Slingshot Prejudice

• @Goats_Hogs. Brent so good to read of others still passionate about more than one brand
    I too still love my two wheelers. The sling has a permanent home here along with the
    Harley and Kawi . There all different but all still have a special place in my heart.
    Have to admit that the sling gets the mod money these days!

• I know it had me frantic that’s why I bought all the stuff I posted. I have 3 cats. The dust mite stuff had good reviews and those lights. I bought 3 of those and I’ve had one plugged in for a year now. It catches flies, stink bugs, fleas, drain flies, mosquitoes. I have an indoor fish pond so flying bugs come with it.

Fleas will thrive in the sweeper bag, you need to throw it away after every sweep or they will just come back out in force. You can put the dust mite powder in the rug scrubber water. It will force it deep down. Plus I sprayed it around several times. Life cycle is 3 weeks I would spray once every week for a month to over lap the cycles. (Mix and use as directed.) my disclaimer....

I had to clean every place they sleep and 3 cats sleep in a thousand different places. Many of those places are clean clothes. Couches, chairs, hidie holes. Fleas can jump several feet. Spray in the ductwork openings. Move all the furniture to sweep and spray. Take off couch cushions.

• Couldn't resist

You never can funny man! :D Lot's of people have indoor fish bowls and fish tanks, but a fish pond? Mine is about a quarter acre. Just wondering what kind of living room would fit that. Also looking for ideas for the sun room. Come on @Bigdog show us yours...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Now that's the shit. You said fish pond and that it is. What room is it in? Sun room? Den? Office? Family? Is it a Koi pond? Do you live in the Playboy mansion? We're starting to get to know you @Bigdog. Thanks for posting that up.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I can understand the safety concerns and the idea of riding with a large group and helping out a charity.
    Send the charity a check and go for a ride on your terms.

I can't believe that I agree with @Bigdog! I love riding with a small group of folks that I know their skills. I've not found that to ever be the case with charity events.

Heck, I've even signed up for some "aggressive" rides at Sling events and heard people complain it was too aggressive.

It is to each his own, ride your own ride. Enjoy. Life is an adventure. Live it.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• In the early 70s when I started riding, my buddy and I would ride our bikes together constantly....not quite side by side but slightly staggered by about a wheel length ...we knew each of us was going to stay on our “track” in the lane no matter what....he rode the yellow line I rode the curb.....we always had a sense about how each of us would react in any situation. We developed a 6th sense about traffic and could predict several blocks away which jerk was going to pull out in front of us. We would actually laugh about how accurate we were about it....We would constantly call out to each other about a pot hole coming up or junk on the road and which vehicle to keep an eye on.... We did a lot of clowning around too...maybe too much... but we had fun.

It was a great time...the camaraderie of fellow bikers we passed...every biker at that time was raising the left hand clenched fist (right on) signal to each other....we were hippies doing our own thing.....recognizing we were all part of the 1%ers....members of an elite club ...no matter what name badge was on our ride. We were different we were on two wheels. Considered “ outlaws” by most adults...I miss that. LOL.. with a tear in my eye...

You can not ride as close (side by side) as we did in a SS. I ride solo today because of a lack of fellow SS riders in the area. Even at that if there was someone to ride with...you’re basically playing follow the leader.... fun but not like being able to reach out and touch the guy beside or make eye contact or give hand signals about our upcoming turn (travel) intentions, lane changes or dangerous conditions. Today I’m an outlaw on 3 wheels...some are ok with that others are not. I give every rider I pass a wave....some are quick to give it back, some ignore the fact I went by.

I have friends with two wheels but I never get asked to go for a “ride”... And even if we did it’s still follow the leader...you ride together but not really. It loses something. Driving an SS is a different riding experience....you share the fun all by yourself. The old days are gone but not forgotten....make the most of your rides....enjoy your SS and it’s uniquness...embrace the fun you have driving it....the looks and stares....the waves the horn honking, picture taking...the questions ...offer rides to the curious...promote your fun. Enjoy it.

• We took our SS to Cape Coral Florida's 1st Bike Night of the year. The event is huge and attracts I think over 20,000. They have 3 stages and vendors etc.. This year it was set up on the newly renovated street that widened the sidewalks and narrowed the streets. The event was approx seven city blocks long (maybe 8). We parked next to another sling on one end for easy access to leave. The police dept. found it necessary to have one way in and one way out. The "in" being where we parked and the "out" at the other end of the event. The SS had a large crowd around her the whole time we were there. We decided that is was too crowded the way they had it set up and departed early. Instead of letting us travel 1/2 block to get out, they made us drive through 20,000 plus people to get to the other side. So with bikes parked in one lane and vendors across from them on the side walks there was a single lane for foot traffic and bikes exiting and entering. It was a shit show. Most people were taking pictures and giving a thumbs up, but there were way too many disgruntled bikers screaming and yelling at us. My wife was freaked out and so was I a bit. It was almost to the point where I thought I might have to get out and defend us. Some guys really got in our face. It is was really disheartening to see this behavior. It took us almost an hour to get through the crowd. We won't be attending any more bike nights as a result.

• We took our SS to Cape Coral Florida's 1st Bike Night of the year. The event is huge and attracts I think over 20,000. They have 3 stages and vendors etc.. This year it was set up on the newly renovated street that widened the sidewalks and narrowed the streets. The event was approx seven city blocks long (maybe 8). We parked next to another sling on one end for easy access to leave. The police dept. found it necessary to have one way in and one way out. The "in" being where we parked and the "out" at the other end of the event. The SS had a large crowd around her the whole time we were there. We decided that is was too crowded the way they had it set up and departed early. Instead of letting us travel 1/2 block to get out, they made us drive through 20,000 plus people to get to the other side. So with bikes parked in one lane and vendors across from them on the side walks there was a single lane for foot traffic and bikes exiting and entering. It was a shit show. Most people were taking pictures and giving a thumbs up, but there were way too many disgruntled bikers screaming and yelling at us. My wife was freaked out and so was I a bit. It was almost to the point where I thought I might have to get out and defend us. Some guys really got in our face. It is was really disheartening to see this behavior. It took us almost an hour to get through the crowd. We won't be attending any more bike nights as a result.

Haters haters haters. And the sad thing is all those a**holes in a few years from now will be looking a buying a Slingshot for one reason or another.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Because of my profession....enough said....I have personally seen several bars that wanted to have “bike nights” literally end up going out of business within a year after starting it. After the first bike night the regular people stopped coming...the karaok, dj, and band nights all suffered significant crowd drops. Enough so that it killed the business...

Trust me this is true.....there are several biker gangs in our area... Pagans, Outlaws and Punishers....could be more.... we aren’t talking about Riders for Christ....these are bad ass gangs....

I’ve had conversations with many bar owners to try and warn them about what they are in store for by doing a bike night......everyone of them said “ It’s for the good bikers”. So if a bar advertises bike night thinking it’s for their pals the good bikers, what do you do if 50 members of a not good biker gang shows up? I’ll give you a clue....whatever they want...or call the fire department. And there aren’t enough local police to stop whatever is going to happen. Sure many bike nights go off without a problem...but if your crowd disappears...what was it worth? Seen it too many times....

You just instantly killed your entire customer base. Normal people read those biker night signs and to them it says.... Hells Angels is coming here.... so the normal reaction is to take their business elsewhere .... nobody wants to put their family in danger rubbing elbows with biker gangs potentially.

After riding over 45 years there are a few things I’ve learned..... I’m not a biker gang member, I don’t hang with “bikers”, I don’t go to bike nights or or biker bars or other majority biker functions....and I always “pack”. There are many biker bars in the area....a local Harley dealer opened his own restaurant/bar next to his showroom.... I’ve never been there....hate to even drive past it....

Don’t feel obligated to put your safety in question by attending these potentially hostile events...especially if they are DRINKING ALCOHOL...use your head...think you can save yourself from 20 bikers, 10, 5? Remember the hard core ones are probably packing heat. So 20 bikers could very well mean 20 guns....how many bullets does your gun hold? You can’t outdraw 20 guys...

You’re a freak on 3 wheels...a square, a sissy...anything but a biker...that extra wheel fixed that.

Don’t think I’m down on Harley riders or any other biker...but you have to assume certain things and error on the side of caution....you’re way out numbered at any biker event...stick with your own kind....as far as I know there isn’t a badass slingshot gang roaming around...tearing up towns and looking for trouble...besides you can’t out run them on 3 wheels as wide as a full-size car.....you can’t weave through traffic to escape...you get stuck behind some slow poke silver hair your escape is foiled....LOL...

• EXCELLENT POST. NOW... will anyone listen (read and heed)? Probably not.