DDMWorks Rotrex Slingshot Supercharger kits are in stock!

• Great News!

Our supply bottleneck with Rotrex has been taken care of and supercharger kits are in stock now!

This is the ultra reliable kit we have been selling now for a couple years that has everything needed to bolt a Rotrex supercharger to the Slingshot engine. If you are on the fence about getting one, now is the time, as price of the kit is going to be going up slightly in about a month. The kits we have in stock will take just a couple days to get through powdercoat depending on color of the charge tubes, just FYI.

If you want to go fast now with a simple install, no oil pan to remove, we have these ready to go.

Let us know if you have any questions, we are always happy to answer them,
    Dave

DDMWorks Slingshot Rotrex Supercharger Kit

• just for kicks I downloaded the PDF of the install instructions and I have to admit it looks rather easy, something even the weekend mechanic like myself could do

the only bad thing I can see would be having to wait for the tuned ECM to be returned

I have no plans to go to forced induction, but if I did this would be what I would choose

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• just for kicks I downloaded the PDF of the install instructions and I have to admit it looks rather easy, something even the weekend mechanic like myself could do

the only bad thing I can see would be having to wait for the tuned ECM to be returned

I have no plans to go to forced induction, but if I did this would be what I would choose

You have hit on the beauty of this kit. Form taking the hood off to the test drive, it can be installed by yourself in 4 to 5 hours. If you have someone who has experience to help, it can be done around 3 hours without killing yourself.
    It is a very reliable HP jump that can be driven hard from the beginning with little no worries.
    I have had this on my sling for about 30 months and in the current configuration I am putting out 350 HP at the rear wheel, ON AN UNFORGED ENGINE.
    The ECU is not really an issue. You send it to MEFI and it is back to you in 3 to 4 days. Bob actually uploads the tune and mails it back the same day.

• You have hit on the beauty of this kit. Form taking the hood off to the test drive, it can be installed by yourself in 4 to 5 hours. If you have someone who has experience to help, it can be done around 3 hours without killing yourself.It is a very reliable HP jump that can be driven hard from the beginning with little no worries.
    I have had this on my sling for about 30 months and in the current configuration I am putting out 350 HP at the rear wheel, ON AN UNFORGED ENGINE.
    The ECU is not really an issue. You send it to MEFI and it is back to you in 3 to 4 days. Bob actually uploads the tune and mails it back the same day.

any down time is an issue when you are talking about a persons daily driver - I could work around it, but like I said it is the only thing I would classify as a negative

• any down time is an issue when you are talking about a persons daily driver - I could work around it, but like I said it is the only thing I would classify as a negative

We can ship an extra ECM with the order if you would need it. There is a core charge of $700, but once you send an ECM back to us we refund that $700. If you do it that way, there is no down time except for the installation time. :thumbup:

• We can ship an extra ECM with the order if you would need it. There is a core charge of $700, but once you send an ECM back to us we refund that $700. If you do it that way, there is no down time except for the installation time. :thumbup:

Now that is fantastic news :thumbsup:

you should put that option on the order page.

• Hiya all, the SC kit comes with an adjustable blow off valve, and I was wondering if there is a certain position of the valve, or can't be adjusted to a specific setting for different results?

Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.

• I might take on a bullet proof engine build this winter. As soon as I find a good block to start with. I wonder if it's possible to have dual SCs installed?

Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.

• Hiya all, the SC kit comes with an adjustable blow off valve, and I was wondering if there is a certain position of the valve, or can't be adjusted to a specific setting for different results?

I welcome @Dave@DDMWorks correcting any errors ....

SC boost is directly relative to RPM so boost pressure is hard set with pulley size .. for a centrifugal SC the "blow off valve" is there as a safety device, not a performance adjuster unless you are purposely limiting max boost at high RPM.

When you let off the throttle your SC is still making boost as engine RPM drops. This pressure slams into the closed TB and has nowhere else to go but back out the way it came in. This causes the compressor wheel to enter a state known as axi-symmetric stall, putting vibration and torque stresses on your compressors rotating assembly.
    Compressor surges can cause bearing failure, imbalance, and compressor wheel/housing contact, or colloquially known in automotive culture as "bad times". The "blow off valve" prevents this.

....... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• That pretty much covers it, nicely done!