Have a friend interested in a slinghot BUT.....

• ......has an issue with his right leg and feels like he needs the seat to go back at least 1/4 of an inch .......he's about 5'10" if that on a cold day smh BUT the friend that I am ............he wants to know if anyone has mounted the bracket back further or if anyone has maybe changed their drivers seat to aftermarket seats to get more leg room........

• ......has an issue with his right leg and feels like he needs the seat to go back at least 1/4 of an inch .......he's about 5'10" if that on a cold day smh BUT the friend that I am ............he wants to know if anyone has mounted the bracket back further or if anyone has maybe changed their drivers seat to aftermarket seats to get more leg room........

Aftermarket PRP Seats give you an extra couple of inches for the driver's side. Might want to look into that, as an option. Just a thought.

• I'm 6'1" w/a 33" inseam and tend to keep my driver's seat 1 notch forward from all the way back so I can then have additional tilt to the seat back. This still allows me to extend my right foot under the gas and brake pedals for extra extension w/o touching what would be the firewall on a normal vehicle.
    If you look at the space between the back of the lower seat and the rear wall of the cockpit below the storage compartment, there would certainly seem to be room if someone wanted to add special brackets to move the seat rails back a little more.

• Moving the rails would have little to no benefit, as the seat back cannot tilt any farther back. If all you need is 1/4", one can remove the storage door cover (which I have done) easily, and that helps a small amount. PRP seats, having a thinner width back, would help some also. With a 36" inseam, believe me I have explored many options for more legroom. About the only solution (albeit a very expensive one) is to have the frame extended, about a $10,000 job. The SS is not made for taller drivers.

• I'm 6'4" with 36" inseam. I have the PRP second gen seats. They will give at least 1 1/2" more legroom (I would guess more like 2"). I've had a couple issues with the quality of the outer material in them, but even if I had them reupholstered in better material it would be worth the increased comfort in leg and arm room for me. If the 5'10" rider only needs a quarter inch, PRP will have them with over an inch behind the seat and be comfortable. I did add a 5/8" gel pad to the bottom seat cover for comfort on ours. The memory foam just wasn't thick enough, but the gel pad still cushions even after the memory foam expires.

I'm only being honest here, and stating the facts. If the Slingshot is something they really want, for just a bit more they can have it like they want it. Who here doesn't alter the SS into what they want it to be? Other than the stock ones on the showroom, and ones that have yet to have many miles on them, most all are modified to choice... to fit the rider or their vision.

• I'm 6'4" with 36" inseam. I have the PRP second gen seats. They will give at least 1 1/2" more legroom (I would guess more like 2"). I've had a couple issues with the quality of the outer material in them, but even if I had them reupholstered in better material it would be worth the increased comfort in leg and arm room for me. If the 5'10" rider only needs a quarter inch, PRP will have them with over an inch behind the seat and be comfortable. I did add a 5/8" gel pad to the bottom seat cover for comfort on ours. The memory foam just wasn't thick enough, but the gel pad still cushions even after the memory foam expires.

I'm only being honest here, and stating the facts. If the Slingshot is something they really want, for just a bit more they can have it like they want it. Who here doesn't alter the SS into what they want it to be? Other than the stock ones on the showroom, and ones that have yet to have many miles on them, most all are modified to choice... to fit the rider or their vision.

I let @Goats_Hogs drive my Slingshot which was embarrassing after driving how smooth his rides. But after I got back in my short fat ass couldn’t barely reach the pedals.

• I let @Goats_Hogs drive my Slingshot which was embarrassing after driving how smooth his rides. But after I got back in my short fat ass couldn’t barely reach the pedals.

:00008359::00008172::00008356::00008040:

Not that I mind being tall, but it's a real challenge to find something that I like to drive that also has enough leg room! Truck works, but gets pricey to drive when gas jumps up, as I drive 300 miles a week just to and from work!