Victory Cycle Valuation

• There has been some speculation in the past about what a Slingshot's value would be if production ever were stopped. I talked to a couple Victory motorcycle owners over the weekend that they were told the value of their bikes was "auction" price. Would that be considered more or less than their value before production stopped. This was from a dealer's perspective. I have wondered about this because I don't trust Polaris' commitment. I am not planning to ever sell mine, and I know I will never recoup my investment in mods if I did. Just wondering.

• There has been some speculation in the past about what a Slingshot's value would be if production ever were stopped. I talked to a couple Victory motorcycle owners over the weekend that they were told the value of their bikes was "auction" price. Would that be considered more or less than their value before production stopped. This was from a dealer's perspective. I have wondered about this because I don't trust Polaris' commitment. I am not planning to ever sell mine, and I know I will never recoup my investment in mods if I did. Just wondering.

Let's all do everything that we can to promote the Slingshot. I had 3 different people driving my Slingshot over the weekend. Over the 70,000 miles I have on my Slingshot --- lots of people I just meet have driven it. I have also taken lots & lots for rides....

• auction price is exactly what it sounds like - when dealers want used vehicles to sell at their dealerships they often get them at auctions where other dealers get rid of the trade ins they took in and dont want to sell at their dealership

being out of production probably doesnt help the price because there wont be ant Victory dealers to bid at the auction, but if the bike is clean and considered a quality bike then who knows - - its an auction and it all depends on the bidding and the desirability of the particular bike

to me the only thing I would worry about if polaris were to stop production of Slingshots is how long they continue to supply parts and service. Like you, I have no plans to ever get rid of my Slingshot and the only thing I want from Polaris are the things that will be needed to keep it running until I can longer ride

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Let's all do everything that we can to promote the Slingshot. I had 3 different people driving my Slingshot over the weekend. Over the 70,000 miles I have on my Slingshot --- lots of people I just meet have driven it. I have also taken lots & lots for rides....

Well said. I do everything I can to promote the brand.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• auction price is exactly what it sounds like - when dealers want used vehicles to sell at their dealerships they often get them at auctions where other dealers get rid of the trade ins they took in and dont want to sell at their dealership

being out of production probably doesnt help the price because there wont be ant Victory dealers to bid at the auction, but if the bike is clean and considered a quality bike then who knows - - its an auction and it all depends on the bidding and the desirability of the particular bike

to me the only thing I would worry about if polaris were to stop production of Slingshots is how long they continue to supply parts and service. Like you, I have no plans to ever get rid of my Slingshot and the only thing I want from Polaris are the things that will be needed to keep it running until I can longer ride

I feel the same way.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Yes, we have been letting folks ride our SlingShot from day one, but it does absolutely no good with promoting sales since the closest dealer, and service, is over 200 miles away. With that said, coming from a totally selfish point of view, it is fun being unique and having the only SlingShot in our area, and we have gotten used to not having a local dealer available, so if Polaris stopped manufacturing the SlingShot tomorrow it would be fine with us! On top of that, we also are fortunate enough to have the best model available in the 2015. :P

Bill

• I too live 200 miles from a dealer and I also enjoy the exclusiveness of having a rare vehicle. I have installed a fair amount of mods that reflect my personal wants and needs. Seats, lights, steering wheel, rear wing, rear fender, etc., etc...Now, I have to remind myself when promoting the brand that this isn't exactly what is being offered at the dealership. That is why I often tell those folks that inquire about it that the base model is just as good a starting point if you are willing to build and mod to your own flavor.

• They stopped selling them because they couldn’t sell enough...meaning nobody wants them....so how much is a bike worth that nobody wants?

Then you have the spare parts issue....and is there any warranty left on them? Who fixes them?

They are supposed to convert the victory production line into a SS product line.....tells me they are banking on the SS?..

Polaris would be stupid to stop production of the slingshot....it’s their only street legal machine right now...plus it’s unique. They blew it by not getting into the after market items until it’s too late...

Best they can hope for is the new SS sales stay strong.

• Let's all do everything that we can to promote the Slingshot. I had 3 different people driving my Slingshot over the weekend. Over the 70,000 miles I have on my Slingshot --- lots of people I just meet have driven it. I have also taken lots & lots for rides....

This is a vehicle that really has to be riden to appreciate. Promote the test drives and the SS sells itself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I believe Polaris is counting on selling a few Indian motorcycles. They are not out of the cycle business at all.

• I believe Polaris is counting on selling a few Indian motorcycles. They are not out of the cycle business at all.

The Indian is the reason Polaris killed of the Victory. The two brands were competing for the same customers.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Yes - it does seem odd that one company would have any need to run two motorcycle companies that seem to compete for the same market - on the other hand I think if that were the primary reason I would have billed it as a merger and then come out with a new top of the line "Indian Victory" doing it this way would probably make current owners of Victory's feel like they were not being abandoned

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Agree, a merger of the two would have made sense. Personally, I preferred the cleaner lines of the Victory verses the “aged” look of the Indian lookalikes.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• They could have targeted two different riders...with two different machines. You can be your own competition. Too much worry about the bottom line.

How many different models do the other motorcycle companies produce...

Harley had many different models...

Now even if they sell the victory brand...it will be to a competitor....

• What killed Victory was when they Polaris [Victory] hooked up with George Jetson AKA; Arlen Ness to design their Aluminum frame bikes... Their Iron frame bikes were selling well and had outstanding power and handling...I had the Gunner......

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• What killed Victory was when they Polaris [Victory] hooked up with George Jetson AKA; Arlen Ness to design their Aluminum frame bikes... Their Iron frame bikes were selling well and had outstanding power and handling...I had the Gunner......

That’s what worries me about the SS....start changing stuff and fixing things that aren’t broke.....I’m probably never buying another SS...so it really won’t affect me.

Did they want to create a new victory motorcycle or change the old tried and true?

• That’s what worries me about the SS....start changing stuff and fixing things that aren’t broke.....I’m probably never buying another SS...so it really won’t affect me.
    Did they want to create a new victory motorcycle or change the old tried and true?

They Polaris dumped the aluminum frame bikes into the dust bin, And rebadged some of the iron frame bikes as Indian...With some minor changes...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......