if you lie to an insurance company they could say you’re trying to commit insurance fraud......and they will prosecute just to make an example...

I give my agent the vin#. He gets the cc from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Yes, but does the insurance company actually know that? Or was there some creative wording...

Well, that logic could go to the people that have boosted applications as well.

If the owner is insured for the standard and you will get paid out as a standard slingshot.

I don’t own a V8 but I am boosted and heavily modified and I don’t expect my insurance company to cover my modifications.

@Tango and maybe other V8 owners can help out here.

I have never known or heard of anyone who expected "normal" insurance to pay for a heavily modified "normal" vehicle, it has always been the unspoken rule that you mod things at your own risk since most insurance policies have a 3k limit for aftermarket that usually is not enough to even wipe our asses with, now if you have a high end or a collectible you can insure the vehicle for $$$ amount knowing that you will pay a boat load of cash for the insurance.

Out of all the different forums I visit(Jeep, off road,sport bikes,atv etc) the Slingshot community here is the only one where the "right" to insurance or validity/legality of mods(quad conversions) are brought up so frequently.

Anytime someone post a new idea or mod the first thing someone says is , now is no longer a motor/autocycle or you won't get insurance for it because it is no longer XYZ.

Out of all the toys I own and have owned none has ever required me to change my insurance/ DMV Status and is not like I have hidden anything from my agent either cause he is always taking rides on whatever new toy I buy and vice versa showing me whatever he buys(he is also an enthusiast).

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.