2018 Christmas Family

• Hey everyone! The last 2 years we have had an opportunity to help a family in need at Christmas. Is there any interest in doing that again this year, and, if so, does anyone have a family to nominate?????

• I'm sure most everyone who participated in this will again. It's very cool of you to spearhead the effort. I choose to opt out of the nominations - I'm good for now. I have no one else to nominate but I'm sure someone here will.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Well, we did the nominee last year (actually, we helped two families, if you remember), so at the risk of making it seem like we're soaking down the Sling family annually for our pet project, I'd love to know if anyone else has a local family in need.

Neighbor, relative, someone from the news, whatever. Should have definitive goals we can achieve, such as gifts for kids, paying a power bill or something, vice just giving them a wad of cash....unless we are confident they will use the cash for something vital, such as a mortgage or whatever.

Just my $.02.

• There is a man that has been a very special person in my life. He was a Catholic Brother at the middle school I attended. He took me under his care when I really needed someone and moulded me into the man I am today. He eventually left the brotherhood and went to work at Ivy Tech counciing young adults. He also helped a friend raise his two abused grandchildren. He has always been there for everyone else. Giving freely his time, love and money. We have stayed close to him and have helped him all we can for years. But now he is retired and quite frankly his Social Security earnings are not enough for him to pay his rent, buy food and pay for the $200 a week he needs for his insulin. He often doesn't take enough because he can't afford it. I realize this isn't a family but this is a person who has spent his entire life giving to others who now finds him self in need. Any help he was given would be greatly appreciated if you choose to help him.

• There is a man that has been a very special person in my life. He was a Catholic Brother at the middle school I attended. He took me under his care when I really needed someone and moulded me into the man I am today. He eventually left the brotherhood and went to work at Ivy Tech counciing young adults. He also helped a friend raise his two abused grandchildren. He has always been there for everyone else. Giving freely his time, love and money. We have stayed close to him and have helped him all we can for years. But now he is retired and quite frankly his Social Security earnings are not enough for him to pay his rent, buy food and pay for the $200 a week he needs for his insulin. He often doesn't take enough because he can't afford it. I realize this isn't a family but this is a person who has spent his entire life giving to others who now finds him self in need. Any help he was given would be greatly appreciated if you choose to help him.

He has my vote....

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

A good choice....

Has my vote Harvey!

• Count me in and no nominations from my end.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

I gotta campaign a little for Harvey’s friend. Y’all know Harvey is such a giving person, never asks or wants anything in return, just does it out of the goodness of his heart. Harvey has done so much for Rho and I and I know many others out there in the SS community AND beyond. This man molded Harvey into the man he is today, for us (Rho & I) personally it would be an honor to help and do something special for Harvey and be able give a little something back to our very dear friend! :thumbup: