Post your "Oh S#!t" Moment

• i know right.. this is why i couldn’t make it earlier...
    this calls for more mods.. looks like i’ll be busy this winter.

Dont take any chances,,, gotta get this fixed and figure what is going on.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• i dont think the transmission downshifted which cause me to lose control. If the trans malfunction, shouldnt it be making a grinding noise BEFORE i lost control, whether it's a manual or an auto transmission.
    What I can say is that after I took control of it, I felt like it's downshifting from the gear that I was on to the lowest one to compensate for the current speed.

Synchronized tranny’s don’t grind gears

• I’m not as concerned about the front wheels as I am with where the back one tracks. You only have to move over slightly one way or the other to get clean asphalt.

moving over a bit to one side or the other is good even in a car - cars leave rubber residue by following in the same track a foot to one side or the other closer to the side should find cleaner pavement fro our front tires and also a cleaner path for the rear, usually on the highway you can see the dark areas where trails of rubber have been laid down so just get off of them for improved contact but stat in the lane

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• This isn't safe to drive at all and yeah, I'd start with the auto transmission mod first...

Remember the thread @2W2X1 posted about the Houston accident and that was an auto transmission too... Initially it was believed to be a brake pin lock up issue, causing rear tire to lock up?

I don't know... Something smells fishy... :00000030:

• This isn't safe to drive at all and yeah, I'd start with the auto transmission mod first...

Remember the thread @2W2X1 posted about the Houston accident and that was an auto transmission too... Initially it was believed to be a brake pin lock up issue, causing rear tire to lock up?

I don't know... Something smells fishy... :00000030:

Also remember what @oneshot was talking about also.

• I finally watched @MrGrey's videos. First thing I noticed was it looked like he was on I-495 in Maryland. When his Slingshot seemed to slide, it caused me to think about something I think was originally posted by @Dave@DDMWorks along the lines of the hardest part of an automatic transmission conversion on the Slingshot is integrating the auto trans control module to work properly with the Slingshot's ECU. In the first video, the slide seems to be followed by some engine surging which could be a result of one of the safety sensors detecting an out-of-bounds situation that may have resulted from the rough patch of road he just drove over. I have posted about riding on a dry road and suddenly experiencing what I first thought was a blown rear tire and a brief slide that startled me. I went back to check the road and couldn't see any spot that might have triggered something, but I can't help wondering if a momentary loss of contact with the road might have caused the rear tire to spin fast enough to be out of sync with the system's expected programmed readings and then causing the safety systems to react unexpectedly.
    I didn't notice similar conditions in the second video, but the 3rd video did seem to show a road pavement change just before the rear seemed to slide a little.
    Again, I have no firm evidence, but 2 of the 3 videos is a show a change in the road surface just before things go screwy.
    Unfortunately, if there is a problem between the auto trans control module and the Slingshot's ECU safety systems. it could be a real pain to sort out.
    Of course, I could be totally wrong and just rambling...
    Good Luck getting everything sorted out. I'm interested because I am considering an auto trans conversion.

• That's a good observation! @BKL.. I did notice the rough patch in the highway.. that could have caused me to slide.. there was a bump too so maybe your theory could be right..

In the second video however when I was driving in the back road, I still don't know what made me slide..

• That's a good observation! @BKL.. I did notice the rough patch in the highway.. that could have caused me to slide.. there was a bump too so maybe your theory could be right..
    In the second video however when I was driving in the back road, I still don't know what made me slide..

I have put a lot of miles on my Slingshot in all kinds of conditions and the only time that I have had anything close to what you are doing is gravel or rocks in the middle of the lane. NOTHING! Something else is going on here.

• Did it throw any codes

Did I hear the rear tire squealing?
    Did the motor rev up?

We have a bunch of sensors.
    Vehicle speed sensor.
    Yaw sensor.
    Wheel speed sensors.
    Throttle position sensor.
    Electronic throttle control sensor.
    Pedal position sensor.
    Steering angle sensor.
    MM5 multiaxis sensor cluster ...whatever that means..
    Transmission output sensor.
    Stability control...traction control
    ABS control

I’m thinking one of these is acting up sending bad info to the computer and it’s trying to compensate for that bad info.

Digital wrench needs hooked up to it...and hope they can find out what happened.

• i encountered the similar issue when I first test drive the SS. The dealer said it has new set of tires.

I’m calling dealer BS....if that was the case every new vehicle and every new set of tires would be doing it....millions of times a day...

When in doubt try to make it sound like it’s normal. Shows their ignorance.

• I’m calling dealer BS....if that was the case every new vehicle and every new set of tires would be doing it....millions of times a day...
    When in doubt try to make it sound like it’s normal. Shows their ignorance.

To a dealer its only B S when they know its B S, So the'll tell you anything you want to hear....When they don't know..And will do it with a convincing face....

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• So my wife called on the way home one day and said, "Hey, can you swing by CVS or Walgreens on your way?"
    "Sure, what for?"

"I need a couple more pregnancy tests, two different reputable companies, to double check the two positives I've already got."

Yeah....that "aww shit" has been 5 1/2 years of my life so far, 12 1/2 left to go. Not that I'm counting. :00008172:

you say this like they leave at 18 - - -- - - - - -NOT!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies