Post your "Oh S#!t" Moment

• I Have a tin ear......But from what i hear, It sounds like your ignition is braking up...?? I know that sound well from my days at the drag strips...1960's...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• I really hope that's the case...

But I have to admit, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I ever lost traction in the SS.

So are you saying, you tend to drive the rear tire to the sides and ended up taking two lanes? =O

BOSS MOVE! :thumbup:

• I Have a tin ear......But from what i hear, It sounds like your ignition is braking up...?? I know that sound well from my days at the drag strips...1960's...

It could also be my transmission.. I recently got a transmission swap, but instead of getting the PCS controller, I decided to get the standard shifter, where you have to press to go from P R N D L, with a paddle shifter.

but from watching the videos over and over again, hearing all the sounds, I think that the programming on the transmission tries to cut power if the rear tire ever lose control.. but then again, i'm just taking a theory here. I'll show the videos to the vendor and see what they say.

• It could also be my transmission.. I recently got a transmission swap, but instead of getting the PCS controller, I decided to get the standard shifter, where you have to press to go from P R N D L, with a paddle shifter.
    but from watching the videos over and over again, hearing all the sounds, I think that the programming on the transmission tries to cut power if the rear tire ever lose control.. but then again, i'm just taking a theory here. I'll show the videos to the vendor and see what they say.

now that adds a whole new line of possibilities. I did not know you had installed an automatic transmission

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• now that adds a whole new line of possibilities. I did not know you had installed an automatic transmission

there's too many factors here that could have caused the incident. I wish someone has a dashcam behind me so I can see what the SS looks like when I lost control.

but those AUTO USERS, please chime in! Has this ever happened to you?

• if it was the rear tire, and it momentarily locked the transmission adds to the list of things that could have caused it. Unfortunately if it was the transmission and it did something like trying to down shift that led to the problem this wont show up in the memory of the Slings ECM so it could be almost impossible to know

correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming there are no connections between the Slings ECM and the transmission - is that correct?

• if it was the rear tire, and it momentarily locked the transmission adds to the list of things that could have caused it. Unfortunately if it was the transmission and it did something like trying to down shift that led to the problem this wont show up in the memory of the Slings ECM so it could be almost impossible to know

correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming there are no connections between the Slings ECM and the transmission - is that correct?

i dont think the transmission downshifted which cause me to lose control. If the trans malfunction, shouldnt it be making a grinding noise BEFORE i lost control, whether it's a manual or an auto transmission.

What I can say is that after I took control of it, I felt like it's downshifting from the gear that I was on to the lowest one to compensate for the current speed.

• i dont think the transmission downshifted which cause me to lose control. If the trans malfunction, shouldnt it be making a grinding noise BEFORE i lost control, whether it's a manual or an auto transmission.
    What I can say is that after I took control of it, I felt like it's downshifting from the gear that I was on to the lowest one to compensate for the current speed.

The trans can down shift without making any noise except for the drive wheels that stop turning.

• OK folks! Watch the video's and let us see what you think. Before someone gets hurt with this. Also remember this is an auto transmission install. He does not have a clue as to what is going on. I have probably watched each incident at least 15 times. I think the trans is shifting down by the action of the SS and the back ground noise. I had him call me to explain what was happening.

• The trans can down shift without making any noise except for the drive wheels that stop turning.

I have seen a friend cause his back tires to lock and skid by down shifting an automatic and it didnt grind at all

• OK folks! Watch the video's and let us see what you think. Before someone gets hurt with this. Also remember this is an auto transmission install. He does not have a clue as to what is going on. I have probably watched each incident at least 15 times. I think the trans is shifting down by the action of the SS and the back ground noise. I had him call me to explain what was happening.

Thanks @FunCycle I'm not sure if they are even watching the videos.. I shorten each incident so you can see before and after it happened in case you see something I didn't.

I think this may be the most likely explanation, and perhaps the best we will have until the dealer has a chance to make sure everything else was and is working properly - if it turns out to be a problem with the ABS or traction control I hope it is fixed and we can know if it is something the rest of us should be watching for

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I think this may be the most likely explanation, and perhaps the best we will have until the dealer has a chance to make sure everything else was and is working properly - if it turns out to be a problem with the ABS or traction control I hope it is fixed and we can now if it is something the rest of us should be watching for

This is not a problem that anyone has had before. I also do not like the off center steering wheel and possibly angle sensor not set where it should be. This is from 75,000 miles on my Sling and the steering locking last year and putting me in a ditch. I was lucky.

• The worst "oh S---" I've had with losing control was down shifting and hitting 2nd instead of 4th. Almost lost it. (wet and rainy) rear end dancing like yours was, but I knew what caused it and got it corrected quickly.

Hope you can figure out the cause so that you can avoid/correct soon.

• The worst "oh S---" I've had with losing control was down shifting and hitting 2nd instead of 4th. Almost lost it. (wet and rainy) rear end dancing like yours was, but I knew what caused it and got it corrected quickly.

Bin there and done that at about 80 mph, almost sideways.

haven't had this joy yet and hopefully I will not

Yes, I'm curious to know too..

Bin there and done that at about 80 mph, almost sideways.

You guys and girls are the best!! I really appreciate everyone's input! I sent the links to the vendor who did my transmission, so hopefully he can shed some light into this.

• Hey brother... wow.., DANM... whatching those video... will give you the pucker factor quick. Wow.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.