Rear traction solution

• From various posts I've read, I'm of the opinion that many Slingshot owners seem to feel that the belt drive combined with a tire that will spin when too much power is applied serves as protection for the Slingshot's drive-train. The feeling is as you increase power and also go to a drive system that has less "give" (thru use of a chain or high traction tire), you risk damaging the drive-train (transmission or angle drive) since the tire is less likely to spin or the chain is less likely to skip a tooth as the belt can when placed in high power stress situations.

• A lot of us saw that Sling in Maggie Valley...

Looked very impressive...

They could smoke that tire in a hurry and did it often during the parade.

But when the rain hit... ride over.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• From the videos I have seen I think it has less traction than a good tire on a stock swing arm. Looks like it takes weight off rear tire. Also I think it would have a negative effect on handling. Did anyone run with it through the curves?

No idea, but I'm going to hazard a guess that the cornering in that pig is less than optimal.

• From the videos I have seen I think it has less traction than a good tire on a stock swing arm. Looks like it takes weight off rear tire. Also I think it would have a negative effect on handling. Did anyone run with it through the curves?

You are correct, that setup will have less weight on the back tire than a stock setup, therefore given the same tire, less overall grip. Unless that swingarm is made from solid steel and weighs 600 pounds, then it might be better ;)

• I swear someone was snoring in the background.

I was in my carport yesterday before leaving for my Slingshot ride and I thought I heard a sound like geese. I assumed it was my neighbor using a saw that was squeaking. When I drove by his house, he wasn't outside and I was surprised to see two geese on his roof, honking away!