What did you drive or ride before you got a Slingshot?

• I had a Honda Big Red back in the day - just about tore my foot off several times - was glad to see it go :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I haven't ridden on two wheels since the 70's was on a Honda 750 when a car crossed the line and hit me head on. Wasnt wearing a helmet, but only needed several stitches over my left eye. Actually made it home from the hospital before my family even knew I had been in an accident

figured God was trying to tell me something and with the exception of a Hodaka I bought in a box and rebuilt I havent been on two wheel since

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Sold my 2017 East Coast Sand Rail (ECSR) 115" Big Boy Notch Back Frame, 2.3 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. engine, 4 Speed VW Beetle Transmission, VW Beetle IRS with 3X3 Trailing Arms all wheel disk brakes (Dormant Purple Metallic). Purchased a 2017 Polaris SLR Orange Madness 8):thumbsup::thumbup:

• If you have reservations about riding it’s wise to take heed and follow your gut.

I get it and I think that thought has crossed a lot of minds in this group, mine as well... HOWEVER no one ever passed a car accident and said “no more car driving”.

Perhaps I will stay upright for my remaining riding days ( hope so ). My wife gets pissed off when “squids” fly by us as she doesn’t want to witness the carnage and ruin her attitude on riding because of some idiot. Goes for cars too! Lord knows they are out there!

My scoot is sulking as the sling has pushed her to the back of the line. With the weather getting cooler and riding season is here now she won’t be crying long :)

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• I've had so many different vehicles as toys...the goal was always to do something different. But sometimes you just fall in to the crowd due to popularity of vehicle.

Subaru STI
    Toyota FJ
    Mazda RX-8
    Audi Allroad
    Triumph SpeedTriple R
    Yamaha R1
    Suzuki SV650S
    Suzuki GSX600R
    94 Mustang GT
    Subaru WRX

Currently the garage has:

Slingshot
    Kia Sportage Turbo
    Subaru Baja Turbo
    Nissan Leaf

After moving in to the new place in Feb, I will be on the hunt for a Cadillac CTS-V Wagon or a Jaguar XF-R

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Like I said above I stopped riding on two wheels a long time ago after that accident and over the years that followed I didnt really think about it much, living in the hectic driving environment of Los Angeles county it just didnt call to me. That all changed when I moved down to Palm Springs, the perfect year round riding weather and the much lighter traffic and closeness of great driving roads and the idea of getting back on a bike came creeping back into my mind. Then there was a secondary thought that had been rattling in my mind for years. My first car was a 1964 Porsche 356C. it cost me $2000 back in the 70's and like the young fool I was I traded it in to get a "new" car. As I grew older and wiser I realized that it had been a huge mistake and that if I ever had the opportunity I wanted another Porsche. I had talked about these things with my wife and she had agreed that I could have my Porsche or a bike if I really wanted, but I still was not sure. A bike was problematic because I knew my Sara would never ride on the back of a bike - not a chance in hell, and the Porsche - well they are not inexpensive and even though it was doable it just bothered me, with retirement being important to us it just didnt sit as comfortably with me as it did with my Sara (God I love that woman!)

Then one night we were driving home from my daughters house and I noticed something odd was coming up behind us - strange headlights that were low like nothing I had ever seen. As it came into view I realized it was one of those slingshot things I had seen pictures of. It was like a light went off in my head - this was the answer, my motorcycle and my Porsche all rolled into one strange and beautiful machine.

couldn't get it out of my mind just kept thinking about it and when I mentioned it to my Sara she was all for it. Wasn't too long before the perfect opportunity came up and we were off to Malcom Smith Motorsports for a test ride

Drove my Cage Free home that same day and I have never looked back - best vehicle decision I have ever made bar none!

Almost every day on my ride home I drive past the Porsche dealership and I just smile because I know what I got is better - and when some guy at a light in a Porsche of some other super car cant stop checking out the Slingshot I smile and wonder to myself if they even have a clue how much less my little sling cost.

Yep that's what my slingshot is to me - take a great touring motorcycle and really nice Porsche and mash them together and you will get the ultimate sports car, motorcycle, adult go kart, smile making machine that was exactly the answer to what I needed

Heck, I have owned it now for 18 months and 15,000 miles and I still find myself opening the door out to the garage just to look at it and to be sure its real :thumbsup:

edited to add this

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I couldn't agree more. Excellent read. Good story.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• @Hernandeves5. After I followed your Post with mine was hoping it was taken the right way. I sold my GS 1100 when my son was born as I thought it was the best thing to do as well. Took a while before I got back in. I guess it comes down to if it’s your decision then it’s the right one.

I drove my Triumph Sprint 955I until I got cut off and broke my collar bone into four pieces and then the wife cut me off and said NO MORE TWO WHEEL Vehicles so 3 made sense. right?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎