Potential New Product & Personal Build Progress

• Would a bolt in roll bar with no cutting be a product you would be interested in? 14

1. Yes (9) 64%
    2. Not Really (5) 36%

So as some of you have seen already, I put a stronger roll bar on my SS. We were toying around with the idea of producing 5-10 of them if there was enough interest. They would require no cutting of the body panels and would be a direct bolt on. I still need to figure out what to do about the exposed holes though. It would probably be something similar to what they use on those Cobra style roll hoops. It would look extremely similar to the one in the pics but minus the rear kick bars we just added in the pics at the bottom. All of the bars would have a slightly different bend angle towards the bottom so no cutting of the plastic would be needed. We could even potentially mount eyelets to them for those utilizing harnesses and not the OEM seat belts. I'm just curious if this would be anything anyone would be interested in. I'm open to all comments and constructive critiques. You're not going to hurt my feelings if you say you don't like it. I'm throwing this out there as a few people had contacted me about making one when they saw pics before and I would like to see if there is enough interest to make a small run of them. They will all be made out of 2" .120 wall roll bar tubing. We could POSSIBLY make them out of chrome moly but that could get expensive. Let me know your thoughts!

Here is what it would look like

Here is the progress we are making on mine

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• My vote was not "against" the roll bar. I already have my SS modded in the direction that I want to go and it would be way too expensive to change it up now. I like the look and obvious functionality of your roll over protection and with that design there are endless opportunities for designing add on stuff to go with it. It will be interesting to follow this project as it morphs into it's own. jes my .o2

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I like the look of the main roll top just to replace the existing ugly stock roll hoops. Don't care for the extended triangulated bars to the rear deck as that would require allot more cutting. Options to mount 4pts harnesses would be awesome - I have mine just mounted into the stock roll bar bolts under the rear cowling. Maybe just triangulate across from driver side to passenger side so that you can use the stock mounting locations and hole as much as possible. Something like this or this:

• Yeah and that's the design we would make. It would just be more user friendly and not require any cutting of plastic. The one on my SS is .120 wall chrome moly which would definitely hold in a worst case scenario.

• Just to be clear. I voted yes, its not something that I would need right now, but I am hopeful that in time Slingshots will become more accepted at both race tracks and drag strips and I suspect that when this happens more substantial rollover protection may become a requirement for those who wish to participate in events

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I like the look of the main roll top just to replace the existing ugly stock roll hoops. Don't care for the extended triangulated bars to the rear deck as that would require allot more cutting. Options to mount 4pts harnesses would be awesome - I have mine just mounted into the stock roll bar bolts under the rear cowling. Maybe just triangulate across from driver side to passenger side so that you can use the stock mounting locations and hole as much as possible. Something like this or this:

Yeah the production model for the public would not include the kick bars going to the rear deck. It would look like the 2 photos up top without them and would use the factory bolts for mounting.

• I would buy in a heartbeat if a couple things could be modified:
    1- Bring the horizontal bar lower, closer to the rear fin. I'm not concerned with them being stock height as I sit lower with aftermarket seats and brackets.
    2- Mounting locations for harnesses as I'm already using the Bert's harness bars.
    3- Mounting locations for the factory plastic trim. Think I am one of the few who actually likes them.

If you can accomplish that you can take my money!

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Same here. Under $500 like the ones I posted before. Capabilities to use the stock plastic lower covers now (even if they had to be modified). Painted or raw is fine with me - I would probably paint them Red anyways. I always thought the height of the stock roll bars was too high - lower it to be closer in height to the tail fin.

Heck, you could almost take the other aftermarket roll bars and just modify the design to run a full bar across to connect the two and then capabilities to have harness and/or cover mounts.

• looking at the second picture in the OP with the driver in the slingshot I dont think you would want to go much lower with the roll bar than Kyle has it. It might look better, but I think for safety reasons you would want it at least 3 or 4 inches higher than the top of the drivers helmet. Much lower doesnt leave any room for head movement in a rollover

also if Kyle is actually going to bring this to market it would have to accommodate the tallest driverss unless they were specifically made to order with different heights offered which would probably increase cost

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• And in case nobody else noticed, that's a Nascar Styled Windshield from WW.ALLTHINGSSLINGSHOT.COM. Before Ocala's I/2 mile event was cancelled Kyle and his team at ZZP spent a lot of time modifying and preparing for a new world record , Klye likes to set records first , then promote his latest ZZP modifications, so we,re going to have to wait until Spring now to see the latest results. But I can tell you, they,ve left no stone unturned, including aerodynamics !

• I really do appreciate all the input guys. I will take all of this into consideration and see what we can and cannot do. Either way this is something I would like to bring to the market for everyone. Once we have the hole covers figured out or seeing if modifying the stock pieces is an option we will move forward. It'll be a good winter project for us.

• looking at the second picture in the OP with the driver in the slingshot I dont think you would want to go much lower with the roll bar than Kyle has it. It might look better, but I think for safety reasons you would want it at least 3 or 4 inches higher than the top of the drivers helmet. Much lower doesnt leave any room for head movement in a rollover

also if Kyle is actually going to bring this to market it would have to accommodate the tallest driverss unless they were specifically made to order with different heights offered which would probably increase cost

Cost really isn't much of a concern if all the demands are met. You pay for custom quality or you do it yourself. I'm not a great welder, so my option is to pay.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I just realized another small possible issue
    If someone (like me) was using rear speaker pods - would they clear the inside bar.

If you can send me the width and height at it's widest dimensions I can go and measure it on my SS. If it fits in my current bar, it will fit in the production bar for sure as that will have a larger opening to clear the plastics so there is no need for cutting. If it doesn't fit now, I will definitely see if that is something we can accommodate when we make the final design.

• If you can send me the width and height at it's widest dimensions I can go and measure it on my SS. If it fits in my current bar, it will fit in the production bar for sure as that will have a larger opening to clear the plastics so there is no need for cutting. If it doesn't fit now, I will definitely see if that is something we can accommodate when we make the final design.

Will do but it will not be until sometime next week
    I am on the road this week

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!