Slingshot Prejudice

• Personally I think it's is irresponsible for a them to even publish pics like this, even while the purpose of it is to manipulate men...

Not so sure it is to manipulate men any more than it is women - a picture like this probably is a better sales tool in showing the ladies that bikes are not just for men then it is a sales tool to get the men to buy

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Not so sure it is to manipulate men any more than it is women - a picture like this probably is a better sales tool in showing the ladies that bikes are not just for men then it is a sales tool to get the men to buy

Actually that's a good observation... made to make women feel like they too can be as sexy as she if they buy and ride a Harley. Not that blatantly of course... it's meant to manipulate in subtle ways.

• Personally I think it's is irresponsible for a them to even publish pics like this, even while the purpose of it is to manipulate men...

For sale one slingshot... I’m buying a Harley just like the one she’s on. If it’s good enough for her it’s good enough got me.

I think most car ads today promote irresponsible driving. Nobody is going the speed limit and all they do is drive crazy, speed and burn rubber.

• This thread got me to doing a bit of contemplating when we have ridden in our one and only charity event, (which was a lot of fun with lots of camaraderie among everybody), where I simply do not recall even thinking about which position we would be put in, it was the event itself that was of importance?

Bill

I agree to a point. However, Harley had nothing to do with this photo, it's from Burly Bars, a company that specializes in handlebars, cables, wiring for the bars, and shocks along with a few other products. This is Nicole, she's also known as @Sportster-Girl. She's one of the models for Burly, and is the girl in your photo above, only the Burly logo was taken out. I have had Burly apes on the last 3 Harley's I owned. I knew that photo looked familiar.

• @Goats_Hogs obviously you are on a vendetta to counter my argument. I'm not in a position to go back through all of my HOG Magazines and through Harley's Facebook posts of women vs. men. My observations stand. If you need proof for some reason, I'm not going to provide it. I see it. You don't have to if you don't want to.

We all have our opinions. So there :P

• No vendetta. You suggested that it was Harley that had that photo. Burly's name was cropped out, I just showed the original photo and others to reference that it was from Burly. I didn't say you did it, nor even imply it. Honestly, I just find it very ironic how this whole thread is about prejudice on this rally's behalf, one that was run by a dealer. Yet there are so many things said about Harleys in this thread that are very biased and prejudice towards Harley and or the riders/owners. Most in this thread seems to state things like the Harley riders are the only ones flipping people off with Slingshots. I've ridden 36000 miles in my Slingshot, not one rider has flipped me off. I have both, I enjoy both. And I wave at Slingshots when I'm on the Harley.

Also, I figure it's up to the individual how they dress. We are all adults here. I don't wear a helmet when I ride the Harley nor the Slingshot, unless in a state that requires it (well, except that one time on the Tail of the Dragon in TN that I forgot to don said helmet). I also don't ride with a speedo, mostly because I don't want to risk going down on a slide that way, but also because no one wants to see it!

Your observations and opinions stand. So do mine, and suggesting that I have a vendetta because I don't fully agree with your observation doesn't change anything. I didn't get hateful or yell or name call. I only thought this was a discussion on what we saw or thought. My main point was that I don't see Harley using advertising that is really racy or over the top... at least not in the past 25 of more years. Now, if you would like to discuss some of the aftermarket things that are out there, I'd agree 100%.

Truly sorry you feel that way @studiopeg. The things I pointed out, or quoted, I just disagree. No malice or vendetta intended. Just was trying to make a difference of opinion, and maybe I didn't do that well.

• This thread got me to doing a bit of contemplating when we have ridden in our one and only charity event, (which was a lot of fun with lots of camaraderie among everybody), where I simply do not recall even thinking about which position we would be put in, it was the event itself that was of importance?

Bill

OK, let's lighten the mood a bit where I would like to share a bit of our one and only "motorcycle" rally. We pulled in to an already pretty full parking lot of motorcycles, went up to register, and learned that the first lead motorcycles would be "blockers", (we didn't understand the term at the time), then two wheelers, and then the rest of us, that sounded fine to us. Sometime in the midst of this getting organized in pulled a bunch of classic cars doing their own cruise, and some how, some way, we all ended up going the same way together. We were the only SlingShot and initially delegated towards the rear of the motorcycles with a mix of other three-wheelers, but eventually found ourselves in the middle between every type of motorcycle imaginable, (nearly 200 we heard), and classic cars, (between 75 to 100). In starting out we quickly come to understand what the "blockers" were for, where when the motorcycles approached a controlled intersection the front motorcycles would then "block" the side streets until the whole menagerie passed, including the tagging along classic cars. After the intersection was cleared, then those two motorcycles would tuck in behind and the next two in the lead blocked the next street. We were very impressed on how organized and smoothly the whole mess of mixed vehicles progressed so smoothly up the coast road. When we finally ended up at the huge parking lot at our destination, two wheeled, three wheeled and four wheeled vehicles all joined in on just carousing and mingling for the rest of the afternoon.

What a lot of fun it was!! :D

Bill

• No vendetta.

I am personally really stressed out and on edge about *everything* right now. My dad passed 6 months ago and for the first time in 8 years of intense care taking I am having time for *me* now. Crisis after crisis throughout the years of taking care of elderly parents (mom with Alzheimers and dad with cancer) and a dying brother, and now the crises are finally over.

My husband out of necessity lives with his mom taking care of her like I did for my parents so he's going through what I went through. I'm lonely at home alone. So I adopted two kittens last month. And that's when my current nightmare started.

My dog Sammie of 11 years (who stays with my husband and mother-in-law because she does wonders for my MIL's state of mind) has never had a flea in her life. Fleas never even occurred to me to think about. Stupid!

The kittens came infested from their foster home, and I had no fricking idea. My life for the past month has been hell. Countless loads of laundry, over and over and over. Sprays, bleaching, cleaning, hours worth of vacuuming every night after I get home from work, returning the kittens 2 weeks ago, professional exterminators, vacating the house for a day.... and nothing gets rid of these blood sucking parasites. My home has been turned upside down and I don't even want to go there after work anymore. Nightmares at night about these damn bugs.

They are biting me and I am biting everyone's heads off ;(

• Very sorry if I added to the stress @studiopeg. I've been in some of the same, but not as recent. Dad had Parkinson's, and was well into stage four when we found out he had colon cancer when it perforated out and he got styptic. He had been in bad shape for a few years with the Parkinson's. He passed in 2011. Mom had severe rheumatoid arthritis. We were caregivers to both. She passed in 2016. The other I haven't had. But on the caring of close family and the stress that comes with it, I'm very aware of what you are going through. No problems from my end, didn't mean it harsh in any way, and I don't harbor any bad feelings. If you were to read my posts as someone carrying on a conversation that was just of a differing opinion on a few things (many things agreed upon), that is how I meant it. However, I could see how it might feel like an attack, with all the other things coming in hard on you right now. My apologies for the misunderstanding, perhaps I could have worded it better.

• I too ended up with a giant flea problem....took a while to get rid of them...

It took all of this to get things under control...
    slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/87845/slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/87846/
    Dustmite you mix in water and spray carpeting and furniture...under furniture and beds along baseboards....in closets

I bought a sprayer to do this..

Bug sprayer - Yahoo Search Results

The flea traps ....fleas are attracted to light so they work all night long. Put them near the cat beds or other places you think the fleas are congregating...you can move them place to place if you don’t see any trapped fleas to a more active area. Once the trap activity slows move them again...

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/87847/slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/87848/

Diatomaceous earth (food grade) spray (dust) cat beds and stuff....the earth has sharp edges that cut the fleas exoskeleton and kills them....safe for animal and human consumption.

Switched to this flea collar after other liquid flea treatments failed to have any effect.

Plus cleaning under beds and furniture with many passes with the sweeper....if your sweep uses bags after your done each time throw the bag away outside. Dust bunnies...can hold the eggs...I moved every piece of furniture in my house to sweep under them...sprayed several times.....keep the pets out of the room until it drys....

Flea eggs lay dormant in carpet, floor cracks, furniture. The become alive when a pet passes by and breathes out carbon dioxide..people too. The flea growth cycle is about 3 weeks from eggs to adult so you need to make sure you treat long enough to kill several life cycles..

It was a huge pain....sweeping, spraying...rug scrubbing will also help.

• sure am glad fleas dont like to live here. Its nice not to have to worry about the dog getting any or bringing them in

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I too ended up with a giant flea problem....took a while to get rid of them...

I have done so much work over the past few weeks and it’s really difficult to break the flea cycle. The kittens are gone and I have thrown everything out that was theirs. The bedroom where they were has been vacuumed 20 times. Then I remove the head and put the hose along all the baseboards and corners. Had a professional company spray and fog the entire house. And still these damn things are emerging.

I spread diamotaceous earth two days ago and swept it into all carpets and windowsill cracks. The last night wore white pants, white shirt, and pants tucked into white socks and stomped around to make vibration so any fleas waiting to hatch would be cued.

Sure enough got 4 new ones off my socks. Buggers just keep coming and coming. I only had the kittens for less than 5 weeks, I just can’t believe how bad this got in that time.

Despite last nights measures they managed to still get a bite on each leg. WTH! I want to burn my house down, damn things! I’m constantly on edge. I was just starting to have some peace in my life and now this nightmare.