3rd Annual Murphy, NC, Veteran's Day Weekend rally (Sat, Nov 10th 2018, 5:38am - Sun, Nov 11th 2018, 6:38am)

Date

3rd Annual Murphy, NC, Veteran's Day Weekend rally

Sat, Nov 10th 2018, 5:38 am - Sun, Nov 11th 2018, 6:38 am

Murphy, NC 28906, USA

Participants

1 participant, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Nov 10th 2018, 5:38 am
  • Sorry guys but I'm out for this year. Terri and I were out riding on Sunday when the Sling just died. No electrical power. Still digging into the wiring but nothing so far. Might be the Guard Dawg circuit. We took an extended history tour for 3 weeks in September and October and while friends were feeding the parrots, rodents took up residence in the garage with the Sling. I thought I had repaired all of the damage to the wiring harness but I must have missed something critical. Glad we decided to wring it out before heading to the mountains.

@rabtech - Our prayers are with your family. Hope everything turns out well.

• Well here is somthing I wasnt expecting. Allison's dad has been in and out if the hospital lately. He has been progressively getting worse. Part of his heart has stopped working and he has a lot of fluid building up. He has had to make several trip to the hospital to have it removed. This last trip was pretty much the same and we all really did think he would get to come home.

Unfortunately today they did some kind of surgery that involved his lung and afterwards he coded and they have him on life support till all of his kids can get here. I just dropped Allison off at the hospital front door and let her hurry to the room. And I'm sitting in my truck trying to keep as low a profile as I can. I told her to call me if she needed me to come up. I am not good in those hospital room environments.. Kinda like a bull in a China shop.

Edit.. I have canceled my room in Murphy. I am going to stay home with Allison. Maybe there will be a nice weekend coming up and I can slip off and meet up with some of yall. Right now I'm going up to the ICU to to see if Allison needs anything.

you all will be in our thoughts and prayers

• Here is the last few text that I have received from Allison on the situation with her dad.

Today at 7:02 AM He is breathing 60% over the machine , going to try to have him off of it by afternoon if they can.

Today at 9:25 AM They are stoping sedation and doing lung test to see if they can take him off the vent.

Today around 2:00 PM He is stable and able to talk. (obviously by that statement they must have removed the vent)

I have been at home keeping the dogs and working on my trailer. Just doing the stuff around the house.

Allison has told me her dad is stable now and wants me to go on to Murphy. Of course I said no. Since then I have thought about it and I have changed my mind a bit.

She believes (and I hope) he will get to come home. When and for how long no-one knows. But as long as he is stable and not getting worse I see no reason to sit home.

She has her sisters and some other relatives here in case something happens. AND I can be home in about 5 hours if need be.

SOOOOOO, I am thinking very seriously about getting my sidekick Lewis and loading my slingshot up and heading to Murphy. Lewis said he was ready to get out of the house and put on his doggles.

I wont be able to run wide open with him in the slingshot but we can most likely keep up with the pack. He just freaks out when he hears the whistle and rush of air that the turbo makes. I can ease into the gas and it doesn't bother him to much. He is snapped into the seat with a carabiner to the 4 point harness and cant be tossed out or hurt.

If you look at the time of this post 2:30AM you can see I am about to go stir crazy at home. And Im not expected to work anywhere this week.

What I may do is finish up installing the X-track in my trailer and load my new tool boxes today. Then check in and see if her dad is the same or hopefully better. Then I could leave out early Thursday morning headed that way. I know Friday its going to rain but I had rather be up there than here at home. And Lewis told me he is ready to see everyone also.

In the mornings and at dinner I can take my truck. While I eat I leave the truck idling and Lewis stays in the truck chewing on his treats. He is always laying in the back seat happy as can be when I come out. I just bring him something when I'm done. Then we can run and get the slingshot and strap him in and roll.

All this could change at anytime but I am pretty sure if nothing happens I will be there this weekend. I will keep you all informed as the time gets closer for me to leave.

• All this could change at anytime but I am pretty sure if nothing happens I will be there this weekend. I will keep you all informed as the time gets closer for me to leave.

Glad things seem to be improving for Allison's dad.

You camping out in the parking lot, or you get your room back? :00008172:

• I am sure they will have rooms. :D

I am still waiting to hear from Allison this morning before i jump all in.

#rabtech. We are going to back out. Rain expected here Friday, most of the day. Saturday morning will be below freezing. Yes, I’m a woos. I just cancelled our room.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Sorry guys but I'm out for this year. Terri and I were out riding on Sunday when the Sling just died. No electrical power. Still digging into the wiring but nothing so far. Might be the Guard Dawg circuit. We took an extended history tour for 3 weeks in September and October and while friends were feeding the parrots, rodents took up residence in the garage with the Sling. I thought I had repaired all of the damage to the wiring harness but I must have missed something critical. Glad we decided to wring it out before heading to the mountains.

@Roy658 - i missed this somehow! Very bummed to miss you up there this year!

• ThomaSS and I are meeting Tom (AV8ingTom) and John (V-Shot) for a late lunch tomorrow in Lakeview Ohio. Not sure Larry (ThomaSS) has power at the moment. They were supposed to have him shut down yesterday afternoon for about 3 hours or so.... and I've not heard from him since. The bridge is out at the end of his property, but I don't know if that had anything to do with the power or not. But I'm sure they aren't coming your way.

• Lewis and I are waiting on Allison to check in with me this morning. I usually get a call from here around 9am. She can only go in to see her dad 2 times a day for 2 hours each time. I talked to @larry and if I come up for the weekend he said he may come up with me. I am really trying hard to get up that way.... I even dug out my heavy thick underwear.

I believe y'all will be dry tomorrow and Sunday BUT remember there will be water running across the road in places. Usually in a bad turn where you cant see it till your already on it. SO BE CAREFUL.

Here is what @Ghost has to drive through.....

• @Ghost, @MACAWS, @ThomaSS, @larry - you guys still in for the weekend?

With all we have going on our plans change by the minute but right now we are planning to get headed that way in a little while. It will definitely be afternoon before we get there and possibly early evening depending on how things go here this morning. We aren't coming so much for the riding as we are to enjoy everyone's company. Seems like we have been so tied down lately that we just want to get away! LOL If it be the Lord's will and the creeks don't rise we will see ya'll this evening.

@rabtech @larry Hope you guys can make it up and if you do get to come be safe on the road. If you have an issues give us a shout.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• @Ghost, @MACAWS, @ThomaSS, @larry - you guys still in for the weekend?

ThomaSS and I are meeting Tom (AV8ingTom) and John (V-Shot) for a late lunch tomorrow in Lakeview Ohio. Not sure Larry (ThomaSS) has power at the moment. They were supposed to have him shut down yesterday afternoon for about 3 hours or so.... and I've not heard from him since. The bridge is out at the end of his property, but I don't know if that had anything to do with the power or not. But I'm sure they aren't coming your way.

@KayTwo apologize for not keeping up with this, been busy, bunch of stuff going on, haven't been on forum for about 10 days. As @Goats_Hogs mentioned Tom @av8ingtom and John @V-SHOT coming in we're going to meet up with them on Saturday. Our driver reminded me last Friday when he came to pick up his check he was leaving on vacation this week, so Murphy wouldn't have worked out anyway. Reminds me... need to check to see if I made reservations, don't remember. Would have loved to been able to make it in. Hope and pray weather is good and Veterans Day Rally is a huge success. Y'all have fun... looking forward to seeing pics!

• ThomaSS and I are meeting Tom (AV8ingTom) and John (V-Shot) for a late lunch tomorrow in Lakeview Ohio. Not sure Larry (ThomaSS) has power at the moment. They were supposed to have him shut down yesterday afternoon for about 3 hours or so.... and I've not heard from him since. The bridge is out at the end of his property, but I don't know if that had anything to do with the power or not. But I'm sure they aren't coming your way.

I did see that then another thread, but after I had already posted in this one. Hope you guys have a great lunch!

• @KayTwo apologize for not keeping up with this, been busy, bunch of stuff going on, haven't been on forum for about 10 days. As @Goats_Hogs mentioned Tom @av8ingtom and John @V-SHOT coming in we're going to meet up with them on Saturday. Our driver reminded me last Friday when he came to pick up his check he was leaving on vacation this week, so Murphy wouldn't have worked out anyway. Reminds me... need to check to see if I made reservations, don't remember. Would have loved to been able to make it in. Hope and pray weather is good and Veterans Day Rally is a huge success. Y'all have fun... looking forward to seeing pics!

Have a great time with the guys, we'll miss ya!

• With all we have going on our plans change by the minute but right now we are planning to get headed that way in a little while. It will definitely be afternoon before we get there and possibly early evening depending on how things go here this morning. We aren't coming so much for the riding as we are to enjoy everyone's company. Seems like we have been so tied down lately that we just want to get away! LOL If it be the Lord's will and the creeks don't rise we will see ya'll this evening.
    @rabtech @larry Hope you guys can make it up and if you do get to come be safe on the road. If you have an issues give us a shout.

All you guys drive safe. I have a full day of work, plus I have to pick the kids up from school this afternoon. I will be leaving late afternoon or early evening, to miss a couple of the rain bands that are coming through this area in the afternoon. I'm not trailering, so I'm going to try to avoid getting wet.