LED Conversion Headlights

• Looking to purchase the TricLED Dual Canada Headlight Conversion Kit ($375.00) to install this winter.

I am also planning to use one of the below TricLED optionalLEDs set:

1) HD EliteLED Headlight Conversion Kit for the Polaris Slingshot: $333.95:

or the

2) LED Headlight Conversion Kit for the Polaris Slingshot: $273.50

Should I go for the more expensive HD Elite LED set up?

Are there any other brands out there that I should consider instead of the TricLED lights?

:thumbup:

• I'm sure you'll hear both good and bad about HID lights. While the popular opinion on HID lights are they are a great choice on most vehicles, they appear to have an issue of premature failure on motorcycles. The best guess reason is that since the headlights are wired to come on with the the key, you are energizing the ballast as soon as the key is on. Then they go out while the starter button is engaged. Only to come back on as soon as the vehicle starts. The on/off/on cycle every time it starts causes the premature failures of the ballasts. I went with the led headlights for that reason

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I'm sure you'll hear both good and bad about HID lights. While the popular opinion on HID lights are they are a great choice on most vehicles, they appear to have an issue of premature failure on motorcycles. The best guess reason is that since the headlights are wired to come on with the the key, you are energizing the ballast as soon as the key is on. Then they go out while the starter button is engaged. Only to come back on as soon as the vehicle starts. The on/off/on cycle every time it starts causes the premature failures of the ballasts. I went with the led headlights for that reason

Agree. Cycling HID units is not good for the ballasts. A member of several motorcycle forums named D'Ecosse (widely recognized as a motorcycle electrical/electronics wizard) has designed a circuit that will keep headlights off until the engine is started, but it would probably need some modification for use with the Slingshot. If interested, Google "D'Ecosse headlight delay". Maybe one of our wiring experts for the Slingshot can customize the circuit for the Slingshot.

Agree. Cycling HID units is not good for the ballasts. A member of several motorcycle forums named D'Ecosse (widely recognized as a motorcycle electrical/electronics wizard) has designed a circuit that will keep headlights off until the engine is started, but it would probably need some modification for use with the Slingshot. If interested, Google "D'Ecosse headlight delay". Maybe one of our wiring experts for the Slingshot can customize the circuit for the Slingshot.

• Having the lights stay off until the SS is running is a very simple task. Put an inline switch on the wire feeding the headlight relay and you can keep them off as long as you like.

On the other hand you can make it as complicated as you like. Power your headlight circuit by putting a timed "on delay" relay in line with an "adjustable pressure switch "connected to and oil pressure port. Set the timed relay to "power on" 5 seconds after the pressure switch senses the desired pressure. Then your headlight circuit will be energized automatically once the oil pressure is up and the delay runs out.

Always more than one way to skin a cat.

P.S. Remember, the only way your going to make chicken salad out of chicken shit is if you intended in the beginning to have chicken shit salad! jes my .o2

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

Edited once, last by Ghost ().