Leaking Front Angle Drive, is Polaris taking care of this?

• Had my 2016.5 for about a month, with about 700 miles on it, and noticed this morning, that the angle drive is leaking, not bad, but leaking nonetheless.... Read a bunch of threads on here with good and bad news on getting it fixed under warranty... So, after looking at these pics, can anyone direct me someone specific to deal with, in case my dealer gives me any grief? Thanks!

Got back under there and realized it's the front pinion seal that's leaking...

• My 2016 did the same thing with 600 miles. Took it to the dealer, took a week to get the part but no problems with the warranty. Took them a little less than two hours to fix. Been fine since.

• Just an update on the status of my SS:

Carried my SS to the dealer last Wednesday, the 18th. Told them about the pinion seal leaking (main reason for taking it there), steering disabled from time to time...., and the damn hood not latching. Called them this past Monday, the 23rd and they said the angle drive leak was a lose drain plug (bs!), that they were working on the hood and steering problems and to call back Wednesday, (today). Called them 4-5 times over 8-9 hours today. They kept avoiding my pinion leak question, which started to piss me off!

On the way to pick it up around 4pm, manager called me and said, "Well, the steering issue is because of a failing ECU. We really need to keep it until it's gets repaired, but if you want to come get it, I'll leave that decision to you." I was like WTF?

Got there bout 10 minutes after that call and decided to talk to the Store Manager this time. Told him what was happening and they weren't "fixing" what was effed up, in the first place. Told him they didn't take my word on the leaking seal, until I sent him pics of it today. After I sent the Service Mng pics, he said, you're right, it "was" leaking, but it's not anymore.... Told the GM, I can't keep bringing it over and taking it back, it's roughly 1-1.5 hour round trip. We talked for a good 30 minutes and the GM said take it this weekend, since it's a 3 day holiday weekend. We'll come to your house Tuesday or Wednesday, with an enclosed trailer and bring it back to the shop, R&R the seal and ECU, once we get warranty parts from Polaris and deliver it back to you 1-2 days later.

So, after a week of doing absolutely jack shit, I guess this is their way of repaying me for my wasted time? So, new ECU for the steering not working from time to time. New seal, cause it was leaking. 1-3 days more I won't have the SS...

Time will tell...

• Sad to hear about your problems. Got 10K on my ride, pinion seal started to leak. Took it to dealer today, they checked it out and verified what I told them. No new pinion seal in stock. Factory says they are on back order. Mine has been ordered and factory told my ride is shut down (which it isn't). Pinion seal will be covered under warranty.

Interesting that the seals are on back order. Perhaps a shitload of them going out? Perhaps a new design?

Hope you can get your dealer lined out and your ride repaired MirageBeMe.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• Talked to my dealer in Athens and they said it shouldn't be a hassle. Just have to drive over, let'em take pics, send those to Polaris and wait, LOL. No worries yet, the first call was easier than talking the my ISP CS!

Wendy will get you taken care of...Great folks over there .

• Is your Slingshot a white one? I went to the dealer yesterday ( I have a 2015 grey one) and the service parts girl told me there is a recall on some of the 2016.5 white models becasue of the problem your wrote about. Your dealer should replace the seals. She also menitoned issues with the backup camera. My delear started notifying the owners from the production run that apparently have defected seals.

• Here's a little funny/sad update. After the service manager agreed to seeing my pics of it leaking, he and his dumbass tech went back and looked at it. Called me back and said, we can see where it was leaking, but it isn't anymore and it's safe to drive... OK, first of all, I've never seen a seal start to leak, then stop, unless you put a "stop seal leak additive" in the oil, which will sorta stop a leak, but not fully. Anyway, I drove it home Wednesday night, drove it work and back Thursday and Friday. Haven't driven it any this weekend and probably won't, after noticing this (see pic) Saturday...

Yes, looks like it quite leaking indeed...

• At 500 mile oil change, told dealer the Angle Drive was leaking, tech said not so. At 3500 miles took it back for Heat Reduction Kit install, told dealer I am tired of this thing dripping on my garage floor, three or four drops after each ride. After recheck, they agreed the pinion seal was leaking and had to order parts.

• Dealer replaced Angle Drive, pinion seal replaced today.
    Changed oil to Amsoil 75W140, can't tell much reduction in noise.
    Greased U-Joint.
    Bleed brakes, again.
    Despite my great unhappiness over the lousy, noisey, howling, angle drive----
    Probably better than this one, I have no details on and dealer would not comment.

• Wow.... I like the Slingshot and all, but I'm selling it! There's just too many problems with it to actually have any fun anymore... Dealer finally came and picked it up yesterday morning, (3 weeks after they said they would get it), to fix all the "problems" with it. Said I'd have it back today, but I said keep it as long as you want too. I don't want it anymore! I should've bought a RZR!

• I bought my 2016.5 SL May 22nd. Found my differential to be leaking last Thursday. Likely it was leaking all along, but I had serviced my truck in that bay and had speedy dry down on the floor so I didn't notice. I took off work on Friday, and went to the dealer. They agreed that it was leaking, took pics and sent info in to Polaris. I've called them this week, but so far nothing on it. They told me that they had checked the level (after I asked them to) and it was "at the bottom of the fill hole threads, where it is supposed to be". I had 1500 miles on it at the dealership when I left (about 90 one way from my house). Last evening I checked the level, as I've put another 700 plus on it since. I had just been driving it, but when I took out the fill plug, lube ran out! I don't me a little, like the lube level was at least an inch above the fill plug! I quickly put the plug back in (didn't lose much, and it looked very clear) and wiped up what had spilled out.

So my question is this... should the level be only to the bottom of the fill hole threads? I'm wondering now if I have a leak at all, maybe it was just very overfilled? Even the vent on top has some residue on it. I did order a repair manual, as I've worked on muscle cars, trucks and Harleys most of my life, but I haven't picked it up yet. My fill hole (if looking at it from the driver's side) is about 4:30 or so. It's low enough on the cover that it looks like it might be hard to get a quart in that space that is left below it. Any help appreciated.

By the way, I'm Brent. The "Goats_Hogs" is the name I've used on forums for about a decade and a half now. Goats for the Pontiac GTO, Hogs for the Harleys. Sold the GTO in 2005, but the name still stuck with me. Thanks