• Much more expensive, better HP/lb ratio, fewer safety features. Always liked the look, but too expensive for me.
    Back in 2010, while visiting Orlando, we drove down to the Miami area to check out a home-built reverse trike. It was loosely based on the T-rex/G-2/family of reverse trikes*, but was more angular than the rounded lines on those vehicles. I had scraped the money together, but there were too many uncertainties for me since it was a home-built.
    * see - Reverse Trike Motorcycle Club

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Several used T-Rex’s for sale in the mid-40s - so yes, quite a bit more expensive.

4 Campagna T-REX Motorcycles For Sale

The other thing that struck me is there is not much in front of the occupants in terms of frame / structure.

Dimension wise, the Slingshot feels larger overall - especially width. I bet I would be rubbing shoulders with the person in the passenger seat.

• I'll be 100% HONEST, IMHO its a wicked cool looking machine, and way nicer ass than the Sling. I was real close to buying one prior to Sling, but with the kit I wanted I was looking @ $60K+ 8o ….There's a dealer in Foxboro, Ma and other than that no one around where I live if an issue. I have seen a few up close and personal. Machines haul ass ,Hyabussa MOTOR. If they came down on price, they could be a huge seller...

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• @BONES - from what I read they use a BMW inline 6 turbocharged.

I too thought it was a good looking machine.

Other than 3 wheels, quite different from the Sling.

Definitely would like to take a ride in one. I am a taller guy so trying to get in and out with the roof might require some contortions

• Switchblade Doors?!?!?

Might be a choir...but, think of the looks you would garner!!!!

• doors? windows? a roof?

yes it looks wicked, but I bought my Slingshot to be open like a motorcycle not just another sports car

but it is cool, just not even close to what I wanted

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• doors? windows? a roof?
    yes it looks wicked, but I bought my Slingshot to be open like a motorcycle not just another sports car

but it is cool, just not even close to what I wanted

I'm on the same bus as you. Too much like another Sports Car. But given the opportunity, I could see me in one. I just wouldn't have as much fun as the Slingshot. Truth be told, I think I would rather have the wind in my face, and what hair I have left, blowing in the breeze. Yeah, pretty to look at, but my choice is still the Sling.

• I'm on the same bus as you. Too much like another Sports Car. But given the opportunity, I could see me in one. I just wouldn't have as much fun as the Slingshot. Truth be told, I think I would rather have the wind in my face, and what hair I have left, blowing in the breeze. Yeah, pretty to look at, but my choice is still the Sling.

WHAT HAIR?

• I'm getting a G2, VTR s out of Canada this spring, this is a short video of it

This is a picture of mine being built :00008040:

nice! :D

what engine does that have? and what are the specs?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies