Best Replacement Battery

• Same for my stock battery. Lasted me 2.4 years. Too many stereo tinkering days and it sat for 2 months waiting parts while the wifi module from the air ride setup drained the battery. I didn't realize there was a small draw from the wifi kit used in the Rev Dynamics digital air ride sys. Going to need a battery tender in the future.

thanks for this! i was looking into getting an air suspension too..

• My 2018 S that is only 4 months old has a battery that won't start the motor. I called dealer this morning and ask if I could bring battery in and let them test it. They said yes and it only has a 30 day warranty. I called Polaris and got bounced around to 4 different departments and no one could give me an answer about warranty. I asked about Sling vehicle warranty and got one answer 1 year and another that it is 2 year. Having bought a 2011 and a 2014 Polaris Victory Motorcycle I should know by now about Polaris and their warranties.

I'm switching over to a Optima.

• My 2018 S that is only 4 months old has a battery that won't start the motor. I called dealer this morning and ask if I could bring battery in and let them test it. They said yes and it only has a 30 day warranty. I called Polaris and got bounced around to 4 different departments and no one could give me an answer about warranty. I asked about Sling vehicle warranty and got one answer 1 year and another that it is 2 year. Having bought a 2011 and a 2014 Polaris Victory Motorcycle I should know by now about Polaris and their warranties.

dead battery in 4 months??!!! what the hell?! =O that’s gotta be the shortest battery life i’ve ever heard.. as far as the warranty, isn’t it like 1 year standard warranty for most products?

I think the dealer is just saying that so you’ll have to get a new one from them. After all, it’s a STEALership.. Soon, robots and AI will replace them. :D

Don't know about the battery But the Slingshot warrantee is two years from date of purchase...
    The battery might be coved by the battery manufactures warrantee..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• My original battery lasted 3 months and 3 weeks. I took my Slingshot to a local Polaris dealership and was told that it was out of warranty. I was advised it only had 90 days warranty and I could purchase a new battery for $169.99 plus installation labor.

I decided to come home and do some research on aftermarket batteries.

Before I completed researching possible aftermarket battery candidates, I contacted Polaris and was advised that the actual warranty period for the battery was six (6) months. I asked if they could send me something in writing so I could show the dealership.

After receiving the email from Polaris, I took my Slingshot back to the dealership and they installed a new battery under warranty free of charge.

• $169 plus LABOR for a small ass battery?!!!? what are these people smoking?

• And they didn’t know that?

• For some mysterious reason most batteries die in the springtime...

You cant just throw that out there without qualifying it. Where did you get your information?

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Most batteries die because the vechiel there in aren't driven as often as they should be to keep things up and running … anything that sets idle deteriorates.

ill have to disagree on this one.. my SS sat in the garage when I was away for work the whole winter (November - Feb) of 2016.. I got it on October 2016.. I came back and I checked the battery in the SS, and it's still reading 12.5. This is when it was bone stock LOL.

• You cant just throw that out there without qualifying it. Where did you get your information?

It's like radars cosine effect,.. it has to do with the centrifugal force of the earth, the angle of the earth in relations to the sun and the magnitude pulmonary pluses and minuses of the moon,... but this is just a guess! :thumbup:

• ill have to disagree on this one.. my SS sat in the garage when I was away for work the whole winter (November - Feb) of 2016.. I got it on October 2016.. I came back and I checked the battery in the SS, and it's still reading 12.5. This is when it was bone stock LOL.

No disagreement there. A newer battery can set with low use age and still be strong. I do believe that most 'bad' batteries are from lack of use (keeping charged).

• if only there's a device that can be hooked up to the battery that send me a message to my phone whenever the voltage drops to a certain one... then I'll push a button from the phone to charge it on/off whenever via wifi..

Some of us 'OLD School' guys carry 'flip phones'...