New guy intro - new to slingshots but old hand at modding

• Hi peoples. Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. Names Franchi and live in Columbus Ohio. Looked around but didnt see a specific thread for intros so there is one and I just missed it, I apologize ahead of time.

Slingshots first caught my eye when they came out but then decided to wait a bit as had enough projects going on and life / young kids / full time career job on top of running my own side business always takes time and energy but thankfully, that wait is over now!

Just picked up a 2015 base model SS with 15k miles for a great deal locally (I knew the owner prior and he was just happy to sell it to somebody who would enjoy it as much as he did) And I specifically wanted a base model as it will just be a blank canvas for me to work with and it wont stay stock for very long.

I have only logged a few hundred miles but it is already my favorite vehicle I've owned....and I've had quite a variety of fairly fast vehicles I've built over the years (twin turbo f-150 which is my current daily for winter months, head/cam build 13 Charger RT which is my non winter daily, departed Procharged 06 Mustang GT, list goes on and on). And while the SS isn't the fastest I've ever had, it is by far the most pure fun to drive / ride in. And for sure gets the most attention whenever you drive it...

No idea what my plans are for the vehicle yet, I'm going to keep it fairly stock ish for about a year while I figure out the build before I start and get a good feel for everything as it is a completely different platform then I accustomed too but already have a few goodies on the way from Sling Mods so yay for that!

I will be poking around the site, researching stuff, educating myself and jumping into a few discussions here and there. Thank you for having another SS newbie on board. :thumbsup:

• Welcome to the madness. There is no known cure for Mod-Flu... Sounds like you are already afflicted.

Looking forward to seeing the canvas become art.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Welcome @Franchi!

This forum will provide more than enough paint for that blank canvas... that's the good news!

The bad news... we are all broke!
    No money! Just fun rides and friends!

Check out the DIY section for alternatives and tips.
    DIY or How To ,, Step by Step

Keep us posted on what you do with your Sling in the thread
    What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Welcome. Now start planning for the rally at Maggie Valley this spring. There, you can see and touch a ton of goodies that you won't be able to resist. LOL

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• Welcome @Franchi We live bout 90 miles west of Columbus. You certainly came to the right place! We had ours for almost 2 years before we found this forum, I promise ya it will take your SS experience to a whole new level. Some of the best people you'll ever meet!

• welcome aboard @Franchi - looking forward to photos of your ride and adventures

Thank you!

Welcome @Franchi. This is an awesome group. Love to see what you will do with your sling. I also own a charger RT. Love my charger and live my sling

I never thought a 4 door automatic would actually be fun to drive...until I drove my 13 Charger RT. What I like about it in particular is just how easy to jump in and go anywhere. And nobody will pass me on the freeway as mine is an silver ex-trooper car with the spotlight still on it so everybody thinks it is a undercover police car. lol

Welcome @Franchi
    I hope you know what you got yourself into!

I'm starting to get an inkling! :-)

Welcome @Franchi.... Good to have on board. Looking forward to see what you do with your blank canvas.

Me too! Something complely different for me so excited to see what I eventually come up with.

Welcome to the madness. There is no known cure for Mod-Flu... Sounds like you are already afflicted.

Looking forward to seeing the canvas become art.

Yep. Mod bug bit me long and hard many years ago. lol I have TRIED to get actively into other hobbies and passions but while they can be fun, nothing quite like taking something already fun/cool and taking it to the next level based on your own personal tastes or preferences.

Welcome to the group @Franchi! You'll find tons of good info in this group along with a ton of people that can give you great info and advice. Looking forward to seeing your SS take shape as you want it.

Thank You

Welcome to the ride @Franchi have fun and Ride Safe

Thank You

Good to know about the DIY section, I'll check it out.

Welcom to the group!

Thank You

Welcome. Now start planning for the rally at Maggie Valley this spring. There, you can see and touch a ton of goodies that you won't be able to resist. LOL

Is that in the Carolinas? Sounds like a fun road trip! Wonder if could get some folks together from Ohio to caravan out to it..

Welcome @Franchi We live bout 90 miles west of Columbus. You certainly came to the right place! We had ours for almost 2 years before we found this forum, I promise ya it will take your SS experience to a whole new level. Some of the best people you'll ever meet!

Nice! What part of Ohio?

Welcome aboard @Franchi, best dang people and place with lots of great ideas for your sling. Honestly think you will
    enjoy the experience.

Already am, rare to see this level of welcome to a simple noob intro thread.... and I've been on many forums over the years. Thanks for the welcome

• Maggie Valley is in Western NC.....between Asheville and Cherokee, just off Blue Ridge Pkwy.

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling