Post your "Oh S#!t" Moment

• The fuck they ain't. Hold my beer.

Yes they do leave! It is either college or they hit the road, the same difference. This is one one of the biggest problems in the U.S. Mom and dad will not put them on the street on their own where they can lear to do for themselves. But you see that is the problem mom and dad did not teach them how to take care of themselves. My two boys had one year off after high school graduation and then it was GOOD BYE

• Watched the videos and on the 3rd one it sounds like the tranny dropped down a gear and RPMs are up. My very unprofessional guess is tranny downshifted and momentarily locked rear wheel causing the skid. my.02

I think all of them were a result of the transmission suddenly downshifting a couple of gears. Sounds and acts like it. I had a similar experience when I accidentally skipped a gear on my downshift and it locked up the rear wheel until the engine RPM could catch up.

• I think all of them were a result of the transmission suddenly downshifting a couple of gears. Sounds and acts like it. I had a similar experience when I accidentally skipped a gear on my downshift and it locked up the rear wheel until the engine RPM could catch up.

In your videos you can hear the transmission down shifting. I would seriously have it looked at before this happens to you! I wouldn't drive it across the street.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Two moments for me. One is mine and the others is someone who will remain nameless. Mine was the hood pop up just after leaving my neighborhood. Didn't latch the hood at all (stupid rookie mistake). Was able to pull off the road and get out. It was then that I saw the 6-8' drop-off about 3' in front of me. That would have been a bad day.
    The second was watching a fellow rider slide off the road into a ditch. Watching it hit, slide and then spin in the air scared the crap out of me. All I could think of was that I hope the "fun" guy was ok.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Just an update, the vendor got back to me after showing him the videos. Now, we're going to the bottom of this weird thing that my transmission was doing. I'll send update soon.

For the meantime.. I'm going to try and see if I can tweak something here to get to 700 HP! :evil:

Behold the DEVIL.

• My Oh Shit moment was riding my Harley on a beautiful sunny afternoon, going into a corner and hitting a huge area of liquefied crap from a leaking Honey Wagon. Lost the bike and went into the ditch and would have been fine but then hit a deep pile of sand which ripped the handlebars out of my hands. Highsided and messed up a bunch of ribs and my shoulder, hence the exharleyrider handle. Not looking back because I love my sling, but it was a definite Oh Shit moment.

• My Oh Shit moment was going into a corner on a beautiful sunny afternoon and hitting a huge area of liquefied crap from a leaking Honey Wagon. Lost the bike and went into the ditch and would have been fine but then hit a deep pile of sand which ripped the handlebars out of my hands. Highsided and messed up a bunch of ribs and my shoulder, hence the exharleyrider handle. Not looking back because I love my sling, but it was a definite Oh Shit moment.

OMG!! I hope you're ok after that incident. The bike can be replace anytime, but I like the name. It's very catchy!!

That story reminds me when I rode my sportbike to the dealer to get oil change one beautiful sunny afternoon as well. Let's just say that I broke my frame slider, damage my fairings, and the pedal. Oh and the new oil is also got a big hole, and leaking all over the intersection.

I guess, when you think that life is going good, it has a funny thing of proving you wrong.

• My Oh Shit moment was riding my Harley on a beautiful sunny afternoon, going into a corner and hitting a huge area of liquefied crap from a leaking Honey Wagon. Lost the bike and went into the ditch and would have been fine but then hit a deep pile of sand which ripped the handlebars out of my hands. Highsided and messed up a bunch of ribs and my shoulder, hence the exharleyrider handle. Not looking back because I love my sling, but it was a definite Oh Shit moment.

Couple of little birds told us that you were a super guy to have here. Doesn't take much to cause a problem weather 2 wheels or 3 wheels.

• @EjFord, had I been in the Sling I maybe could have saved it if I could have keep the inside wheel on the dry part of the road but I am doubting it. Kind of a freak accident but it got me in the SS so other than the fubarred shoulder I look at it as a plus. Do miss my bike at time though. Thanks for the compliment, I do appreciate it.